More Bus Moves

sw4400

Can we lock it down as actual move(s) and not (a) temporary transfer(s)? I want to keep these NF Rosters up-to-date as possible, but temporary transfers throw off the Rosters.

Unless someone is going to publish the extremely secret roster here, no. People on the street can't tell if a transfer is temporary.

Which buses at 74th are being replaced by 103rd 1500s?

None, as far as I know. 74th actually did lose 1585 to Chicago Garage a couple of months back. Plus, the addition of 1035-1037 and (more recently) 4058 back to the 103rd Garage roster made 1528 and 1529 expendable, so those two buses went to 74th. 1527 is still at 103rd.

• 2 weeks later...

None, as far as I know. 74th actually did lose 1585 to Chicago Garage a couple of months back. Plus, the addition of 1035-1037 and (more recently) 4058 back to the 103rd Garage roster made 1528 and 1529 expendable

I thought 103rd was always short on buses...

Porbably freeing up space for more artics... we have enough now to where the 26 has seen a good 5 of them in the rush

That doesn't quite add up given 103rd has been reported in the past to have used Novas and 1000's from 74th and 77th on its local routes because it was short of operable 40 footers to serve those routes. There was no reporting that that shortage was due to NFs breaking down like crazy there so it suggests 103rd was short on buses all around taking into account your frustration that it didn't seem to have enough artics. If it's been short of 40 footers where's the need to make room for artics? It should already have the room.

That doesn't quite add up given 103rd has been reported in the past to have used Novas and 1000's from 74th and 77th on its local routes because it was short of operable 40 footers to serve those routes. There was no reporting that that shortage was due to NFs breaking down like crazy there so it suggests 103rd was short on buses all around taking into account your frustration that it didn't seem to have enough artics. If it's been short of 40 footers where's the need to make room for artics? It should already have the room.

I'm not really frustrated about the whole not being enough artics. Like I said earlier I'm just confused about why even though the plan was to have 53 artics we steadily went lower in numbers instead of the gain. And I was guessing about the space thing cause things must be a little tight there with the NABI's taking up room.

If we didn't know any better we would think some of them were in regular service passing by on the Dan Ryan laugh.gif

Of course, the Dan Ryan hasn't had a regular bus route for about 43 years.

Still reminds me of when I saw a Marmon trolley bus on the Wentworth route (probably technically on Wells St.). The bus itself was visible from the train platform, but the truck towing it wasn't until one got to street level.

Of course, the Dan Ryan hasn't had a regular bus route for about 43 years.

Still reminds me of when I saw a Marmon trolley bus on the Wentworth route (probably technically on Wells St.). The bus itself was visible from the train platform, but the truck towing it wasn't until one got to street level.

lol nooooo Im saying as in one would think that they were deadheading down the Dan Ryan to start another run. Like I mentioned before about 2 weeks ago I saw an ex-103rd Flxible on the Dan Ryan looking kinda fresh even displaying a 15 JEFFERY LOCAL sign like it was still in service. Thats what I was getting at tongue.gif

Another explanation along with 5658's valid one could be possible extra service in light of Christmas fast approaching and a lot more people being downtown for shopping, sightseeing and the like. Any moves would and should have been held for this past weekend given new bus schedules went into effect Sunday with the change to the winter pick.

A bit of a late report... On the evening in December that the Christmas Lights were lit up, a 103rd artic (4060 if I remember) made a trip on 65 Navy Pier to Nordica, returning as a 74 Nordica to Halsted. Run 1539, a Jeffery Extra. Diverted by supervisor at Navy Pier, further diverted at Nordica to cover major service gaps. Probably first time in years artic was on Fullerton!

• 2 weeks later...

103rd still has two AM trips on #134.8am and 826am from Sheridan/Briar. Both come off #26. Basically the last remnants of the 2-Hyde Park Express trips that went up to Belmont/Sheridan and made a 153 trip downtown going back to Motor Coach days!

Are the 143 and 151 trips also off the 26 as well?