7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

12 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Real test for the Novas will be Thursday and Friday..... @garmon757 and @BusHunter, if you're willing to take a small ride on some FG 8200's, let us know how they hold up. Maybe even the C 8100's, 74th 8000's and 77th 7900's if you want to go to the older ones. Stay hydrated if you do!!!

Excessive Heat Watch July 21 & 22, 2016.jpg

Damn, I have to work on those days but it shouldn't be a problem checking them out.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

It is when the series starts at 00. Your point is?

If #8200 - #8248, #8252 are plastic seats that is 50 buses. #8249 with a plastic seat is 51, so I would bet it has cloth seats.

I was looking at the windows for a date stamp on the#8200's and it shows them built in apr just a month after the #8100's so sounds like they must have just continued  building at novabus until they got a complete block.

2 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Damn, I have to work on those days but it shouldn't be a problem checking them out.

No, don't over-exert yourself, garmon..... it's going to be too hot!!! I know you ride on a bicycle while doing your job, and it's going to be hell for you out there riding around in that heat. It's not worth it.... do your 8(or however long you're out) and get indoors!!!

19 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Real test for the Novas will be Thursday and Friday..... @garmon757 and @BusHunter, if you're willing to take a small ride on some FG 8200's, let us know how they hold up. Maybe even the C 8100's, 74th 8000's and 77th 7900's if you want to go to the older ones. Stay hydrated if you do!!!

Excessive Heat Watch July 21 & 22, 2016.jpg

Thursday and Friday is going to be a test on all the buses with the coming heat especially in cases of brainiacs popping hopper windows and the roof hatches on buses that have perfectly working air conditioners.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If #8200 - #8248, #8252 are plastic seats that is 50 buses. #8249 with a plastic seat is 51, so I would bet it has cloth seats.

I was looking at the windows for a date stamp on the#8200's and it shows them built in apr just a month after the #8100's so sounds like they must have just continued  building at novabus until they got a complete block.

Sounds like that might make the complaint theory less likely. As for Andre's mention of 7900-8199 counting as one group and 8200-plus being another in CTA's computers, it's probably because of 7900-8199 being the base order and 8200 on being an exercised option. 

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm.. . #8271 and #8268 are on the #77. Where is fg getting all these buses? 

And here we are pictures of #8271 and #8268. i was trying to figure out what was the story with #8268 today. i noticed on one his trips he pulled into Octavia, what was weird about it was either his leader or follower did the same thing. i really didn't think too much of it, but I did think why would CTA short turn two straight buses? Because that totally screwed west of their which had no service for about 30 minutes. So here I am on his next trip his follower and leader were both Harlem pullins. Do you know when he got to harlem he said it was the end of the line (he was short turning again) and his bus was sort of half full a good 15-20 riders. So 2 buses were harlem pullins and he was a short turn again. Riders seemed surprised because he had a cumberland sign and made no early termination announcements. I was getting off anyway cause that's a good spot for pictures. I wonder if he was doing that for a longer layover or not because I didn't really hear a supervisor say anything. At least I got a shot from the Octavia terminal, didn't think I'd ever do that.

#8271:

cta 8271 front on 77.PNG

cta 8271 rear on 77.PNG

#8268:

cta 8268 front on 77.PNG

cta 8268 rear on 77.PNG

• Upvote 3

I heard some guy today asked the driver is he could turn up the AC on the new bus we were on. :P (I $hit you not) Best part about it was this bus actually seemed like the AC was working, maybe the mechanics set it to colder. I was pretty sweaty myself walking towards Harlem because of this octavia mystery, but the AC cooled me down. I still didn't feel a stream of air. maybe it's coming from a secret place. xD

BTW, I got see #8252 yesterday and to my shock it has the cloth seats, so I was wrong, I can't believe it. I was thinking damn I know what I saw and felt. Maybe I was preoccupied with all the other anomolies on that bus or I was too excited to ride a #8250. xD

9 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

BTW, I got see #8252 yesterday and to my shock it has the cloth seats, so I was wrong, I can't believe it. I was thinking damn I know what I saw and felt. Maybe I was preoccupied with all the other anomolies on that bus or I was too excited to ride a #8250.

Either you needed a picture at the time (like whoever got the picture of the green seats in the Pace bus) or have to pay off sw.

Not too much happening at the glenexcept some lightning. My walkthrough only reveals #6812 and  #6701 in the 3rd yard. I was kind of interested in garage operations as operations fascinate me. The island right before maintenance looks like a fuel island, they have these silo like cannisters like the fuel is being mixed with something. I was also checking out the vault island. As soon as a bus comes in it's revenue gets locked up for safe keeping. Probably wise to have it outside the trans. building in case anyone gets any ideas. 

5 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Not sure if anybody said anything about it but 8252 have the cloth seats. I saw it myself while doing ashland a few days ago. So I wonder whats going on with that. 8250 and up have cloth seats or what?

It has the cloth seats, my friend. Yes #8250 and up have the cloth seats. #8249 should have the plastic ones if it ever goes in service. (hasn't yet)

Here's some shots of #8272. Will someone please tell the CTA graphics dept we don't run fishbowls anymore? xD (Look at the bus stop sign or PI sign)

cta 8272 front on 56.PNG

cta 8272 rear on 56.PNG

the sun was messing with me on my last shot, that's about the best I could get at the time. Can't win em all, I suppose. 9_9 I'll put it up though it beats nothing.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Will someone please tell the CTA graphics dept we don't run fishbowls anymore? xD

That's an Orion I. Pace no longer uses it on its schedule pamphlet.

A fishbowl would have a rectangular sign.

16 hours ago, ajm522 said:

8270 was having problems with its fare box while on 152.

You guys do realize that the fare boxes that CTA uses on the new buses are not new boxes. They refurbish them , if needed, when they pull them off a retiring bus. Otherwise they just put the boxes straight on a new or another bus that is having a fare box problem.