7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

13 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's still the same overall principle BH. There may be some controls here and there that are different, but overall they'd still know how to drive a bus down through the tight spots on Lunt and Broadway if they've driven one through there before. 

52 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I got #8274 yesterday on #152. Operators are still learning clearances with curbs, I guess. My operator planted it into the curb at Lincoln pulling in to pick me up, scraping the low-step against the curb.

If what sw says is the case, they run the same risk even if an FG driver drives it on an FG route.

36 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's still the same overall principle BH. There may be some controls here and there that are different, but overall they'd still know how to drive a bus down through the tight spots on Lunt and Broadway if they've driven one through there before. 

You and BH have valid points.   While the basics of driving a bus is the same,  in certain cases,  different models respond differently.     There are certain tight turns that a Prevost or Vanhool bus can make easily because they have very tight turning radii.  An MCI may require that same turn to be wider or require backing up.   So depending on a particular curb,  the bumper of a New Flyer may allow some curb overhang that a bumper on a Nova will not.   You have to figure in that the bumper itself is not the lowest point under the bus.  Sometimes you can find differences between different years in the same model of bus. The different position of the engine in the 6400s and the 7900s can cause some subtle differences in handling.   It's as important for bus operators to be trained on each model just as rail operators must qualify for each car model,  even though tracks and signals don't change. 

Edited by artthouwill

#8280 is a ghost bus on the #85 following #6824 and #8283 is a ghost bus following #6737 on the #56. There's many new #8200's at the glen #8284 is laid up on the elston fence. #8282 and #8287 are laid up right in front of the transportation building. Looks like #8290 might  be along the wooden fence at the  north end of the yard. #6874 and #6714 and a bunch of other maybe shop tows or transfers are over there too.  #8292 is in the 3rd yard. I got pictures  of everything so far. Hopefully they came out. I had to get creative with some  of these.

Yeah the np guys probably had fun with the brakes. As many seniors as what rides some of these uptown routes i'd be sweating over that alone. And we know how many times  we press  the brakes on broadway. #8224 is back at fg yard. I saw it. It now has an F sticker so hands off np!!:P looks like all of them have it except maybe the #8280's.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

#8280 is a ghost bus on the #85 following #6824 and #8283 is a ghost bus following #6737 on the #56. There's many new #8200's at the glen #8284 is laid up on the elston fence. #8282 and #8287 are laid up right in front of the transportation building. Looks like #8290 might  be along the wooden fence at the  north end of the yard. #6874 and #6714 and a bunch of other maybe shop tows or transfers are over there too.  #8292 is in the 3rd yard. I got pictures  of everything so far. Hopefully they came out. I had to get creative with some  of these.

Vince McMahon Meme 10.png

I operate out of FG, those old Novas are still around for sure. Most of the ones left are in fair to good condition. There are a few remaining that should be scrapped, but those are only a few of the remaining 6400 Series. Most of the 8200s of the 8000 series are in excellent condition. Though there are a few with quirks. One bus has slow front doors to open, ATC light coming on, & a bell cord getting stuck at the pulled position. All on the same bus. Others the breaks are a little sensitive but the 82s are still vastly improved upon from those 81s at Chicago. So all in all Nova has listened to the gripes and responded. Though there is way to many bell buttons on the 82s, they're everywhere.

22 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

Are we now starting to see 6400s as less often as the 6000 Pace Orion's? It sure looks like it now.

At about 130 left according to what Andre says CTA computers show as being still active, it depends on the route really and sometimes day of the week. Some routes it's an even split between 6400s, NFs and New Novas. Some you may see more NFs and New Novas. While yet still others you'll still see more of the buses being 6400 series. Plus there are some weekends now where it seems the majority of routes are mainly operated with NFs and 8200s, but there are still some 6400 series out there on weekends. We're still not quite at that point yet though of how it is at Pace's Northwest Division with the Pace 6000s. 

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Is this one going to Russell, or to Mark Grace St?

No going west in search of gold. Maybe a new hitter or pitcher. And no that is not Reggie the supervisor. That's some other supervisor, checking out the cubs extras to see if they have been naughty or nice. Maybe he's either a point supervisor or a special events one if such a thing exists.

58 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

No going west in search of gold. Maybe a new hitter or pitcher. And no that is not Reggie the supervisor. That's some other supervisor, checking out the cubs extras to see if they have been naughty or nice. Maybe he's either a point supervisor or a special events one if such a thing exists.

The main reason I mentioned it, aside from the obvious coincidences (it does go to Grace St.) was that there was a radio ad that fans could see Addison Russell at the Addison Goodwill. Didn't say if you can see Morton Russell at the Morton Grove Goodwill, or even Ryan Dempster there (8722 W Dempster St).