7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Special Message From The Picture Chairman

"To the individual who gets an image of #8324 doing it's 1st assignment, you will be given the coveted and newly-created Nova Bus Photo Championship. There's no doubt that @BusHunter and @garmon757 have done the majority of the photographing of these buses as they've been delivered, starting with #7900 nearly two years ago. They've been our heavy hitters, and each deserve recognition for their outstanding dedication to their hard work and efforts. That being said, a special championship ring has been crafted for the two of you, in recognition of your efforts. Despite how many times I've yelled at, fired and reinstated you(and probably will in the future), you have been an amazing duo, getting all the pictures that we have been able to view and enjoy here. To everyone else who has contributed pictures on here, I commend you for your hard work as well. I look forward to the next order of new equipment, and we'll see at that time who is the new Photo Champion of that series. But the question remains..... who will capture #8324 doing it's 1st assignment first? Who will be the Nova Bus Photo Champion??? Thank you very much!!!"

Vince McMahon Blank 2.jpg

Nova Bus Championship Ring-BusHunter.jpg

Nova Bus Championship Ring-Garmon757.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Nova Bus Photo Championship.

Apparently as useful as the Universal Championship, which somehow got billed over the WWE Championship. Also, are there RAW and SmackDown versions of the championship?

I can capture #8324 now. Just give me a few hours!!xD

Btw, fg has went gangbusters again with the deliveries, two hours  ago #8298 was in service now #8289 and #8301 is in service. All buses up to #8301 are now in service. Only 23 left or 22. 

Havent seen too many 6400's they are finally disappearing .

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Btw, fg has went gangbusters again with the deliveries, two hours  ago #8298 was in service now #8289 and #8301 is in service. All buses up to #8301 are now in service. Only 23 left or 22. 

"You capture #8324 in service before anyone else, and the title is yours, pally!!! The first chitransit member who gets a picture of #8324 in service first will be the Nova Bus Champion! Due to personal reasons, @sw4400 is unable to participate in this contest.... even if he is able to get the picture, it will not count.... just for the record."

19 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Due to personal reasons, @sw4400 is unable to participate in this contest.... even if he is able to get the picture, it will not count.

What if Steph or Shane do? Should disqualify all employees, family, affiliated companies, sponsors, and MMA participants.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

8306 was in service on 77 this AM. 

4 hours ago, sw4400 said:

"You capture #8324 in service before anyone else, and the title is yours, pally!!! The first chitransit member who gets a picture of #8324 in service first will be the Nova Bus Champion! Due to personal reasons, @sw4400 is unable to participate in this contest.... even if he is able to get the picture, it will not count.... just for the record."

Its not what you think sw, but you never know, they say wrestling is fake. Maybe McMahon will approve.

2 hours ago, Johnny 5 said:

YAY! Forest Glen will finally have a refreshed fleet when the older buses starts retiring very soon. xD

Don't celebrate so quickly there young soldier. While there was a noticeable increase in the number of new Novas on FG routes today, there still was a sizable number of old Novas still out there. Plus it's already been discussed and mentioned several times over that the last of the old Novas won't be gone any time soon even with the finished delivery of the last approximately 20 new Novas left to go. At least a 27 are going to survive into 2018 to justify CTA getting the grant to help pay for the 27 electric buses they're going to be getting about then.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Its not what you think sw, but you never know, they say wrestling is fake. Maybe McMahon will approve.

Hmm look what I came across.... Mr McMahon!! Now where's my gold ring and cash prize??!!

cta 8324 testing on the 53.PNG

(This is a dramatization, events have been changed to protect the innocent, me!!)

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm look what I came across.... Mr McMahon!! Now where's my gold ring and cash prize??!!

(This is a dramatization, events have been changed to protect the innocent, me!!)

Nice try BH. But if one looks very closely, it can be seen that you doctored the 8124 on the top rear of the bus to 8324. Only the 24 is real from the looks of it. Good counterfeit though.xD

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Don't celebrate so quickly there young soldier. While there was a noticeable increase in the number of new Novas on FG routes today, there still was a sizable number of old Novas still out there. Plus it's already been discussed and mentioned several times over that the last of the old Novas won't be gone any time soon even with the finished delivery of the last approximately 20 new Novas left to go. At least a 27 are going to survive into 2018 to justify CTA getting the grant to help pay for the 27 electric buses they're going to be getting about then.

"But we aren't going to get any new buses"--4 months ago.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

"But we aren't going to get any new buses"--4 months ago.

Yeah I do seem to remember that being said by some no matter how many times I and others said that particular assumption might not pan out and even when the two 8190s, I believe 8197 and 8198, were loaned as training buses before their ultimate final delivery to Chicago Garage.

18 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Nice try BH. But if one looks very closely, it can be seen that you doctored the 8124 on the top rear of the bus to 8324. Only the 24 is real from the looks of it. Good counterfeit though.xD

Well Sw did say in service; he didn't say as a dramatization. xD

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

"You want to trade sophomoric barbs and present doctored photos, I can hang with the rest of them. Present a legit photo of #8324 in service first, and you get the Championship!"

xD 

Triple-H Blank 1.jpg

Aside from the remaining 8300's to be delivered, we have 99.9% of a new fleet of Novas at four garages(77th, 74th, Chicago and FG). But, there is the 0.1% left to discuss, so here we go....

Now I know, courtesy of @BusHunter and his roster that #8090 met a nasty fate, hitting a building with the front end of the bus in late 2015. Price quoted to bring the bus back into service is $108,000, nearly 25% of the cost of the bus. So the question I ask the forum is, does anyone think #8090 will ever see service again? I see that #8194 returned to service recently at Chicago after being out for a fire in the engine compartment that shelved it. What does the chitransit forum think???

• #8090 will return to service again someday?
  • #8090 will sit parked at South Shops and in the years ahead, be green lighted for an early retirement and scrapping due to high repair costs?

cta 8090 side on 62.PNG

4 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Price quoted to bring the bus back into service is $108,000, nearly 25% of the cost of the bus. So the question I ask the forum is, does anyone think #8090 will ever see service again?

Why would the board approve the contract otherwise?

7 hours ago, sw4400 said:

"You want to trade sophomoric barbs and present doctored photos, I can hang with the rest of them. Present a legit photo of #8324 in service first, and you get the Championship!"

xD 

Triple-H Blank 1.jpg

Now you're changing  the rules. I thought this was a cage match where no rules apply.