7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

5 hours ago, sw4400 said:

A lot of new Novas out on various routes today(probably because Belmont is using less buses today, being Sunday)

78: 8255,8253,8227,8231

80: 8218,8242,8221,8216

152: 8222,8239,8250,8224,8268,8264,8247

56: 8260,8205,8244

76: 8272,8246,8266,8204,8229

This break will allow FG Maintenance staff to do touch up work on the 2nd Gen Novas(6709-6883) that need it to keep them chugging along until they're pulled from service.

Yeah i was noticing that myself. The #152 seemed to be exclusive #8200's today. Only 2 #6400's were on the #76 and #80. It's getting about time for the #6400's to take a rest at least on the weekends. With 70 buses in service it's not that hard to believe. They also having 40 something #1000's. It all depends on whether they run the #8200's or not. 77th doesn't seem to run them much on weekends and it's a pattern that has seemed to trend over to 74th and Chicago. I'll have to check on maths tracker how many #6400's did go out. (I checked about 33 #6400 buses went out. Not bad.)

Well I got out too late for #8273 today but I finally caught up with #8264

cta 8264 front on 152.PNG

cta 8264 rear on 152.PNG

I've been noticing this strange sound on the #8200's, it's like an air valve that releases. It sounds just like when you put the bus out of gear at a relief or something but the bus is moving. I didn't notice this strange sound until I heard it on some of the recent #8200's. #8264 does it quite a bit.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I've been noticing this strange sound on the #8200's, it's like an air valve that releases. It sounds just like when you put the bus out of gear at a relief or something but the bus is moving. I didn't notice this strange sound until I heard it on some of the recent #8200's. #8264 does it quite a bit.

It used to be that the transmissions were air actuated. New Looks and Orions used to fart all the time. I doubt that is the case today, though.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#7971 Struck a Mother and her 3 children this morning while turning onto Halsted via Wavelend, Luckily everyone is ok.

WBBM said the CTA driver was cited for hitting pedestrians in a marked crosswalk. The family was hospitalized but not seriously injured.

#8276 is on the #80 #8274 is also on the #92. That's above what I have at south shops. Unfortunately my south shops contact is out to lunch. Damn now I don't  know if #8276 came this weekend or last. Probably last as no bus can come in one day and go into service. So i wonder if that means they are close to #8290. Heck at this rate delivery with be over in 4-6 weeks 

#8214 (or somewhere around that) was running on the 92 Foster route yesterday.  I'm not sure the driver had much experience with the 7900 series versus the old Novas, though.  He kept treating the brake pedal like some sort of on/off switch.  Either full brakes or nothing at all.  Nobody on the bus was very happy.

It will get here eventually. These first and last buses of blocks always do seem to be slower if you remember #7500 wasnt around to quickly either. #8269 also seems to be skipped. It must have failed inspection maybe at the factory. They'll  probably just order it it's defective part and deliver it.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It must have failed inspection maybe at the factory. They'll  probably just order it it's defective part and deliver it.

6 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

8249 is at South Shops. 

So, again, no need for all the gnashing.

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

So, again, no need for all the gnashing.

Yeah it keeps being moved around to different places but I remember seeing it on the 79th fence as recent as Monday. I'll be back down there on Friday and see where it is. 

30 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Yeah it keeps being moved around to different places but I remember seeing it on the 79th fence as recent as Monday. I'll be back down there on Friday and see where it is. 

I can check to save you a trip as soon as I finish with my deliveries today. 

2 hours ago, ajm522 said:

#8249 is currently on the #88. #8275 is another new bus for today (on #205)

By the sounds of it up to #8276 was delivered last week. That should put this week close to #8285 at south shops.

40 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

#8249 is currently on the #88. #8275 is another new bus for today (on #205)

By the sounds of it up to #8276 was delivered last week. That should put this week close to #8285 at south shops.

It finally appears. Funny how it goes from being parked Monday to being in service Wednesday.  

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

CTA wouldn't put the #8300's at another garage would they? Hmm.....

It doesn't sound likely especially at only 25 buses. They may do some wacky things at times, but they still at least try to stay consistent in bus assignments as their history with bus deployments tend to show.

Here's some shots of #8249. Yes it has plastic seats unfortunately. I tried zooming in on the frontal but I guess my digital camera has a better zoom. I just love riding #81w's in the #85a bay!! If people weren't confused with the bus assignment changes at jeff they'll be confused now. Yikes!! River Rd is vague as there's an east and standard. Now does this bus serve the Rosemont Theatre/Mall area? :D I wonder if it would serve more running to the Pavilion or there?

cta 8249 front on 85a 81w sign.PNG

cta 8249 rear on 85a.PNG

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Here's some shots of #8249. Yes it has plastic seats unfortunately. I tried zooming in on the frontal but I guess my digital camera has a better zoom. I just love riding #81w's in the #85a bay!! If people weren't confused with the bus assignment changes at jeff they'll be confused now. Yikes!! River Rd is vague as there's an east and standard. Now does this bus serve the Rosemont Theatre/Mall area? :D I wonder if it would serve more running to the Pavilion or there?

cta 8249 front on 85a 81w sign.PNG

cta 8249 rear on 85a.PNG

So that means I got a image(albeit sideways) of the first bus in the 8200-Series block to have cloth seats in 8250??? YES!!!! I got the exclusive first picture!!! :)xD

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I guess we can't  complain about #8269 anymore it's on the #92 I believe. #8278 is on the #90 this morning. Somehow I think #8277 will end up on the #77.

#8280-87 have arrived and #8277 will be at Forest Glen tomorrow because it's lined up at the shop ready for departure.