More Bus Moves

sw4400

I thought someone on here said K stopped doing trips on 66 with Chicago converting it to artics?

No. BusTracker reports some a.m. rush trips with very low numbered 4000s. I asked if those were transfers or K still running them, and someone said K still running them, the indication on the strip map route progress displays being that they originate at Troy (block east of Kedzie).

post-14-0-91284800-1392131667_thumb.jpg

been reading the contracts and i didn't see that coming but R.I.P cause they had potential until suspension/transmission problems persist (not to mention the hole in the dead middle of that one bus)

If you read the NABI thread, there were the news stories that even before the settlement, CTA and NABI agreed to scrap the buses. The only thing unexpected was that it took this long.

No. BusTracker reports some a.m. rush trips with very low numbered 4000s. I asked if those were transfers or K still running them, and someone said K still running them, the indication on the strip map route progress displays being that they originate at Troy (block east of Kedzie).

attachicon.giftroy.jpg

Those two buses are actually out of Kedzie.

So, I was departing from Forest Park about an hour ago and out of middle of nowhere, I spotted a towed artic (4000s) heading westbound on I-290. Is there a reasonable explanation why it was heading to the suburbs while being towed?

I don't know about this one, but CTA buses have been seen (including by me) in the DuPage area, apparently heading to Inland Power Group or some other independent bus repair facility. Maybe the Allison system needed work.

Did you notice #6848 is on the #77 or it was earlier.

Yep, it looks as if another "ten-for-ten" trade between 77th and FG occurred today.

6829, which remained at 77th last week, is now up north; the rest of the 6840s (up through 6849) appear to have migrated too.

Meanwhile, 1229 and 1235 are showing up on BusTracker on 77th Street routes as I write. It looks as if the NF roster at FG has shrunken to 38 now.

Additional update: Spotted 1233 on Halsted earlier this evening. Just a couple of days ago, it was operating on Foster.

In tonight's episode, one Perva was accused of impersonating a sheriff's police officer on the L platform at Clark and Lake.

Maybe notable for us, "[he] was standing on a train platform about 3:45 p.m. Monday, watching trains go by without getting on any of them, county prosecutors said, when a K-9 unit officer approached him and questioned him."

Personally, I wouldn't want to mess with the "dog partner," as the police officers usually put it.

• Upvote 1

In tonight's episode, one Perva was accused of impersonating a sheriff's police officer on the L platform at Clark and Lake.

Maybe notable for us, "[he] was standing on a train platform about 3:45 p.m. Monday, watching trains go by without getting on any of them, county prosecutors said, when a K-9 unit officer approached him and questioned him."

Personally, I wouldn't want to mess with the "dog partner," as the police officers usually put it.

The Tonight Show with Busjack! Lol, I'm just kidding. He probably would've had a lighter bail and/or less charges if he didn't have the keys in his possession. It's not good for a teenager but maybe he wanted to pursue higher in life. Who knows but that's not the right path to go though.

The Tonight Show with Busjack! Lol, I'm just kidding. He probably would've had a lighter bail and/or less charges if he didn't have the keys in his possession. It's not good for a teenager but maybe he wanted to pursue higher in life. Who knows but that's not the right path to go though.

There was the one teenager who kept being sent back to juvy for impersonating CTA drivers and police officers, including going to police supply stores.

There was the one teenager who kept being sent back to juvy for impersonating CTA drivers and police officers, including going to police supply stores.

Yeah, I remember that. I don't want to say that he's a bad guy nor anything that's derogative. Maybe that could've been avoided numerous of times if somebody gave him some guidance. Let's be real Busjack; this city is really lacking leadership when it comes to helping our young children and teenagers. It does makes me worry about my three children when they grow up.

Yeah, I remember that. I don't want to say that he's a bad guy nor anything that's derogative. Maybe that could've been avoided numerous of times if somebody gave him some guidance. Let's be real Busjack; this city is really lacking leadership when it comes to helping our young children and teenagers. It does makes me worry about my three children when they grow up.

If your child becomes a repeat offender like that, the first responsibility is on the parent. Now, if it is something else like someone getting shot for dissing a gang or while trying to make a buck shoveling snow, that's something else.

CTA using #4340 as an "Insruction Bus" recently. Spellcheck, anyone???

One has seen worse (such as Elmhurt Metra).

But that's probably a good question whether the PC software provided by Luminator has a spellchecker. But, most web browsers do and you see what shows up on the Internet.