2600-series - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

23 hours ago, Busjack said:

If one accepts the logic that the Blue Line will be the last to get 7000s, and thus is getting 3200s, that's not a relevant consideration. The 100 rehabs will probably stay on the Blue Line and already have Blue Line roll signs.

The issue is the maybe 160 cars that do not have Orange/Brown signs.

Aren't  there some 250 plus roll signs that used to be on the 3200s around?  I bet those have Orange and Brown Line signs!

28 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Aren't  there some 250 plus roll signs that used to be on the 3200s around?  I bet those have Orange and Brown Line signs!

Either that, or some 900 roll signs from Red between when they were ordered for Ashland-63 trips when the Dan Ryan was closed until they became unnecessary when the Red Line became all 5000s. But I agree with you re signs from 3200s before rehab.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Manny018 said:

is it just me or are the 2600s much louder when it’s warmer outside than when it’s cold. They  make a really loud noise in the summer, is that just the air conditioning running that’s making them louder?

Yes it is the air conditioner.   The noise you hear is the condenser motor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

It said at Jefferson park “this is a blue line train to downtown and 54th and Cermak” and I asked the operator I was like since when to 54th he was like sign messed up 

That's crazy..... I'm ironically closer to 54th/Cermak and I never get to hear that announcement even on a rare occasion like that lol

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Did it play announcements to 54th/Cermak?  That's impossible cause it has a FOREST PARK run number.  It looks like it's either #216 or #218

Lol that sign all messed up I seen that some be having 95th midway & 54 & you know it's really messes up like how the orange like got stickers slapped on there that says loop/midway

6 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Does changing the destination sign setting automatically adjust the marker lights?

Marker lights and destination signs are set together on the same panel. Not sure why the 54th/Cermak announcements were playing though, as that is a separate device.

On a charter years back we had the signs set to O’Hare on the 2200s while at Kimball for a bathroom stop. As a joke one of the operators was messing around with the announcement system and despite the O’Hare signs everyone soon heard “58th is next.”, followed by “Your attention please. We are standing momentarily because of a raised bridge ahead. We expect to be moving shortly.” Everyone got a kick out of that. xD

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2019 at 12:52 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Marker lights and destination signs are set together on the same panel. Not sure why the 54th/Cermak announcements were playing though, as that is a separate device.

On a charter years back we had the signs set to O’Hare on the 2200s while at Kimball for a bathroom stop. As a joke one of the operators was messing around with the announcement system and despite the O’Hare signs everyone soon heard “58th is next.”, followed by “Your attention please. We are standing momentarily because of a raised bridge ahead. We expect to be moving shortly.” Everyone got a kick out of that. xD

Several years ago on a Red Line train at Grand the doors closed, the train started up, the train stopped, and a "sick passenger" announcement was made. Then I saw smoke in the station coming from the train. the guy standing next to me looked at me, said "F*** it," pulled the cherry, and we got off the train and ran up the stairs. As I was walking down State Street the fire engines were on their way. 

This is the first case of spontaneous human combustion I ever heard of. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

This is a red line train to downtown and 95th welcome aboard red line run 915 Jarvis is next in the direction of travel doors open on the left at Jarvis

this was taken at ohare 

64A4A581-6EE8-4FC1-95CB-50C3B0E71869.jpeg

After Clark and Lake,  "Monroe (and State) is next."  Train goes through Block 37 portal to State Street subway and continues route.  That is  Bled (or blured) train. Lol!