More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 4/24/2022 at 11:00 AM, BusHunter said:

Hmm could the Proterra #609s being going in service? Or is it just surplus from #600-#608? One thing with less buses Chicago is gonna have to run the Proterras. Sounds like 74th may give fg the #8213's when they get the Proterras. I always thought fg will end up with all nfs, but maybe not. Probably Kedzie could have used the 8200s  more. Eventually it will get the 8350s but that may be a year or two from now. Probably these at SS are headed to 103rd. 

This morning 5 Proterras were out on the #66. That's a new record. I only saw 3 before at max. (600, 604, 606, 607,608)

57 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

This morning 5 Proterras were out on the #66. That's a new record. I only saw 3 before at max. (600, 604, 606, 607,608)

Wow, as of now we are back down to normal record tho lol. They are still learning so I guess this will take a while to get a heavier amount on the street possibly I can say this summer we can see?

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Sometimes they would run like this for quite awhile. Most garages had their own roll signs so when they switched that's all they could display. I remember the 9900s going to 77th like this but there were many cases of this. Why would a 9200 limits bus have Forest Glen signage?

It's funny but I don't recall riding on a loaner from another garage except on 77th routes throughout my childhood.  Nowadays with all of the bus swapping and the lack of variety of the fleet, it doesn't matter anymore.

It was noticeable when a 2600 series or 3200 series train ran on the Green Line.   You could tell the difference between a 3500 series Flxble and a 3700 series Flxble and a 3000 series Flx.  There used to br differences in the 1000 series New Flyer buses.  1304 and up had different seats than 2303 and under.  1630 through 1928 used to have the blue tint interior lights.  1929 through 2029 had the bowling alley seat srrangement as well as  a different engine and transmission.  

Now you may be able to tell if a bus is a loaner by looking at the garage sticker.  I remember one bus had one garage sticker at the base center of the windshield and a different garage sticker on the right windshield above the run box.

Yes each garage had its own set of roller curtains, but 77th,52nd had 151 Sheridan signs just like Limits and North Park.  I couldn't tell you if Archer, North Ave, or Forest Glen had 151 signage though.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yes each garage had its own set of roller curtains, but 77th,52nd had 151 Sheridan signs just like Limits and North Park.  I couldn't tell you if Archer, North Ave, or Forest Glen had 151 signage though.

Most of the signs had readings for:

• emergencies
  • weird blocks (like a 52nd bus going up to Irving Park),
  • projected garage moves (like 38 and 43 readings on a 69th garage roll)
  • proposed routes (like 83 83rd St)
  • redundant routes (like 146 Sheridan Express/146 Marine-Michigan; express routes with and without numbers)
  • Union/NW Station routes

As @BusHunter noted, unless there was some swap, a 9200 was a Limits bus, but maybe it had a reading for Addison or Irving Park. At the time, I was only interested in South Side routes (52nd, 69th, and 77th).

36 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Most of the signs had readings for:

• emergencies
  • weird blocks (like a 52nd bus going up to Irving Park),
  • projected garage moves (like 38 and 43 readings on a 69th garage roll)
  • proposed routes (like 83 83rd St)
  • redundant routes (like 146 Sheridan Express/146 Marine-Michigan; express routes with and without numbers)
  • Union/NW Station routes

As @BusHunter noted, unless there was some swap, a 9200 was a Limits bus, but maybe it had a reading for Addison or Irving Park. At the time, I was only interested in South Side routes (52nd, 69th, and 77th).

I think McCormick Place and Soldier Field had signs, but not Wrigley or Comiskey or Chicago Stadium. 

34 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

We're short in general. A lot of our buses just seem to be defective at the moment. Whether it be bad farebox's, suspensions, tires, engine defects. You name it we got it in some capacity. 

that possibly explains why 1927 and 1934 are at C at the moment while C’s buses are serving 77th routes

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8157 and 8190 came to forest glen from Chicago.

Forest Glen is short 6 buses. I just adjusted the roster. I counted the #6400s on the roster but if they are really gone. Fg is short the 6 buses. They are at 241. They lost the #1900's and possibly the #6400's, but have gained a few #8100's but they are still short

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Forest Glen is short 6 buses. I just adjusted the roster. I counted the #6400s on the roster but if they are really gone. Fg is short the 6 buses. They are at 241. They lost the #1900's and possibly the #6400's, but have gained a few #8100's but they are still short

FG lost 6838, 6846, 6847, 6871, 6875, 1927, 1929, 1934-1937 we gained 8202-8211 and 8212 now 8157 and 8190