6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Give the 8350s to 74th then they didn’t get anything new for years plus they lost some flyers they gained in January 

Nah it's best for the first 50 or all 100 to get sent to FG, that garage deserves some new equipment instead of neglection after they've ran the 19-20 year old #6400's and also only received 6 of the #8325's while 19 of those we're sent to 103rd when they arrived 3 or so years ago. 74th will at least receive a few of the #600's when they go into service if they are planning getting some.

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Give the 8350s to 74th then they didn’t get anything new for years plus they lost some flyers they gained in January 

74th received 8000  - 8099 new, brand spanking new.   

If my prediction of a 50_50 split comes true, then the remaining 5 garages would qualify to receive an option of 200 buses, meaning every garage would have some new buses.

22 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

bring them back I don't want them gone I want them back I need to get a couple units and no one got 6861 yet sheesh

7 hours ago, ChicagoNova said:

8212, 8220, & anything in between I think should be at FG anyhow.

4 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Nah it's best for the first 50 or all 100 to get sent to FG, that garage deserves some new equipment instead of neglection after they've ran the 19-20 year old #6400's and also only received 6 of the #8325's while 19 of those we're sent to 103rd when they arrived 3 or so years ago. 74th will at least receive a few of the #600's when they go into service if they are planning getting some.

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

74th received 8000  - 8099 new, brand spanking new.   

If my prediction of a 50_50 split comes true, then the remaining 5 garages would qualify to receive an option of 200 buses, meaning every garage would have some new buses.

Tbh FG, 103rd and NP are retirement homes for 40fts. 103rd should get just enough to cover 29 and 28 other than that those 3 garages are pretty gentle on 40fts due to the fact that whatever 40ft routes those 3 have being either feeders or something that doesn't deadhead a lot {or as a rush heavy route gets a of rest for midday}  (22 and 36 are obviously exceptions but 22 only uses standards in the mid day.) 77th, 74th, C and K should get the newest since they have a higher base service and PM requirement. 103rd and NP needs new/fresh ARTICS cause that's what tends to get dogwalked the most from those garages. K imo tends to stay out west and as a limits replacement needs to be trading buses out constantly to balance out milage since it's artics are mainly rush only and the rest of it's downtown routes can deadhead down streets and therefore not as taxing on the engines. 

• 2 weeks later...