Blue Line Reconstruction

renardo870

17 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Rare to see him out and about these days.

361925330_648894920605863_5694171879854113955_n.jpg

362268311_648894903939198_4249280153050137916_n.jpg

Dam he actually came out when he normally sit downtown & does nothing but I got the blue line shuttle today going right past my girl job at I told her if I see her in the building while she's on lunch I'm gonna blow ??

28 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

Does anyone know how the shuttles get back to Harrison from the Ogden entrance to IMD?

Ogden > Van Buren > Damen > Harrison OR

Ogden > Jackson > Paulina > Harrison

I believe it's Ogden > Jackson > Ashland > Harrison

6 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I believe it's Ogden > Jackson > Ashland > Harrison

I've seen some use Paulina while I've seen others use Damen. One thing that does kind of confuse me a bit is how frequently apart these local shuttles are suppose to be running. I saw two back to back from each other going WB during off peak. Are they running every 10 - 12 mins? Or is it just manually adjusted depending on the overall demand at the time?

26 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I've seen some use Paulina and while I've seen others use Damen. One thing that does kind of confuse me a bit is how frequently apart these local shuttles are suppose to be running. I saw two back to back from each other going WB during off peak. Are they running every 10 - 12 mins? Or is it just manually adjusted depending on the overall demand at the time?

Well. Paulina ends at Congress because of the hospital so I imagine that the only reason to run Paulina at all is to serve the Paulina entrance  possibly because of the hospital  ( Rush).  It would be a long walk to the Ogden entrance so maybe someone is standing there.  If a rider shows up at Paulina,  they radio the person at Ogden to send the next bus via Paulina to get that (those) rider(s).  Because that entrance is ADA compliant,  that entrance has to be served.  It could be a similar thing at Damen which is also an ADA   accessible entrance and facilitates transfers from the 50.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Well. Paulina ends at Congress because of the hospital so I imagine that the only reason to run Paulina at all is to serve the Paulina entrance  possibly because of the hospital  ( Rush).  It would be a long walk to the Ogden entrance so maybe someone is standing there.  If a rider shows up at Paulina,  they radio the person at Ogden to send the next bus via Paulina to get that (those) rider(s).  Because that entrance is ADA compliant,  that entrance has to be served.  It could be a similar thing at Damen which is also an ADA   accessible entrance and facilitates transfers from the 50.

I was scouting the routing on the west end today and was surprised to see Congress, Harrison and Damen get quite a bit of service. Buses would head WB on Harrison mainly terminate/layover at IMD, then some would layover on Congress EB. Then every once and a while a bus would leave IMD head NB on Ogden to Van Buren and turn WB to Damen to start an EB trip. Then the rest of the shuttles I saw would do the normal routing that everyone else has witnessed so far which is Ogden, Jackson, Ashland to Harrison. I wonder how things will progress during the start of the CPS school year in the next several weeks.

966425309_52921284661_f9fa4d98d1_5kcopy.png

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The way I ran it today I ran Ogden Jackson Ashland & Harrison 

17 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I was scouting the routing on the west end today and was surprised to see Congress, Harrison and Damen get quite a bit of service. Buses would head WB on Harrison mainly terminate/layover at IMD, then some would layover on Congress EB. Then every once and a while a bus would leave IMD head NB on Ogden to Van Buren and turn WB to Damen to start an EB trip. Then the rest of the shuttles I saw would do the normal routing that everyone else has witnessed so far which is Ogden, Jackson, Ashland to Harrison. I wonder how things will progress during the start of the CPS school year in the next several weeks.

966425309_52921284661_f9fa4d98d1_5kcopy.png

For those buses that are using the Ogden-Jackson-Ashland-Harrison routing, how are  passengers at Ashland getting picked up given the shuttle map shows that EB buses are supposed to make a passenger stop at Harrison/Ashland?

On 7/25/2023 at 4:52 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

C F P K 7 are the garages in the shuttles……..no 7000’s on the congress branch only O’hare to LaSalle

When I was downtown on Tuesday, I saw buses from all those except C and 7. K and P sent out only artics while F sent out primarily Novas. 

31 minutes ago, jajuan said:

When I was downtown on Tuesday, I saw buses from all those except C and 7. K and P sent out only artics while F sent out primarily Novas. 

