7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

15 hours ago, sw4400 said:

You're not getting paid to make wild guesses..... as a matter of fact, you aren't getting paid at all anymore,

Unless you are sending your dues to Garmon Two Wheel Logistics, LLC,, Chicago IL 60626, he isn't being paid at all, and he looks too skinny to be paid by the depicted tightwad.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Was on #8221 and i can't believe it the ac was working and i actually felt a cool breeze. The grab handle was cold I was like say what!!

Well as indicated by other members over the course of the summer, it would seem the weak A/C air flow on the 7900s was addressed with buses in the series now being more comfortable on hot weather days more often than not as reported by other members. Individual buses that are still hot may have something to do with maintenance needing to tweak the engine cooling system to keep the engine exhaust heat from overtaking the A/C especially further to the rear as you get closer to the engine given the engine heat has typically been the reason for buses feeling uncomfortably warm.  Seems you're about the only one who hadn't been noticing the difference up till now BH.xD

8 hours ago, jajuan said:

Well as indicated by other members over the course of the summer, it would seem the weak A/C air flow on the 7900s was addressed with buses in the series now being more comfortable on hot weather days more often than not as reported by other members. Individual buses that are still hot may have something to do with maintenance needing to tweak the engine cooling system to keep the engine exhaust heat from overtaking the A/C especially further to the rear as you get closer to the engine given the engine heat has typically been the reason for buses feeling uncomfortably warm.  Seems you're about the only one who hadn't been noticing the difference up till now BH.xD

i said it was better but it's still a fail. it's still not freezing cold. Hopefully novabus doesn't have any florida orders or those guys are going to be disappointed in the AC. novabus is what can I say.... "a true canadian bus" xD FG maintenance is probably trying all they can to cool these babies down but when it's cut, it's cut. :P

44 minutes ago, Busjack said:

There's no obligation that it be. Only possible obligation is that it is relatively comfortable, like 78 degrees on a 92 degree day.

Someone needs to bring a thermometer on these buses and measure the temps. it would be interesting to see how they measure up with the other buses. nothing is as cold as a rehabbed #3200. that's where you'll find the coldest CTA vehicle right now.

16 hours ago, Busjack said:

There's no obligation that it be. Only possible obligation is that it is relatively comfortable, like 78 degrees on a 92 degree day.

Bus AC is expected to be 20 degrees F cooler than outside temperature, as it comes out of the vents. With a standing load on a sunny day and close stops, you aren't going to get a whole lot of cool.