More Bus Moves

sw4400

Bike delivery range? :mellow:

Our friend is a bike messenger.

Yes indeed I'm a bike messenger even though it's technically called bike courier because of my job. If anyone seen a black road bike with a big white basket on the back of the bike with a black crate in it then that's me! LOL :D
  • Upvote 1

6462 has had those seats for a good number of years, discussed previously.

There was one mention of a converted 5800-series bus (5858 to be particular) for the Chicago Fire Department back in 2010, but not much has been talked about it since.

Its still around! It is assigned at Engine #107 firehouse at 1101 S. California av How have you been??? :)

Its still around! It is assigned at Engine #107 firehouse at 1101 S. California av How have you been??? :)

That's why I sometimes keep seeing it often when I'm near Roosevelt Road. It's at the firehouse of my childhood neighborhood.

I've been good, still a daily reader of the forum, but only responding to topics which I have some working knowledge or where I have an opinion to share. Aside from that college work keeps me busy. :(

Well 6808 is back at Forest Glen. I mentioned in another thread that I rode it on the 84 during the last part of morning earlier today. So as I was getting at yesterday, it and those other Novas were loans yesterday. As for the "shield" on 6863, does it actually extend enough to block a punch from a young punk or some weirdo who's had too much to drink. Most folks are right handed, and that picture looks like all that will be blocked is a blow from a left hander.

Speaking of disabled sensors, remember last year when the CTA put the skate-key keyways on all the buses that lock out the transmission shifter to avert "unauthorized pullouts"? Well, a majority of Novas and many Flyers have had these locks permanently unlocked, apparently by maintenance, probably because there were problems with not making the circuit when the key was inserted. So you turn it on once, make sure it works, and leave it that way. Don't be surprised if same happens with the safety gates after a while.

Yes indeed I'm a bike messenger even though it's technically called bike courier because of my job. If anyone seen a black road bike with a big white basket on the back of the bike with a black crate in it then that's me! LOL :D

Well then, good luck not getting run over on Halsted!

We like our forum members being able to post on here. :)

• Upvote 1

Speaking of disabled sensors, remember last year when the CTA put the skate-key keyways on all the buses that lock out the transmission shifter to avert "unauthorized pullouts"? Well, a majority of Novas and many Flyers have had these locks permanently unlocked, apparently by maintenance, probably because there were problems with not making the circuit when the key was inserted. So you turn it on once, make sure it works, and leave it that way. Don't be surprised if same happens with the safety gates after a while.

Ooooohhh LOOOL that explains a lot then I thought the operators were doing that cause every time I get a bus and I get ready to put my key in and be like who keep doing this to these buses? Lol thanks for clearing that up. So basically they are making the buses like they were before the "key shift" operation started right?

Yeah I forgot a lot of places call you guys bike couriers. :lol:

Our friend has managed to get shots of buses downtown and other busy city streets while on his bike. I got confidence that he'll be careful. :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah I forgot a lot of places call you guys bike couriers. :lol:

Our friend has managed to get shots of buses downtown and other busy city streets while on his bike. I got confidence that he'll be careful. :)

It's not that damn easy for me to do all that! LOL :P You have to have an extraordinary amount of biking experience that have that attribute of photography! Now that I just got myself an iPhone 5S yesterday it's going to be more fun taking shots!!! :D

I saw #903 with signage operating as a #60. Problem is, I saw it at 79th and Kedzie, and later at 77th Garage/South Shops, along with an old Optima bus and 3 Fresh Fruit buses (all ex-6000s Flxibles).

Wait there were 3? I saw 2 on the southeast side this morning hmmmm very interesting.