More Bus Moves

sw4400

I was on Grand/Milwaukee/Halsted when I saw it.

That bus must have really been hoofing it then on top of it taking a few minutes to get your post up because it was approaching Division literally 2 or 3 minutes after the time stamp on your post about seeing it. And Sam is right. You do get all across this city. LOL :lol:

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Chicago is going about it it's original 2007 format which is 1330-1429.

Doesn't look likely with the majority of the 1300s still at Kedzie and North Park. Any bus swaps for the start of the spring pick itself should and would have already taken place Friday and yesterday.

That bus must have really been hoofing it then on top of it taking a few minutes to get your post up because it was approaching Division literally 2 or 3 minutes after the time stamp on your post about seeing it. And Sam is right. You do get all across this city. LOL :lol:

LOL :D I couldn't post it in time because I was on my bike during a delivery. I think it took me about 7-10 minutes after I saw it to post about it.

Doesn't look likely with the majority of the 1300s still at Kedzie and North Park. Any bus swaps for the start of the spring pick itself should and would have already taken place Friday and yesterday.

That can be true. 77th really been kicking 74th and Chicago rear ends by getting an extraordinary amount of New Flyers.

That can be true. 77th really been kicking 74th and Chicago rear ends by getting an extraordinary amount of New Flyers.

Though some kind of switch did apparently happen with Chicago picking up some NFs from elswhere. Besides your spotting of 1422 which was at NP and BusHunter's sighting of 1332, 1428 is on the 53 right now. That kind of makes sense that Chicago gained some buses because it's helping Kedzie with the 12 during select rush hour trips and taking over the 37 from Kedzie, both moves starting tomorrow morning.

I was taking the Green Line from Roosevelt to 35th tonight when suddenly the train came to a stop as we were passing through 17th street junction, and a moment later the motorman came running through the car toward the rear of the train. The train jerked backward for a second and then halted again, and soon after the motorman passed back on the way to the front. We started moving again, and it became obvious why we had stopped, as we were now ascending up the ramp to the Orange Line tracks. The motorman then came on the intercom to tell us we were stopping at Halsted Orange and that there would be a train waiting for us there, though in actuality the train that took us back to Roosevelt was already about 100 feet out of Halsted, and it had to reverse back into the station to pick us up.

I seem to recall reading that Orange Line trains have a transponder that sets the routing at 17th, so I'm not entirely sure how this happened. The train I was on was a set of 5000s, I think the lead car was
somewhere in the 5030s.

Ahhhh, there you go! I totally forgot about #37.

I just checked the rosters and BusHunter has Chicago regaining 1332 and 1333 from Kedzie and picking up 1421-29 from North Park with nothing going out to either. That makes sense because Chicago picking up some rush trips on the 12 from Kedzie but giving up its share of the morning trips on the 151 back to Kedzie evens out in terms of buses needed. So it only really needed to have a gain that would cover it taking over the 37. So basically that means look for a chance to see Novas on the 12 and the 37 starting tomorrow morning. :lol:

I was taking the Green Line from Roosevelt to 35th tonight when suddenly the train came to a stop as we were passing through 17th street junction, and a moment later the motorman came running through the car toward the rear of the train. The train jerked backward for a second and then halted again, and soon after the motorman passed back on the way to the front. We started moving again, and it became obvious why we had stopped, as we were now ascending up the ramp to the Orange Line tracks. The motorman then came on the intercom to tell us we were stopping at Halsted Orange and that there would be a train waiting for us there, though in actuality the train that took us back to Roosevelt was already about 100 feet out of Halsted, and it had to reverse back into the station to pick us up.

I seem to recall reading that Orange Line trains have a transponder that sets the routing at 17th, so I'm not entirely sure how this happened. The train I was on was a set of 5000s, I think the lead car was

somewhere in the 5030s.

Well that's very inadvertent for that to happen. I remembered back in 1997 I was on the Orange Line with my family heading to Clark/Lake during evening rush hour and I've spotted a Linden bound Purple Line train on the southbound Orange/Green Line tracks near the former "S" curve between Congress and Harrison. I was like how in the world that happened.

I just checked the rosters and BusHunter has Chicago regaining 1332 and 1333 from Kedzie and picking up 1421-29 from North Park with nothing going out to either. That makes sense because Chicago picking up some rush trips on the 12 from Kedzie but giving up its share of the morning trips on the 151 back to Kedzie evens out in terms of buses needed. So it only really needed to have a gain that would cover it taking over the 37. So basically that means look for a chance to see Novas on the 12 and the 37 starting tomorrow morning. :lol:

Damn Novas LOL!!! Can I go one day or more without riding them?!?!?! :P

If North Park surrendered 1421-29 to Chicago then what are they getting unless they're good with the fleet?

Damn Novas LOL!!! Can I go one day or more without riding them?!?!?! :P

If North Park surrendered 1421-29 to Chicago then what are they getting unless they're good with the fleet?

Yeah my friend, they are expanding their reach. Started with FG taking back the 76 after almost a decade at Chicago and tomorrow they likely will be expanding to the 37 once Chicago takes that over and possibly the 12 depending on how many trips of the 12 Chicago takes on in weekday rush hours. :lol:

Could have sworn I brought this up previously on the forum, but searching for it yielded no results:

One time I was on a southbound Orange Line train that left Roosevelt, but it took the wrong turn at 17th Junction (it ended up on the southbound Green Line tracks). Right after the operator noticed the error, she stopped the train while it was on the interlocking, went to the rear of the train, backed it out of the interlocking, and waited for the correct signal before proceeding onto Halsted. I still do not know exactly what happened that day, but it was certainly something out of the ordinary.

Yeah my friend, they are expanding their reach. Started with FG taking back the 76 after almost a decade at Chicago and tomorrow they likely will be expanding to the 37 once Chicago takes that over and possibly the 12 depending on how many trips of the 12 Chicago takes on in weekday rush hours. :lol:

So far I don't see any Novas on #12 :D

1162-1165 K to 7

1248-1252 03 to 7

1332-1334 K to C

1348-1350 K to C

1420-1429 P to C

6551-6567 C to F

6569-6573 C to F

6594-6596 C to F

Andre now at FG (21808)

52nd is making 5 trips on 12, leaving Pulaski 0616 to 0653, all five pull out to Pulaski, work to 16/Indiana, back to Kedzie, deadhead up Kedzie to Chicago to go into 66 service

52nd is making 5 trips on 12, leaving Pulaski 0616 to 0653, all five pull out to Pulaski, work to 16/Indiana, back to Kedzie, deadhead up Kedzie to Chicago to go into 66 service

Seems like alot of extra shifting. It might have been smarter to make those become #53's and either have the extra #53's pullin or make them #66's.

Just saw 6853 on 49 run p309

6571 & 6844 this morning on #148.

Very likely borrowed buses from Forest Glen as has been happening here and there.

Sounds like Chicago might use artics on those trips unless, like Kedzie, Chicago wanted those AM #66 short runs operated with 40 foot buses due to those short runs having also been interlined with the 120 and 121 AM trips. But since the 66's schedule was updated yesterday (though they haven't yet moved the updated schedule from the advance pulldown to the current one) it's not clear that interline between 66 and 120 and 121 is still in place.

So far I don't see any Novas on #12 :D

From what Andre mentioned of those Chicago 12 trips becoming #66 runs, they might be operated with artics.

I'd look for those few random Novas that found their way on North Park routes today to find their way back to Forest Glen after those artics and NF 1000s spotted parked at Forest Glen, and are presumably NP buses, make their way back to NP. And I'd look for that to happen because Forest Glen doesn't have the hoists to accommodate CTA's current artics.