Random Pace

Busjack

16 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The Axess I was on had some new seat inserts that are a different color. They are blue/black instead of the original brighter blue. I don’t know if they plan to change all seats to this color, but I hope they do because the original seats are too prone to looking dirty.

E65FF2F3-0D3E-4451-8DA5-06D9B51EA75F.thumb.jpeg.bc1b18e4658bf30b4ae9d5ae10288959.jpeg

I know that bus anywhere. its 6523 my least favorite bus since they have plastic seats in the front. They had these seats ever since they were delivered. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

The 352 is pretty close to a straight line routes.  I wonder if Pace would have to adjust the loading area at Harvey's Transit Center, but I think artics on that route is a great idea.  Since they don't need a bunch, maybe they could piggyback on another agency's order.  Since CTA has a wealth of artics, Pace could purchase or lease some of the 4300s. But more than likely they'll need to piggyback on an order for CNG artics.  I didn't think Pace has any other artic worthy route.

Sorry, I meant to post this here, I guess I wasn't paying attention. I hadn't thought about piggybacking off an order or leasing, both of which definitely make the most sense to me since they would need like 5-6. I hadn't thought about the bus bays at Harvey, however. I think the solution would have to be moving the route to the southernmost bay on the NB side and the northernmost bay on the SB side. Or maybe that bulb-out on Main St. I also agree in that there are no other artics routes. For all the ridership the 352 does have, I have to remember that it's basically equivalent to the 35 or 49B on the CTA side, whom no one is suggesting artics for at all lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Today I was recording bus 20485 on the 307 and then I got on the bus and then that driver tried to call the cops on me which I didn’t want. I wasn’t recording her but I was recording the bus. Once I got on, this lady said “You know it’s illegal to record the buses right? So I got to call the police on you.” I didn’t like her saying that to me. She also applies the station brake thinking she was going to call the cops. Then about 30 seconds later, she releases the station brake and continues without harassing me again.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, andrethebusman said:

Paranoia strikes again. What was she trying to hide, I wonder? The more "private" a person is, the more likely they are to be doing something they should not be 

I think she wanted to hide her body or something but I was trying to record the bus and not her since I'm a busfanner

Paranoia strikes again. What was she trying to hide, I wonder? The more "private" a person is, the more likely they are to be doing something they should not be 

I don’t see why you’d leap to that conclusion. “If you see something, say something” is a common maxim in transportation security. Photography is often listed as a suspicious activity, and many people genuinely believe it is illegal to take pictures of vehicles even though that is not true. The bus driver could easily have been doing as she was instructed, and the story doesn’t contain any evidence that she was trying to cover up wrongdoing.

If you are referring to the driver, it could be any number of reasons why she wouldn't want to be recorded.  We don't know her personal life.  She could have a stalker,  an abusive relationship.  She could be just doing her job.  I've stated before that Greyhound doesn't permit videotaping of its buses without their prior approval    That us hard to enforce when someone isn't in their property,  but obviously once one is in property,  it's a different story    Theresa residual safety concerns from September 11th,  2001, and our transut agencies encourage people to report suspicious activity to CTA, Pace, or Metra personnel   

31 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

If you are referring to the driver, it could be any number of reasons why she wouldn't want to be recorded.  We don't know her personal life.  She could have a stalker,  an abusive relationship.  She could be just doing her job.  I've stated before that Greyhound doesn't permit videotaping of its buses without their prior approval    That us hard to enforce when someone isn't in their property,  but obviously once one is in property,  it's a different story    Theresa residual safety concerns from September 11th,  2001, and our transut agencies encourage people to report suspicious activity to XRA, Pace, or Metra personnel   

I have to ask, what's the XRA? Google just gives me "xray" lol

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If you are referring to the driver, it could be any number of reasons why she wouldn't want to be recorded.  We don't know her personal life.  She could have a stalker,  an abusive relationship.  She could be just doing her job.  I've stated before that Greyhound doesn't permit videotaping of its buses without their prior approval    That us hard to enforce when someone isn't in their property,  but obviously once one is in property,  it's a different story    Theresa residual safety concerns from September 11th,  2001, and our transut agencies encourage people to report suspicious activity to CTA, Pace, or Metra personnel   

Some managers like to harp on the bad habits you pick up behind the wheel. When your recording someone your seeing there every move. Some things I do are not by the book, managers are cool by me so it's not a big deal, they check us out every year to see how we are doing. Somethings are for the safety of the bus and its riders and you can see how going against the rules can get you in an accident. Bottom line you just want to be safe and not have an accident because those will take you out of the game. 

I once had a np operator on Devon talk to me about they were really strict on fare evasion and this operator said he was wrote up because someone got on the bus and didnt pay at a terminal. The bus driver was off the bus for a few seconds but the camera caught it. So maybe this explains why everyone is on guard.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Some managers like to harp on the bad habits you pick up behind the wheel. When your recording someone your seeing there every move. Some things I do are not by the book, managers are cool by me so it's not a big deal, they check us out every year to see how we are doing. Somethings are for the safety of the bus and its riders and you can see how going against the rules can get you in an accident. Bottom line you just want to be safe and not have an accident because those will take you out of the game. 

I once had a np operator on Devon talk to me about they were really strict on fare evasion and this operator said he was wrote up because someone got on the bus and didnt pay at a terminal. The bus driver was off the bus for a few seconds but the camera caught it. So maybe this explains why everyone is on guard.

The buses do have cameras, but those are internal.  I get what you are saying,  but generally something had to happen to trigger footage reviewing.  Sometimes that is triggered when a vehicle makes unnatural actions such as hard braking, swerving vehicle contact with an object or vehicle .  

Someone with a phone is doing an external recording which could be used for anything.  As citizens,  there is  some expectation to a right in privacy    

• 2 weeks later...