More Bus Moves

sw4400

23 hours ago, Policeman said:

8001 74th to Chicago, on the 54

20 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8004 is there as well.

19 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Well I guess a bus swap is going on 

I wonder what 74th got in return in that case if a swap is indeed happening, because it's weird that 74th would have buses out at other garages while under a bus shortage as evidence was pointing to just a few days ago.

51 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I wonder what 74th got in return in that case if a swap is indeed happening, because it's weird that 74th would have buses out at other garages while under a bus shortage as evidence was pointing to just a few days ago.

It's weird to see but my only guess is this a ans it's a wild one at that. 74th may have received some #600s along with getting a few returns from SS. If any garage is short buses right now it's 103rd whether it #1000s #4000s and #4300s. 

51 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Those #1500s we got from FG have been the least active. They have had nothing but issues since getting moved.

I can imagine FG staff feeling some kinda way. They work hard to keep their buses in a great state of repair only to see them get swapped for buses in less than pristine condition .  If FG hasvto do a bunch of repairs on buses from 77th,  then let 77th do some work also.

When I worked for a charter company,  there was a sister company in Florida that did cross country tours.  Some kind of way, their buses had issues when they came to Chicago.  The first time,  we gave them a brand new Prevost H3 45, which I protested because I knew this was going to be a pattern.   We repaired their raggedy  vanHool,  but we couldn't use their bus .  I personally wouldn't have sent that bus anywhere , but that Florida company did. About two weeks later, the same company sent a another bus cross country  in worse condition.  Thus time I saw to it that they got a 2 to 3 year old MCI 102DL3.  It was still a newer coach, but not brand new and not a Prevost.   About 2 weeks passed and I called the Florida company about our bus, seeing that we still had their raggedy bus that we couldn't use.  Our bus supposedly broke down in Phoenix and they had to get a Phoenix bus to finish the tour.  At that point I told them it was their responsibility to get my bys back to Chicago and don't expect to get another bus from me .  They never did get another bus.  The point of that story is to illustrate how companies feel about taking on raggedy equipment while giving up good equipment  . Obviously FG can't tell CTA that they won't swap with 77th, but if I know a swap with them is coming,  I'm not trying to do repairs on vyses that are going to them. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Obviously FG can't tell CTA that they won't swap with 77th, but if I know a swap with them is coming,  I'm not trying to do repairs on vyses that are going to them. 

FG knew it was getting 8350s, so why mess with anything, especially comparatively temporary NFs?

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

FG knew it was getting 8350s, so why mess with anything, especially comparatively temporary NFs?

Exactly.  @YoungBusLovermentioned how the buses 77th received recently from FG have had issues.   I was only pointing out that when FG ( or any garage) has received buses from 77th, they always have issues .

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Exactly.  @YoungBusLovermentioned how the buses 77th received recently from FG have had issues.   I was only pointing out that when FG ( or any garage) has received buses from 77th, they always have issues .

I get where you're coming from but SS is right next door to 77th and if the buses from FG were in such a bad state why weren't they sent earlier for major repair then? The usual suspects so far have been #1558,#1560-61 #1586-89. Heck I had #1561 last week and had a constant check engine light, #1574 had a similar issue but what was more perplexing was how the transmission didn't pull very well on take off. The bus nearly stalled out a few times on me. 

29 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I get where you're coming from but SS is right next door to 77th and if the buses from FG were in such a bad state why weren't they sent earlier for major repair then? The usual suspects so far have been #1558,#1560-61 #1586-89. Heck I had #1561 last week and had a constant check engine light, #1574 had a similar issue but what was more perplexing was how the transmission didn't pull very well on take off. The bus nearly stalled out a few times on me. 

Dam do anybody know exactly what's wrong with them beyond the check engine 

15 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

to top it off #1574 was at SS recently for like a month or 2 i think and they didn’t fix anything the only good bus from that range is #1559 idk if you driven it yet