More Bus Moves

sw4400

18 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Kind of surprising seeing they picked up so many artics. Maybe they have the problem of operators not being artic qualified or there are some who don't want to drive them. Notice all the new temp buses are everything but artic.

The problem is a lot of the buses that were used were on non artic routes. 77th management made it clear that if you haven't gotten trained and you try to use that as an excuse to not drive an artic you will be disciplined.  

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

The problem is a lot of the buses that were used were on non artic routes. 77th management made it clear that if you haven't gotten trained and you try to use that as an excuse to not drive an artic you will be disciplined.  

Wait so they aint train non of the drivers at 7 on the artics thats fucked up if they didn't 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Wait so they aint train non of the drivers at 7 on the artics thats fucked up if they didn't 

No, the problem is a mass majority of the operators have avoided getting trained all together and management along with Control got tired of the same old excuses. Training for the artics has been around since early May I believe and only a hand full including myself took advantage early on, while others wanted no parts of them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

No, the problem is a mass majority of the operators have avoided getting trained all together and management along with Control got tired of the same old excuses. Training for the artics has been around since early May I believe and only a hand full including myself took advantage early on, while others wanted no parts of them.

Is there an artic differential pay?  

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

None that I know of. I mean we did get pay for that hour of training.

I suppose I  wouldn't want to drive a 60ft bus for the same pay to drive a 40 ft bus.  You are essentially driving a bus and a half. I'm sure you can attest there are challenges driving the artic you don't face driving a standard bus.  Not only should you be paid for the training,  how about another $2 $3, or even $5 per hour differential pay for driving artics?  There's night shift and split shift differentials.  An artic differential might be incentive enough to draw some drivers to train and drive them.

23 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I suppose I  wouldn't want to drive a 60ft bus for the same pay to drive a 40 ft bus.  You are essentially driving a bus and a half. I'm sure you can attest there are challenges driving the artic you don't face driving a standard bus.  Not only should you be paid for the training,  how about another $2 $3, or even $5 per hour differential pay for driving artics?  There's night shift and split shift differentials.  An artic differential might be incentive enough to draw some drivers to train and drive them.

Well at this point I believe most of the operators at the garage have been trained on them now with maybe a few stragglers following close behind. I wish that they would pay everyone a little extra to drive artics  in around the garages that have them. I usually drive them on 87th during weekends and after about 6 or 7 pm they're practically empty, I was lucky enough to get a 40 footer this past weekend though. Driving through the east end of 87th can be challenging once you get towards commercial.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well at this point I believe most of the operators at the garage have been trained on them now with maybe a few stragglers following close behind. I wish that they would pay everyone a little extra to drive artics  in around the garages that have them. I usually drive them on 87th during weekends and after about 6 or 7 pm they're practically empty, I was lucky enough to get a 40 footer this past weekend though. Driving through the east end of 87th cab challenging once you get towards commercial.

Let me know if you ever switch to the 3, 4 or 79

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yea I agree it should be extra pay cuz he'll the last few times I had the 12 I had artics I even had a artics on the 52 last week