Your New Blue - O'Hare Branch Rehab

BusHunter

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Funny, I was there around the same time. What are the signs for it being under construction, because it looks like it always has for me (although its been 3 years since I last stepped foot in Logan Square)

Idk I saw those lights the day before by the turnstiles and then yesterday the whole station 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

logan square rehab progress painting the walls and then move onto the platform

left=current yellow paint right=new paint

4ECE6625-8730-4CBA-8E46-6157403BEB08.png

They're not painting the walls, they're power washing them.  CTA can't paint the brick walls as that will make the station look ugly.  

To be more accurate, there's whiter lighting on the right side than on the left where the old light fixtures are still on.  That's why it looks like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

They're not painting the walls, they're power washing them.  CTA can't paint the brick walls as that will make the station look ugly.  

To be more accurate, there's whiter lighting on the right side than on the left where the old light fixtures are still on.  That's why it looks like that.

can’t wait till the station is done lowkey it’s going to look really good now the whole ohare branch got rehabbed stations (progress still on Grand chicago and division) 

On 1/3/2020 at 11:51 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

can’t wait till the station is done lowkey it’s going to look really good now the whole ohare branch got rehabbed stations (progress still on Grand chicago and division) 

Do the platforms at Grand - Chicago - Division look any different since they recently closed and reopened them for work? The last big improvement was when they put the extra lights along the track walls and scrubbed the stations around 2011-2012, but that was more for cleanliness and appearance. Though Division could always be given a good scrubbing!

52 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Do the platforms at Grand - Chicago - Division look any different since they recently closed and reopened them for work? The last big improvement was when they put the extra lights along the track walls and scrubbed the stations around 2011-2012, but that was more for cleanliness and appearance. Though Division could always be given a good scrubbing!

chicago is closed for the weekend division and grand look much better just waiting on putting up the new lighting and cleaning the walls and ceiling same goes for division and chicago 

• 9 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Since Chicago-l.org or no place else has pictures of the stations in the Milwaukee subways. I checked them out. Not bad looking good. The stations before were so bad now they shine. They rehabbed the old escalators. (Probably a mistake) as Chicago is out for maintenance again. Escalators are 60 years old.  They look like antiques. Heres some photos. I like the yellow stair risers at Grand. Chicago just uses the standard red ones that are original to the stairs. The station platform lights seem to be the same ones they are using at Logan square and belmont blue line stops. 

20201015_090627.jpg

20201015_092506.jpg

20201015_090657.jpg

20201015_092558.jpg

20201015_090900.jpg

20201015_090954.jpg

20201015_090952.jpg

20201015_092231.jpg

20201015_090917.jpg

20201015_092506.jpg

20201015_090804.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:06 AM, sht6131 said:

According to the current schedule Sam92 is correct.3 to 5 minutes in rush. In my opinion I think the issue is bus and rail operators not reporting to work as some operators have reported here. Lots of gaps as visualized on the tracker. Rte 82 schedules 14 buses for Saturday. Actually there were between 7 and 9 all day. Since this crazy virus that`s about standard throughout the system.

On 10/25/2020 at 12:56 AM, BusHunter said:

They wouldnt have no riders if it was 3 minutes. Forest pk had a hard time with 10 minute headways. Only the red line showed signs of vitality. The brown line was incredibly light. Plus these bus lines dont seem to run as frequent. I pick up alot of uber customers at the train station. 20 minutes for a bus? .  I can have them home by then. Buses are lighter in volume. The only place that it looks exactly the same is on the south side, but they have the heavy ridership. You cant cut down 79th!!

On 10/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, artthouwill said:

Not my experience.   It was more like 8 to 10 minutes at 5pm in the weekday rush.  Same thing with the Red and Brown Lines 

Bringing this to a more relevant topic either CTA is using the schedule to cover up potential complaints or it’s like another poster said in that drivers aren’t showing up. I’ve had a #4 driver end a 79th that was supposed to be a 115th trip because of lack relief I think 

20 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

There's probably no reason to run a full peak service on the Blue Line. I'd imagine downtown is still a ghost town, especially on streets like LaSalle and Wacker. 

We get that part what’s not adding up is why is a recent schedule posted advertising 3-4 min frequency on paper but on the road rolling at every 10. Is this a cover up or are that many runs not getting filled. At least the Lasalle schedule shows the reduction from every 2-3 min to every 20 ??

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

We get that part what’s not adding up is why is a recent schedule posted advertising 3-4 min frequency on paper but on the road rolling at every 10. Is this a cover up or are that many runs not getting filled. At least the Lasalle schedule shows the reduction from every 2-3 min to every 20 ??

runs are not being filled i remember when i used to work at ohare during rush it was every 10 mins but it said “every 3-4 mins”

• 10 months later...