More Bus Moves

sw4400

Seems that 77th is letting go some Former FG Nova's one of them (6845) is back at FG from what I heard.

Except that both the #36 and the #144 are NP-only routes. Also, some runs on the #152 are operated out of NP rather than FG.

Thus, it is likely that #6845-6847 at least have been transferred to NP, not FG.

Except that both the #36 and the #144 are NP-only routes. Also, some runs on the #152 are operated out of NP rather than FG.

Thus, it is likely that #6845-6847 at least have been transferred to NP, not FG.

Looks like NP is gaining Amber LED Nova's in general.... 6736 was on the 144 the other day not to mention the other Nova spotted on the #151. It had a 'P' Garage code according to whoever spotted it a few days ago in this thread.

NF #4058 must have transferred from 103rd to Kedzie again. I spotted it on #134 this morning on Bus Tracker.

103rd still does a trip or two on the 134 in the AM rush from what another poster who observes that route has reported, so that wouldn't be too out the ordinary to see that bus there. I can't remember I can't remember the exact number of trips he reported but I remember it was a small few.

Spotted 103rd's NF #4102 on #135 this afternoon. Garage code was "P".

Last Friday this bus was on the 6. Maybe this is the summer shift where NP needs more buses for the N Michigan Ave crowds, festivals, and the like. Since K also has North Lake Shore lakefront routes that use artics, the only place to get them from is 103rd. The question is when will those 30 something new artics get here and will they be used for regular routes, Jeffery BRT, or the rumored shuttle bus service for the rerouted for construction Red Line project next year?

Last Friday this bus was on the 6. Maybe this is the summer shift where NP needs more buses for the N Michigan Ave crowds, festivals, and the like. Since K also has North Lake Shore lakefront routes that use artics, the only place to get them from is 103rd. The question is when will those 30 something new artics get here and will they be used for regular routes, Jeffery BRT, or the rumored shuttle bus service for the rerouted for construction Red Line project next year?

Well, we already know that 53 of the artics already here are going to the Jeffery BRT... maybe a mix of regular routes plus finally sending some back to 77th which needs them... I'm wondering if 103rd is going to trade some of it's middle numbered artics for some of North Park's higher numbers judging by the artics that North Park took this time.

Any riders seen any indication of work being done on any of the buses, i.e. flat screen monitors being installed?

Not as of yet. 103rd's buses are still normal looking down here. In fact In still wondering if 103rd is even going to have middle ranged artics the way this trade just went.

This recent bus shuffling seems not unusual; I seem to remember the same thing happening last year. I don't know if any ground has been broken yet regarding construction on Jeffery for the BRT, but this bus shuffling could also be a sign that those new artics (that Durbin mentioned) could be arriving soon.

This recent bus shuffling seems not unusual; I seem to remember the same thing happening last year. I don't know if any ground has been broken yet regarding construction on Jeffery for the BRT, but this bus shuffling could also be a sign that those new artics (that Durbin mentioned) could be arriving soon.

I'd hope so. I'm still wondering which bus manufacturer CTA will recieve the new artics from.

I'd hope so. I'm still wondering which bus manufacturer CTA will recieve the new artics from.

A lot of this is in limbo, and, as I mentioned before, it hasn't been indicated whether CTA would put this out to bid or buy up someone else's options (or, as I implied earlier, suddenly contend that the noncontract for 140 buses is suddenly alive).

However, given that one can bet they aren't going NABI, that would seem to leave only New Flyer and Nova Bus that have both an articulated bus and an assembly plant in the U.S., unless Daimler is going to pursue its proposal to NYC to have Orion assemble Citraros (which apparently died when MTA selected Nova Bus). I'm sure that daimlerbuses has a contact to confirm that.

Cruising though the CTA ordinances, I did find one authorizing an intergovernmental agreement with CDOT for CDOT to construct the streets and sidewalk and bus shelter improvements, dated Nov. 9, 2011, so, again, I guess you ought to be on the lookout to see if any front end loaders or street stripe painters show up.

It is pretty unusual as far as the numbers being moved....usually when NP and K borrow artics from 103rd, they take from the ends of the block (the highest go to NP and the Lowest go to Kedzie), yet this time NP took 4102-4104 but strangely left 4105 and 4106 at 103rd leaving 103rd with 4058-4101 and 4105-06 instead of the usually continous block of numbers which is the odd thing I'm pointing out. The timing is sure usual. That's why I'm speculating if NP is trading higher numbers to 103rd for their middle numbered artics rolleyes.gif