7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

How about you go pack your bags, take a trip out to Plattsburgh, and find out yourself! :PxD

Sounds like they are slowing down to a pause once they get to #8299. No more buses must be built. Either they are waiting for cta's approval of 25 more or it sounds like building goes down to one assembly line. Could be the factory  is setup to do small orders under 50 on that line. Big cities , 50 or more orders get multiple lines. See and I didn't have to even go to plattsburg!!

50 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Sounds like they are slowing down to a pause once they get to #8299. No more buses must be built. Either they are waiting for cta's approval of 25 more or it sounds like building goes down to one assembly line. Could be the factory  is setup to do small orders under 50 on that line. Big cities , 50 or more orders get multiple lines. See and I didn't have to even go to plattsburg!!

Probably all about production schedule, BusHunter. CTA has forwarded funding for 8200-8299 to be built, and Nova has committed to getting them done by pushing another block of Novas off the production line until they are completed, then they will push 8300-8324 off the line and work on another TA's block for awhile. Then when they are completed and funding is forwarded from CTA, they'll work on 8300-8324. They have the contract, but the money needs to be wired over to them bus by bus, as I recall all those dollar figures sent to Nova for one bus.

We've seen this before with the #8178's. When you don't make a 50 count block you get the snail treatment. Question is how much of a snail treatment do you get? need i remind everyone, the order is not supposed to be complete before spring of '17, so the other shoe seems to be dropping here.

2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Probably all about production schedule,

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

We've seen this before with the #8178's. When you don't make a 50 count block you get the snail treatment.

Last first, Andre explained that it had other deadlines to meet. Novabus knew it had a 300 bus firm CTA order.

In a sense, not much different than art asking why the CNGs were not arriving, which turned out that the Suburbans were being assembled. Only difference here is that the production is probably scheduled for NYCTA or SEPTA.

Other than that, you have been told that to get an answer, you need to get into the Nova Bus production system. Maybe Russian spies will hack the system and post it on Wikileaks. Otherwise you have to do what @garmon757 suggested above.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny 5 said:

Well, that's great, because when the new ones gets 100% delivered, the old ones will be gone. :D

No they won't. At least 27 have to be around to justify the CMAQ grant for the electric buses. A pop can bus does not have emissions.

6 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

This is what I want to know. Will FG be getting the remaining order of the new novas or will they only be getting 100. 

Looking at how FG is the last garage with 6400s, there is no good reason why it shouldn't get the remaining 7900s numbering up to 8324. The 70 to 80-something new Novas at FG along with the 40 New Flyers currently assigned there should have put a big dent in the remaining 6400s count by now or should be about to do so very soon. 

I rode #8232 this afternoon on the #80 Irving Park and before I came on the bus, I saw they having the same door problem as #8212. But this time, the driver had to restart the engine and then while he was doing that, I ran to the bus at Pulaski (I was at Keystone) so I didn't had to wait for it. Sad, was it? :(

18 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Well well well! Look what we have here!!! :D

image.jpeg

They say it won't last too long on Broadway! !!

I'l catch a Greyhound bus for home,  they all say! !

But they is wrong I know they are! !

Cause I can't play this here guitar! !!

And I m gon' pretend I'm a star On Broadway! !!  

George Benson

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

They say it won't last too long on Broadway! !!

I'l catch a Greyhound bus for home,  they all say! !

But they is wrong I know they are! !

Cause I can't play this here guitar! !!

And I m gon' pretend I'm a star On Broadway! !!  

George Benson

No..... no..... NO!!!! Wrong!!! Must I correct everything for the little ditties to work??? :P 

They say it won't be running too long on Broadway.

On Broadway(chorus)

I'll catch a Nova Bus for home, they all say.

On Broadway(chorus)

But they're dead wrong I know they are.

Cause it's not assigned to North Park Garage.

So I'll pretend that it's the star on Broadway.

On Broadway(chorus)

On Broadway

On Broadway(chorus)

That's how you should've made the ditty, @artthouwill. It was 99.9% there, but just needed a little tweaking. ;)xD 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Well well well! Look what we have here!!!

Maths22's tracker has at July 9, 8:30 p.m.

8224 36: Broadway 36 -555 P (North Park)

But now:

8224 77: Belmont 77 -430 F (Forest Glen)

So, as they say at the end of Berns and Boerstein, "It's over. It's over."

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Maths22's tracker has at July 9, 8:30 p.m.

8224 36: Broadway 36 -555 P (North Park)

But now:

8224 77: Belmont 77 -430 F (Forest Glen)

So, as they say at the end of Berns and Boerstein, "It's over. It's over."

Well the good thing is that every garage has experienced these buses.