More Bus Moves

sw4400

Yeah all of these moves are related to 74th being short handed at the current moment. I thought that 74th and 77th would be making swaps but I guess it's due to a shortage on equipment I still don't get why Chicago is helping out along with 103rd. I did take a tour yesterday morning around SS and lord behold a lot of #8000s are here. 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah all of these moves are related to 74th being short handed at the current moment. I thought that 74th and 77th would be making swaps but I guess it's due to a shortage on equipment I still don't get why Chicago is helping out along with 103rd. I did take a tour yesterday morning around SS and lord behold a lot of #8000s are here. 

Yea I seen those there them novas are soft as hell

On 2/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, YoungBusLover said:

That explains my seeing 2011 on the 49 Tuesday night. And your seeing a lot of 8000s in SS might be why I've been seeing so many NFs on the X9 the past couple of weeks. Usually it would only be a smidgeon on that route similar to the local route. But lately it's been seeming like a majority of the X9 runs were run with NFs.

Well the only artic buses on the road this morning during the rush were from 103rd, and those were one or two each on the 15, 28, 29 and the 103 instead of that garage's express runs. The slushy and icy road conditions have rest of the artics parked at their respective garages. More artics though appear to be rolling out now that the am rush is winding down. However, some of them aren't on the usual routes that see artics, and they're mainly on local routes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chammon Moore said:

Forest glen received 8203-8211 from Chicago 

Hmm could the Proterra #609s being going in service? Or is it just surplus from #600-#608? One thing with less buses Chicago is gonna have to run the Proterras. Sounds like 74th may give fg the #8213's when they get the Proterras. I always thought fg will end up with all nfs, but maybe not. Probably Kedzie could have used the 8200s  more. Eventually it will get the 8350s but that may be a year or two from now. Probably these at SS are headed to 103rd. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

1897 31: 31st 31 -702 7 (77th)

1950 4: Cottage Grove 4 -718 7 (77th)

2004 87: 87th 87 -712 7 (77th)

Got some loans today.

Back in the day when CTA had roller curtains,  the signage on a loaned bus would read one of these:

East Terminal 

West Terminal 

North Terminal 

South Terminal. 

Sometimes you would see a Cta Spirit of Chicago sign. 

It was  interesting to see loaner buses on 79th St, especially a 9000 series or 3700 series bus.  The 4000 series MAN Anericanas changed everything since the electronic signs were programmed with every CTA route.  Unless someone is a transit geek luke us, most passengers would never know (or care) that the bus they are riding was a loaner from another garage.  Even Back in the day,  most people would assume that the signs were broken  rather than thinking about a loaner bus.

47 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Back in the day when CTA had roller curtains,  the signage on a loaned bus would read one of these:

East Terminal 

West Terminal 

North Terminal 

South Terminal. 

Sometimes you would see a Cta Spirit of Chicago sign. 

It was  interesting to see loaner buses on 79th St, especially a 9000 series or 3700 series bus.  The 4000 series MAN Anericanas changed everything since the electronic signs were programmed with every CTA route.  Unless someone is a transit geek luke us, most passengers would never know (or care) that the bus they are riding was a loaner from another garage.  Even Back in the day,  most people would assume that the signs were broken  rather than thinking about a loaner bus.

Sometimes they would run like this for quite awhile. Most garages had their own roll signs so when they switched that's all they could display. I remember the 9900s going to 77th like this but there were many cases of this. Why would a 9200 limits bus have Forest Glen signage?