7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

27 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I checked it. It's still the same as what garmon showed with the number decals on the wrong side. I took a picture of it i'll upload later tonight.

You'll also have to depict if the license plate is still upside down. Or maybe we'll have to send CPD detective Garmon out.B|

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

You'll also have to depict if the license plate is still upside down. Or maybe we'll have to send CPD detective Garmon out.B|

Here's the pic of #8252, in a few minutes I'll upload #8255-57, I took shots of all of them.

Due to a failure by the website to allow any photo upload, I uploaded the pics to flickr here is the link.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96574239@N08/

• Upvote 2

Here's a bunch of shots of #8250's and #8260's

#8258:

cta 8258 on 90.PNG

#8260:

cta 8260 rear on 85.PNG

#8261:

cta 8261 front on 56.PNG

cta 8261 rear on 56.PNG

And there was also a ghost bus on the #90

#8265:

cta 8265 front on 90.PNG

cta 8265 rear on 90.PNG

Damn how many buses did FG get? I count 15 in 3 or 4 days. I wonder what has showed up at SS, the way they are sending buses to FG maybe they are up to the #8280's. :P

In case SS didn't get the memo on new #8200's: xD

advance to FG.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Here's a bunch of shots of #8250's and #8260's

#8258:

cta 8258 on 90.PNG

#8260:

cta 8260 rear on 85.PNG

#8261:

cta 8261 front on 56.PNG

cta 8261 rear on 56.PNG

And there was also a ghost bus on the #90

#8265:

cta 8265 front on 90.PNG

cta 8265 rear on 90.PNG

Damn how many buses did FG get? I count 15 in 3 or 4 days. I wonder what has showed up at SS, the way they are sending buses to FG maybe they are up to the #8280's. :P

In case SS didn't get the memo on new #8200's: xD

advance to FG.jpg

Thank God you didn't capture these on #77!!! Now I can start publishing some of them including mine. 

Just rode on 8262 on #56 this morning. New bus smell, a/c is ice cold, and it does have the cloth insert seating (just like on the 8100s) which, IMO, isn't any more comfortable than the all-plastic seats on the other 8200s I've been on.

We'll see how they perform this weekend. The temp is supposed to push 100. One thing I can say about the old junk. Alot of the ac works better than the new buses. Kind of hate to see them go. Hopefully fg can pull a rabbit out of it's hat and solve this ac issue once and for all. 

The new seats are alot better on the rump and as far as sliding off. When you start riding more of the newer ones and come back to the plastics ones you're like what a letdown. 

Air conditioning works great when the temperature is in the 60 to 80○ area.   With high temps, high humidity and heavier passenger loads, the A/C on any bus will struggle to keep cool, especially in sunlight. Also with frequently opening of doors and sometimes hopper windows,  outside heat enters making the A/C work that much harder. 

i remember when the #5000's were new on the green line, those were like ice machines. Now that's an air conditioner. The only place I have successfully felt an ac breeze on the #7900's is if you hang out in the rear door and put your body close to the door you will feel a cool stream of air. I don't know now about the design of that. Do we want our cold air blowing outside when the door opens? Sometimes you will feel a breeze in the galley area (above the stairs) but I haven't really felt any lately. Could be what circulates the air through the system. like a fan is not so great. Strange I'm feeling more air the more closer I get to the front. I can't put my finger on it, but something's off.

Well anyway I got us some pics of #8263

#8263:

cta 8263 front on 80.PNG

cta 8263 rear on 80.PNG

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe that's  why #8252 has plastic because #8249 will. The last of a manufacture block is always slow.

But if 8249 is a test bed (especially for something that was on the first 300 buses), it is at least 20 late.