More Bus Moves

sw4400

This may partially because 103rd might become the first garage to be assigned the new 8350's. Kedzie received all of 103rd's buses numbered 1216 and higher (1216, 1218, 1225, 1227 and 1233) and North Park's few 1920's except 1929.

I do not know what NP got in return.

12 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

This may partially because 103rd might become the first garage to be assigned the new 8350's. Kedzie received all of 103rd's buses numbered 1216 and higher (1216, 1218, 1225, 1227 and 1233) and North Park's few 1920's except 1929.

I thought NP got some artics from K.

Hopefully we will see some action soon regarding the 8350s.  I guess the next question is when will the 8450s commence deliveries?

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I thought NP got some artics from K.

Hopefully we will see some action soon regarding the 8350s.  I guess the next question is when will the 8450s commence deliveries?

Well the contract is for 100 buses a year so we could be looking at early 2023.

3 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Well the contract is for 100 buses a year so we could be looking at early 2023.

For the most part companies start building next year's models starting around August or September, so I think the deliveries will go straight through to 8549. Only delay is if the cta drags its feet on signing an option. Really deliveries need to jump to kedzie from 103rd, cause they have very little novas but we shall see. Putting them at 77th just puts too many new buses south. They could always send the 7900s to kedzie but in my opinion those buses need a rest so in the long run I'd put them with the new buses wherever they end up. They should balance the miles then. 

6 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

It could also be because weekday beach service on the beach service routes started today, out of which K has the 35 and may need more buses for the summer as a result. That has tended to be the pattern with garages that had a route doing daily beach service in prior years of the service. 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, Tcmetro said:

When the board approved the options for 100 buses, it was said that production will start in September - so they could be in service before the end of the year.

I am wondering if CTA IS being deliberate in placing new equipment in service?  Considering the NABi debacle along with the 5000 series railcar setback during the initial delivery process, it would make sense that CTA would make every effort to make sure once these vehicles go in service that there are no flare ups or surprises