More Bus Moves

sw4400

Add Nova #6571 as now being a Chicago Garage bus: Just saw it on the #66 Chicago route on BusTracker.

Also, New Flyer #1590, which a few months ago was working the Kedzie Garage routes, is now back at the Chicago Garage: It is on the #76 Diversey route this evening.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like 74th traded to North Park. Spotted NF #1537 on the 11 Lincoln/Sedwick. Any other moves noticed?

The only swaps that would make sense from these two garages is 74th sends some 1500's to North Park for an equal number of 1700's.

Also checking #11, #22 and #36, no unusual buses on any of these routes, including #1537. It's not showing on any of the routes.

The only swaps that would make sense from these two garages is 74th sends some 1500's to North Park for an equal number of 1700's.

Either 1700s or Novas. We're getting toward that time when we can expect the bus swapping to resume.

Also checking #11, #22 and #36, no unusual buses on any of these routes, including #1537. It's not showing on any of the routes.

Might have been a floater. Checked North Park, 74th and Forest Glen routes and it's nowhere to be found. Also Glen shares the 11 so 1537 could have been traded for a few 1000's or 1100's. But everything else in the 1500 block is where it should be so I guess it's a floater. Had a '6' sticker on it anyway laugh.gif

Add Nova #6571 as now being a Chicago Garage bus: Just saw it on the #66 Chicago route on BusTracker.

Also, New Flyer #1590, which a few months ago was working the Kedzie Garage routes, is now back at the Chicago Garage: It is on the #76 Diversey route this evening.

#6572 is on #53 currently.

And looks like 77th is taking up runs on the #10 along with Kedzie. seen a mixture of Kedzie's artics with 77th's New Flyers all day. doesn't appear to have an interline judging from run numbers (7503 and 7505)

This is an annual thing that 77th does when the #10 has those spring break weekday supplement trips in late March going into early April for the Museum's spring break crowds. This year's spring break special service is slated March 24 on through to April 7. Outside that the 10 remains primarily a Kedzie route, of course till in some future pick it might be decided 77th shares the route on a permanent basis as it did a few years ago. That would also explain why Kedzie ran its share of those trips with artics instead of its 1000s as it usually does normally since this is still technically the time of year the 10 is weekend only service. Today's service is all Kedzie and all 1000s.

This is an annual thing that 77th does when the #10 has those spring break weekday supplement trips in late March going into early April for the Museum's spring break crowds. This year's spring break special service is slated March 24 on through to April 7. Outside that the 10 remains primarily a Kedzie route, of course till in some future pick it might be decided 77th shares the route on a permanent basis as it did a few years ago. That would also explain why Kedzie ran its share of those trips with artics instead of its 1000s as it usually does normally since this is still technically the time of year the 10 is weekend only service. Today's service is all Kedzie and all 1000s.

Do you know if those trips from 77th are interlined with the 3 or another route by any chance? just curious.

No the garage code read P. I looked @ it good.

Well that's the second random floater this week. The other being 1537 spotted on the #11. Also, I recall Forest Glen Novas dominating the #151 the Sunday of the Water Show weekend. Odd seeing that usually artics rule that route and of all the weekends you'd think that they would've borrowed some of 103rd's to help alleviate the crowds.

Do you know if those trips from 77th are interlined with the 3 or another route by any chance? just curious.

Not that I'm aware. Those weekday trips both from Kedzie and 77th should be what would be for the #10 full day service trips. I checked out the run numbers you said you saw on a couple of the 77th trips and the only I saw them matching is from the set of block run numbers used on the #79. Nothing for what 77th currently operates into downtown. From what I've seen of Kedzie operating the route, I don't think they don't interline it either, and it shares no other Kedzie run numbers outside the #130 which only operates mid-May through Labor Day weekend. The first trips in the morning deadhead from Kedzie to the Water Tower to start the route SB which feed the first NB trips. The final trips of the route are NB trips and from what I can remember just go out of service after reaching Water Tower and deadhead back to Kedzie.

• 2 weeks later...

#4103 was in the 147. strange, 4104-06 are still at 103rd. Do you think the higher numbers are going to 103rd while NP takes the middle?Also 6736 was on the #144, I think the code was still 'F' though

With CTA, you never know. i'll keep checking bus tracker

Spotted 103rd's NF #4102 on #135 this afternoon. Garage code was "P".

I was at UC the other day and saw a lot of buses on #6, all SRO. Hopefully all of those buses from the recently approved purchase will go to 103rd and that will end this flip-flopping.

#4103 was in the 147. strange, 4104-06 are still at 103rd. Do you think the higher numbers are going to 103rd while NP takes the middle?Also 6736 was on the #144, I think the code was still 'F' though

is

According to tracker 4104 is working a school trip on 82. Its from NP and operates to Congress. I assume it than goes east to the downtown area and operates as a outbound on one of the northside destinations and returns to NP

is

According to tracker 4104 is working a school trip on 82. Its from NP and operates to Congress. I assume it than goes east to the downtown area and operates as a outbound on one of the northside destinations and returns to NP

That bus was on the 147 this morning as well. 4103 was on that route saturday but I haven't seen it since. 4107 strangely has both an 03 and a p sticker...which is making this trade seem more of a block trade...