More Bus Moves

sw4400

I know some low numbered Novas are at FG, but a few days ago, I saw #6471 servicing #80 EB to Lake Shore. What caught my eye was the front Flip-Dots... The number was partially gone, and looked like it had a "9" as it's last number it the destination saying "TO BERWYN". Long time since a Nova was signed to Berwyn, I'm sure...(Western back when Archer was open).

I know some low numbered Novas are at FG, but a few days ago, I saw #6471 servicing #80 EB to Lake Shore. What caught my eye was the front Flip-Dots... The number was partially gone, and looked like it had a "9" as it's last number it the destination saying "TO BERWYN". Long time since a Nova was signed to Berwyn, I'm sure...(Western back when Archer was open).

6471 came out of NP before send to 77th Garage.

So I decided to do some speed tests on the Brown Line during the evening last week and southbound don't look too good at all. Northbound was very decent. 1st pic is northbound between Merchandise Mart-Kimball and 2nd pic is between Kimball-Adams/Wabash. The red dots are the stations.

post-1364-0-15331400-1395418393_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-50128200-1395418439_thumb.jp

This will be interesting to watch. One thing I do know is that 4339 and 4340 have been at many homes from 103rd to 77th to Kedzie to now maybe North Park. They can't seem to stay at one garage for too long.

Interesting, Kedzie probably won't transfer new buses without some type of new bus replacement, they only have 15, 103rd only has 20, so if anyone transfers probably I'd look at 77th. But the #4207 sighting at Kedzie says otherwise, so I don't know. A few fresher buses for the Wrigley Field extras couldn't hurt especially with the antiquated fleet at FG. Plus with the zoos and museums and Lakefront crowds I'm surprised they already aren't at NP. 79th has too many new buses, they should share some like the #66. I think too that the longitudinal buses should be spread around the system to test ridership and give riders a break from having a longitudinal bus 50 percent of the time at one garage. If they are having longitudinal complaints it would lessen that. It's just too bad something wasn't done with the #5000's though. (35 years of longitudinal seating versus 12 for a bus)

Might just be a loaner...

Probably the case, as up to now, NP's artics have solely been hybrids.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well despite a couple of as now what are still Kedzie artics popping up on the 147. I think some are getting a little too quick in rushing to hypothesis on every minor move that's cropped up in recent days. This and the sightings of a couple of 103rd NF D40LFs showing up on 74th routes are nowhere near the level of the moves of NFs for Novas between FG, 74th and now Chicago with 77th.

Either that, or new puke guards, similar in theory to the etch film on the windows.

That's not a 5000 series rail car, it's a 3200 series rail car. You can tell by the seating arrangement. Very weird though.

In any event, someone's "art project?"

Why loan them a new artic? Could be for training. Why is #4207 at kedzie? Good question.

Yeah could be but that doesn't necessarily mean a trade is on the horizon. But the question though is a 2008 NF LF model artic all that different from a 2012 LFR mechanically speaking? AN LF and LFR are reported to be essentially the same bus with some cosmetic differences between the two.

Yeah could be but that doesn't necessarily mean a trade is on the horizon. But the question though is a 2008 NF LF model artic all that different from a 2012 LFR mechanically speaking? AN LF and LFR are reported to be essentially the same bus with some cosmetic differences between the two.

The hybrids, probably not, but at issue was a diesel on a NP route.