7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

4 minutes ago, BusOps said:

That has never been true about the bus not going into gear if the partition wasn't closed. That operator was telling you a story. Which unfortunately alot of them do that to the public.  The other operator who had the partition open at Jeff Park is causing a very hazardous condition for the public and I wish a supervisor would of caught him/her doing so and would of put a stop to it.

it only happened for a few seconds once with no riders on the bus, but then with them on the bus through the first turn out of jeff. I thought maybe the partition door was broken. Strange though I never saw them latch it like I saw at the rodeo #7906 had a latch. Seemed like it was magnetic or something it just snapped and locked. The operator had been messing with the mechanism during the layover then held the door from swinging on the first turn, which should tell you which direction I was headed.

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Notice how the jeff destinations are different versus what type of bus is driven.

I was going to ask if the two line sign was unique to the 8200s.

BTW, maths22's tracker is up to 8251, so we'll probably know sooner than later about the bus that spooked someone.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:50 PM, sw4400 said:

I think there's always going to be a "Junk Garage" in the CTA during new bus arrivals.

During the 6400-Series arrivals, it was Kedzie, like Busjack alluded to.

During the 1000-Series arrivals, Forest Glen became the "Junk Garage" and remained so until the final 125 of the 7900-Series Novas started to roll in.

Whenever the next set of new buses roll in(which is tentatively the 27 All-Electric Buses that are yet to be procured)..... we'll see who becomes the "Junk Garage". I have my theory, but I'll keep it to myself for now.

103rd maybe the junk garage since they have most of the older New Flyers and the operators are complaining how raggedy they are. I will agree because some of those buses sound horrible.

17 minutes ago, Brandon93 said:

103rd maybe the junk garage since they have most of the older New Flyers and the operators are complaining how raggedy they are. I will agree because some of those buses sound horrible.

So, do they want to trade some for some 6400s? I know where some are available.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Busjack said:

So, do they want to trade some for some 6400s? I know where some are available.

I think that would be an excellent idea to do. Give those operators at 103rd a real reason to complain about raggedy old buses. ? Ship all the remaining old Novas to them. ?

7 hours ago, Busjack said:

I was going to ask if the two line sign was unique to the 8200s.

BTW, maths22's tracker is up to 8251, so we'll probably know sooner than later about the bus that spooked someone.

Nope. The FG NFs have them too because the signs in a new Nova are the same as on a New Flyer. 

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Nope. The FG NFs have them too because the signs in a new Nova are the same as on a New Flyer. 

I figured something like that.

However, the Twinvisions could have run 2 line signs, such as were on X54. But CTA must be running 2 programs, without checking if the outputs are the same.

14 hours ago, jajuan said:

I'm gonna miss routes like the 54A, 84, and 92 display the full destination of the "L" station rather just displaying "BLUE LINE" or "RED LINE" once the 6400's are completely retired.

1 hour ago, Dawnlight said:

I'm gonna miss routes like the 54A, 84, and 92 display the full destination of the "L" station rather just displaying "BLUE LINE" or "RED LINE" once the 6400's are completely retired.

As Illustrated by BusHonter, they could put as much information on the Luminators (such as the 56 he illustrated), but are inconsistent. However, unless they have done something differently already, 54A will probably stay Irving Park Blue Line, because there isn't a Cicero station on the NW segment, and there is one on the Forest Park segment.

25 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

I think I've seen the 8200's on almost every FG route. I've yet to see one on the 54A and the 85A

Maths22's tracker indicates that they are interlined with other routes, such as 54A with 205 and 206, and 85A with 56. Guess you have to be there at the right second.

I walked the whole FG tonight and I didn't see anything new. The #8250's must come in and go right back out. All the routes are all starting to get new buses now, the #90 had two back to back and yes I got a picture!! :D I got some shots of the new buses #8259 and #8245 and I got a distance shot of #8257. I might have to retake that one though. This weekend is going to be interesting, theoretically 60 new buses should be almost half the weekend service.

Here's the shots guys. Since Garmon hates #77 pictures, I took this one on Harlem. :P I can't help it if the clever devices is out to lunch!! xD

#8259:

cta 8259 front belmont pullin.PNG

cta 8259 side on 77.PNG

cta 8259 rear pullin off 77.PNG

#8245:

cta 8245 front on 80 pullin.PNG

cta 8245 rear on 80 pullin.PNG

Here's the shots of the #90 destination. Now why didn't they do a smaller font two level destination like they did on the #56 destination? The to Harlem/Higgins is really close to the #90 and you almost can't distinguish the two.

The sign flips 3 times. I never got it to display just Harlem in time. At the speed it was traveling that would take half a block to cycle. xD

90 destination first part.PNG

90 destination flip.PNG

If you want a higher res shot of the first picture here it is. i guess i shrunk it where you can't see the numbers so good.

cta 8259 on harlem.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

It's back out:

8252 152: Addison 152 -455F (Forest Glen)

WB at Paulina.

I checked it. It's still the same as what garmon showed with the number decals on the wrong side. I took a picture of it i'll upload later tonight.

Hey guys #8252 does not have the new seats. It has the plastic ones still. Yuck!!

• Upvote 2