More Bus Moves

sw4400

Then, I suppose they can move to 63rd and Ashland. :blink: Or even Addison and Ashland. :D

Or they just won't use the service. :D But I don't think it will be like that for long. It's just not smart on CTA's part to do that, they risk a ridership loss, because late, dirty old half working buses are not dependable and if the riders needs are not being met they will go elsewhere. I believe they already are having ridership losses across the bus system, just read the reports. At least i won't have to answer for it when the time comes. :P

4207 also happens to be back at NP. It's on the 147 today. And 4338 happens to be on the 146. So not sure what Kedzie is getting back if yet again it's giving up artics to NP, which Blue Line shuttle work or no, is beginning to get crazy as the weekend work is light enough for NP to do shuttles without having to take artics from elsewhere while trading nothing in return.

4207 also happens to be back at NP. It's on the 147 today. And 4338 happens to be on the 146. So not sure what Kedzie is getting back if yet again it's giving up artics to NP, which Blue Line shuttle work or no, is beginning to get crazy as the weekend work is light enough for NP to do shuttles without having to take artics from elsewhere while trading nothing in return.

Well, Juniorz just posted some pics on behalf of the Blue Line Construction which includes #4379 from Chicago operating as a shuttle bus.

That was the only answer that I could come up with. I think 4206 and 4207 were just temporary loaners. So MAYBE when the weekend construction is over they will return to Kedzie until the next work closure, although I do not know why 4338 would be on 146.

In that articulated buses are being used between O'Hare and Rosemont, we know they didn't come from FG. B)

Well the earliest shuttles were FG Novas based on WGN News footage from early this morning shortly after that crash. And I noticed those three 4040s making it back to Kedzie through physical sightings on the 156 this morning. Looks like Kedzie kept its hybrids out of its 4300s.

Guest ctafan630

In that articulated buses are being used between O'Hare and Rosemont, we know they didn't come from FG. B)

The Chicago Tribune is reporting reticulated buses are being used, Must be a new form of bus.

Trains continue to run between Forest Park and Rosemont, where passengers can catch a shuttle to the airport. The large, reticulated buses are operating on a load-and-go basis instead of a schedule, adding 5 to 10 minutes to the typical airport trip, officials said.

Well the earliest shuttles were FG Novas based on WGN News footage from early this morning shortly after that crash. And I noticed those three 4040s making it back to Kedzie through physical sightings on the 156 this morning. Looks like Kedzie kept its hybrids out of its 4300s.

The Tribune gallery shows some bus numbers (4115, 4333).

Must be a 4000 for 4333 trade in the works between NP and K. NP has 4335-4340 now and K has 4043-4048? K still holds onto 4333-4334, but I would figure those will migrate in a 2 for 2 trade of 4000 for 4333 between NP and K in the next few days. I don't think the DE60LFR's will migrate to NP as well, but stranger things have been happening as of late...

The Tribune gallery shows some bus numbers (4115, 4333).

I'm not countering that artics are being used NOW, but very early this morning shortly after the crash some of FG's Novas were being used based on footage of the WGN Morning News reporter reporting the story all morning pointing directly to a group of FG Novas signed "BLUE LINE" that she said were shuttles buses between Rosemont and O'Hare at the tail end of her report.

I'm not countering that artics are being used NOW, but very early this morning shortly after the crash some of FG's Novas were being used based on footage of the WGN Morning News reporter reporting the story all morning pointing directly to a group of FG Novas signed "BLUE LINE" that she said were shuttles buses between Rosemont and O'Hare at the tail end of her report.

Those 40 footers were probably brought out as emergency service; when things got more organized they got the artics.

I didn't say anything about that, and, anyway, the gallery* also shows a Nova in the bus terminal. The Pace 600 bus got shoved over a couple of stalls. Remember, CTA buses usually do not go to this station.

I was only making a point about the fleet numbers on the artics, about which now sw is making an inference whether a swap with NP is actually occurring.

__

*Link is now worthless for this purpose, as the video of the NTSB press conference was substituted. I tried to figure out how to link to individual pictures, but didn't in time.

Must be a 4000 for 4333 trade in the works between NP and K. NP has 4335-4340 now and K has 4043-4048? K still holds onto 4333-4334, but I would figure those will migrate in a 2 for 2 trade of 4000 for 4333 between NP and K in the next few days. I don't think the DE60LFR's will migrate to NP as well, but stranger things have been happening as of late...

#4333's on the #146 now.

I didn't say anything about that, and, anyway, the gallery* also shows a Nova in the bus terminal.

*Link is now worthless for this purpose, as the video of the NTSB press conference was substituted. I tried to figure out how to link to individual pictures, but didn't in time.

Correction to this post. The Tribune moved the gallery to here, and the picture to which I referred is here.

Anyway, 4333 was there then, but apparently not now.

Those 40 footers were probably brought out as emergency service; when things got more organized they got the artics.

Which was my only point. I know we debate points on the forum a lot of times, but I'll say to Busjack that my original point on this wasn't to make a debate but simply to point out that it looked like early on the first buses they were able to get in place were some unused buses from FG which kind of makes sense since it is closer to O'Hare than any of the other garages. :lol:

4051 is on #62.

So looks like Kedzie got the buses it sent to NP last month back and gave up the 4333s it had in their place. That's an even trade so that might be it for now as far as trading artics between those two garages goes. It also throws a bit of a monkey wrench in the understandable theory that they were doing a swap to even out mileage given 4118-4207 likely have more mileage on them than 4043-4051.

This what happened when people can't keep up with (expletive)...... #4357 on #79.

It's a shame the lack of care people show another's property especially property paid for with our collective tax dollars. And some of these same geniuses make the odd argument that fares are going to go up because the CTA is getting new buses to replace old ones and in some cases simultaneously complain in the very same breath that too many old buses are still in use.