#7941 was out there yesterday. From what I've observed 77th sends buses out for the PM rush as helpers. K,F,7 were out there yesterday when I was out there. I think whatever is available as far as manpower from the garages participating will get sent out.  

34 minutes ago, jajuan said:

For those buses that are using the Ogden-Jackson-Ashland-Harrison routing, how are  passengers at Ashland getting picked up given the shuttle map shows that EB buses are supposed to make a passenger stop at Harrison/Ashland?

I saw a few buses stopping a few hundred yards from the corner of Ashland/Harrison picking up passengers waiting there. A good portion though are at IMD and Damen from what I observed. Paulina is active but not that active.

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

The bus turns off Ashland onto Harrison that's the route I took the other day

29 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The bus turns off Ashland onto Harrison that's the route I took the other day

But my question was how are you guys picking up passengers coming from that way when shuttle map says you guys are supposed to be picking up passengers on Harrison at Ashland when going back east into downtown. I posed the question because the city now has those barrier posts starting to the east of Ashland separating the bike lane from the traffic lane, and therefore doesn't make it all that conducive for a bus to make a passenger stop on the far side of the intersection without blocking and slowing down traffic. But @YoungBusLover answered it. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

C has 8408 and 8418 out on shuttles 7 has some novas wit F the rest are flyers

To be honest, the main reason I was able to note those garages that I mentioned was because the bus I was waiting on at the time was running late. Everything in those run number boxes I glimpsed during my wait had K, P or F. ?

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

Tuesday i was ar  IMD and I saw C, F, and 7 in the  morning.   In the afternoon I saw C, 7, and F and I ride a North Park artic.  I saw at least 3 other artics.   The last stop was Dearborn and Jackson  and the bus used Plymouth Ct to go to Van Buren  to Dearborn and line up northbound on Dearborn  between Van Buren and Jackson.   I don't recall seeing any K buses unless 4040 is a K bus which would make it the only K bus I saw.  It was about to drop off on Ogden in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

But my question was how are you guys picking up passengers coming from that way when shuttle map says you guys are supposed to be picking up passengers on Harrison at Ashland when going back east into downtown. I posed the question because the city now has those barrier posts starting to the east of Ashland separating the bike lane from the traffic lane, and therefore doesn't make it all that conducive for a bus to make a passenger stop on the far side of the intersection without blocking and slowing down traffic. But @YoungBusLover answered it. Thanks.

They wait at the corner on the eastbound side of Harrison we turn pull over & pick them up oor drop them off or some drivers come down Harrison from Damen 

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#7941 was out there yesterday. From what I've observed 77th sends buses out for the PM rush as helpers. K,F,7 were out there yesterday when I was out there. I think whatever is available as far as manpower from the garages participating will get sent out.  

I saw a few buses stopping a few hundred yards from the corner of Ashland/Harrison picking up passengers waiting there. A good portion though are at IMD and Damen from what I observed. Paulina is active but not that active.

And what about 103rd and 74th? 

Interesting thing happened on the BL shuttle.   A lady on the bus with a walker asks the driver how close does he get to Union Station.   He says he passes right by it

To which she responds that she would like to get off there.   His response?  The shuttle doesn't stop at Union Station.   She then asks whats the closest stop?  He says Financial Place.

He did let her off at Union Station  at Jackson and Canal.  But I found it ludicrous that the BL wouldn't have a stop at Union Station as it is close to the Clinton Bluev Line station.  

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Interesting thing happened on the BL shuttle.   A lady on the bus with a walker asks the driver how close does he get to Union Station.   He says he passes right by it

To which she responds that she would like to get off there.   His response?  The shuttle doesn't stop at Union Station.   She then asks whats the closest stop?  He says Financial Place.

He did let her off at Union Station  at Jackson and Canal.  But I found it ludicrous that the BL wouldn't have a stop at Union Station as it is close to the Clinton Bluev Line station.  

From the map, Financial Place is the only regular stop. NB, the stop is on Jefferson. Looks like 7 is the alternative, but one would have to walk to Polk.

image.thumb.png.c656c83b8d2a801f40213d0504bd89ef.png