7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

great pics once again Garmon757. If only they could've started out as the 8000 series instead of 79 lol.

Thanks man. I've been stressing about that every since Mel and southshop7 explicitly gave us the news about them. I can understand if it was only 100 of them like the NF 4300s but like I said last year, having them start at 7900 is extremely tacky to me. I bet there's some drivers, supervisors, and maintenance scratching their heads and saying some expletive words about it! :lol:

Yes nice shots. The bad side of being delivered in winter of course is being dirty from the grime and salt on the roadways after recent snowfalls and thus not having that new bus look on the outside. :lol:

Thanks. I mean hell, they do have a f'ing bus wash or just go to Delta Sonic Car Wash!!! :lol: :p

Thanks man. I've been stressing about that every since Mel and southshop7 explicitly gave us the news about them. I can understand if it was only 100 of them like the NF 4300s but like I said last year, having them start at 7900 is extremely tacky to me. I bet there's some drivers, supervisors, and maintenance scratching their heads and saying some expletive words about it! :lol:

Yeah that is a head scratcher indeed with starting off at 7900 when the first digit of the series ends up changing after only 100 buses. It's not like the NF 1000s which is a total order of 1030 buses and therefore no way numerically possible to avoid the first digit in the fleet number eventually changing. :lol:

Yeah that is a head scratcher indeed with starting off at 7900 when the first digit of the series ends up changing after only 100 buses. It's not like the NF 1000s which is a total order of 1030 buses and therefore no way numerically possible to avoid the first digit in the fleet number eventually changing. :lol:

Unless some fool wanted the NF's to start at #970! :lol:

Unless some fool wanted the NF's to start at #970! :lol:

I had proposed that on this forum, so watch it. :blink::P

As I had also said, someone must have figured that the 7000 series of rail cars wasn't going beyond 7846.

Be glad that it isn't Pace in this regard.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps there was confusion somewhere with the 1000 series GMCs as opposed to the 1000 series New Flyers. To eliminate further confusions, this series starts at 7900 to differentiate from the old 8000s. To wit we have:

7000s - MAN

7100s = MAN

7300s - MAN

7400s = GMC

7500s - NABI

7900S- Nova LFS

Perhaps there was confusion somewhere with the 1000 series GMCs as opposed to the 1000 series New Flyers. To eliminate further confusions, this series starts at 7900 to differentiate from the old 8000s. To wit we have:

7000s - MAN

7100s = MAN

7300s - MAN

7400s = GMC

7500s - NABI

7900S- Nova LFS

I don't think that much thought went into it. CTA has been recycling numbers since way back. If you want to get technical

• NABI 7800 Coimpobus
  • Twin Coach 8000s.
  • Mack 7000s.
  • Overlapping the last 7400s (to 7944). The Seattle and NABI artics indicate that CTA wasn't bothered overlapping the 7400 series. And, in that case, there really wasn't an explanation for starting with 7400, and then backfilling the 7000s with MAN artics. In fact, at one time there were 2 7412s, but WB was added to the number of the New Look.

I had proposed that on this forum, so watch it. :blink::P

As I had also said, someone must have figured that the 7000 series of rail cars wasn't going beyond 7846.

Be glad that it isn't Pace in this regard.

Oh boy, Pace is the last thing I should be worry about but it's fair enough to say that their fleet number is ridiculous.

Well here is #7999, slightly blurry but you can see it.

post-304-0-38459400-1422077154_thumb.png post-304-0-11076700-1422077163_thumb.png

BTW, ever since the #2400's farewell I've been looking at digital cameras. I was kind of impressed with Zol87's Canon Powershot model. I'm looking at one with image stabilization 18x megapixel and has an image processor to help in low light shots. It sounds like what I'm after. So soon I might be stepping up my game.

• Upvote 2

Well, it looks like there won't be any Nova LFS or Bombardiers delivered anytime soon with this coming up in the next few hours in the Northeast....

Issued by The National Weather Service

New York City, NY

Mon, Jan 26, 3:28 pm EST

... BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TUESDAY NIGHT...

HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW... WITH BLIZZARD CONDITIONS.

• * ACCUMULATIONS... 20 TO 30 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS... ESPECIALLY ACROSS LONG ISLAND AND CONNECTICUT.
  • * SNOWFALL RATES... 2 TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR LATE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING.
  • * WINDS... NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 70 MPH POSSIBLE ACROSS EXTREME EASTERN LONG ISLAND.
  • * VISIBILITIES... ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.

Even if Plattsburgh isn't directly in this storms' path, the route to get to Chicago no doubt is for both manufacturers.