7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

It's Busapalooza time.... xD

I got shots of most of the #8310's today here they are

Don't know what happened to #8310 but it's in the 3rd yard this afternoon and it was in service this morning. In service failure???

cta 8310 3rd yard fg.PNG

cta 8311 front at jeff.PNG

cta 8311 rear at jeff.PNG

cta 8312 at fg.PNG

#8313 this one was leaving the wash rack and i saw it and got it just in time

cta 8313 leaving the wash rack.PNG

cta 8314 front on 76.PNG

cta 8314 rear on 76.PNG

cta 8315 front on 76.PNG

cta 8315 rear on 76.PNG

cta 8316.png

cta 8317 front on 56.PNG

cta 8317 rear on 56.PNG

• Upvote 2

On Friday, September 02, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Express Flyer said:

Well, I had 8303 recently. It was a great bus until, I was at a service stop pulling away from the curb when I try to accelerate & it wasn't accelerating. After a few seconds it kicked in. So I just assume it had a slow take off, no biggie. Then further down the street it happened again, though this time it wouldn't accelerate for about 15 - 25 seconds. Well a supervisor saw me, came over, restarted the battery & we were good to go. Well further down the street it happens again but for short lengths of time as I pull away from the curb. I finally noticed what was happening. The front door has a interlock, so for some reseason while I close the doors the bus doesn't sense their closed. I saw that the entrance light would be on when it wouldn't accelerate. Well, it happened again, I turned off & restarted the bus, & it wouldn't move, so I finally gave up & called control.

This bus still has issues with that. Noticed it was on the #91 and now its in the #90. Right in front of the mall it does this 5 mph thing like its out of gear. It cant go to 2nd gear. The guy was raising the kneeling and whatnot opening and closing the doors about 4 times and it cleared itself up. I guess no one knows what wrong . Time to call the warranty guys. Btw i think its only been in service 3 or 4 times so obviously it must have issues.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Express Flyer said:

Its the front door interlock. I don't think it senses when the door is closed.

Wonder if the same thing was troubling #8293 last week. The bus was only about 5 feet from the Kedzie stop on Irving Park EB. The engine was idling, though the driver was on the phone on the inside to control. I was running late for work and wasn't going to knock on the door to ask him what was wrong with the bus(and I highly doubt he'd first off open the door or even tell me).

20160825_152031_jpg_5cad953b8199099e8e210af2373122f0.jpg

7 hours ago, Express Flyer said:

Its the front door interlock. I don't think it senses when the door is closed.

Yeah i caught it both nb and sb yesterday. It only experienced the problem once. I thought maybe it was getting traded off at the north terminal  because it said  it was  delayed. Now the ac is excellent on there. Best ive experienced on that model but it was getting night. #8313's ac was  hot. I got pictures of both of them i need to upload

About six new Novas sitting along the fence including 8319. Also CTA GMC #9375 fishbowl was out in the lot.  Still in its familiar green paint scheme. I wonder if CTA is making that bus part of its historical fleet program they revived

image.jpeg

Well i thought my trip to FG's 3rd yard was going to be a waste of time but it turned out that there was something for everyone, the good, the bad and the ugly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

First we have the good....

cta 8319 in 3rd yard 9-10.PNG

Yes that is #8319, but where is #8318???

Then we have the bad.... which I don't have a picture, but here's a big hint...

cta 8303 rear on 90.PNG

Yes it's on the east side of the 3rd yard now

Then we have the ugly....

more pink slips 9-10.PNG

Looks like they are getting the pink slip, they all have this slip of paper taped to the windshield and they are all pointed so a wrecker can just pick them up. #6881 is among them as well as #6866 and a few others I mentioned without bike racks. There was also a new arrival to the pink slip gang....

cta 6778 pink slip 9-10.PNG

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well i thought my trip to FG's 3rd yard was going to be a waste of time but it turned out that there was something for everyone, the good, the bad and the ugly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

First we have the good....

cta 8319 in 3rd yard 9-10.PNG

Yes that is #8319, but where is #8318???

hmm, #8318 is on the #81 today.

On the bicycle rack issue, I saw 8309. It is more rectangular than the french curve one on the other CTA buses. However. like on every other CTA bus it has a Sportworks label when viewed on the bottom left. Must be a different model. The predominant one must be the VeloPorter 2 (click on picture 2). The new ones must be the DL2 NP.

Pace at least used to use Byk Rak. However the one I just saw on an 6400 looked like the french curve type.