7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

7 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I know they don't I was just wondering if they would do them how they did the 10's when they started their rehab the 19' & 20's was only like 4-5 years old when they started 

Most if not all the #1000's were delivered in multiple batches between 2006 and 2009 so some were already 7 years old by the time they were rehabbed while others were just about 5 yearsold, Since the #1000's are the workhorse of the fleet they were much more likely to receive a rehab when the #7900's entered service. The #7900's were almost merely a replacement order for the #6400's. I don't think the #7900's will receive a rehab  in there service life unless CTA can come up with the funds for it years down the road. If not the closet thing of a rehab they'll get is probably something along the lines of what the #4000's got. 

53 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Most if not all the #1000's were delivered in multiple batches between 2006 and 2009 so some were already 7 years old by the time they were rehabbed while others were just about 5 yearsold, Since the #1000's are the workhorse of the fleet they were much more likely to receive a rehab when the #7900's entered service. The #7900's were almost merely a replacement order for the #6400's. I don't think the #7900's will receive a rehab  in there service life unless CTA can come up with the funds for it years down the road. If not the closet thing of a rehab they'll get is probably something along the lines of what the #4000's got. 

The 40's got a gut rehab also didn't they & they will have it CTA not bro like the city not broke even tho they claim they is but got speed cameras & red light cameras js Iol but fr they got it while they gone be ordering new buses soon to replace the 10's when they do start knocking em off next 

3 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

The 40's got a gut rehab also didn't they & they will have it CTA not bro like the city not broke even tho they claim they is but got speed cameras & red light cameras js Iol but fr they got it while they gone be ordering new buses soon to replace the 10's when they do start knocking em off next 

You have a lot of history to catch up on if you think the CTA and the City have money. The city is nearly a billion dollars in debt right now and the CTA had fare hikes not to long ago. The CTA is state government funded and has no correlation to the City budget at all. The red light camera deal was an inside job of corrupt politicians giving bribes and cut backs among other things I can't remember from it but the city had to find ways to make money somehow and that deal happened during the Daley administration which was nearly a decade ago. CTA has no future plans for purchasing any new buses other than the last 45 electric proterra's it ordered. Most of the #1000's will be around until 2024 at the earliest before some of the #1000-#1300 blocks start getting retired.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Dam I seen it eairler as it was racing down Ashland that sexy female driver had to be late af 

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Ayyyyyy???how you gon call another female sexy when you got a wife???????

Keep your little kid gossip and disloyalties to yourself.  This is a transit forum.  We don't need to know if the driver was attractive or not or your relationship problems.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys no disrespect but can we stay on the subject or topic at hand. It's like lately when I click on a topic and read the comments it has nothing to do with anything. I was ginuely hoping somebody saw a Nova on a new route but yall talking about female operators being fine and calling people out on being married and flirting?? This not Facebook lol let's keep it according to the title of this form again ????.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Guys no disrespect but can we stay on the subject or topic at hand. It's like lately when I click on a topic and read the comments it has nothing to do with anything. I was ginuely hoping somebody saw a Nova on a new route but yall talking about female operators being fine and calling people out on being married and flirting?? This not Facebook lol let's keep it according to the title of this form again ????.

Thank you!!!!

59 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Glad somebody said something before I did because that has been going on for a while now in a few forum threads. 

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

You right that was my mistake bro I brought that up when I said I also seen 8221

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Glad somebody said something before I did because that has been going on for a while now in a few forum threads. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

You have a lot of history to catch up on if you think the CTA and the City have money. The city is nearly a billion dollars in debt right now and the CTA had fare hikes not to long ago. The CTA is state government funded and has no correlation to the City budget at all. The red light camera deal was an inside job of corrupt politicians giving bribes and cut backs among other things I can't remember from it but the city had to find ways to make money somehow and that deal happened during the Daley administration which was nearly a decade ago. CTA has no future plans for purchasing any new buses other than the last 45 electric proterra's it ordered. Most of the #1000's will be around until 2024 at the earliest before some of the #1000-#1300 blocks start getting retired.  

Yea that's what I was thinking round 2024-25 but it's just me just want extra money to steal but let's now get into that just stick to the topic