5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

Another 22 cars are added to the LED interior lights #5000's list. They are #5009-10, #5045-46, #5051-54, #5069-70, #5091-92, #5095-96, #5115-16, #5119-20. #5127-28 and #5135-36 which adds up to 90 cars finished on the Pink and Green lines. Only 58 cars are left to complete and then they will be done with the Pink and Green line

Edited by BusHunter

Yeah I was thinking yesterday where was Garmon!! Lol!! All the #5390's were out in service and #5399-#5400 was showcased in Howard yard. I would've got a picture of #5400 but I was losing the sunlight at the time.

Lol!!! #5399-5400 should be in service by the end of the week. Hey at least I was very close when I mentioned a couple months ago that the 5000s should be in the 5400s by early February. :)

#5387-5388 (can't remember which of the pair) had a bad sign controller earlier. Both sides were out. That was fast...

7bD7X.png

That's the downside to LED signs on the "L" trains vs. Mylar Curtains. On a train, it's not as easy to put temporary signs up as it is in a bus.

That's the downside to LED signs on the "L" trains vs. Mylar Curtains. On a train, it's not as easy to put temporary signs up as it is in a bus.

But (a) other than branch lines, there isn't much choice of terminals on the Red Line (B) a mylar sign would just keep rolling © it wasn't said that the controller on other cars of the consist were out, and (4) there is always Mr. CTA ('this is a Red Line train to 95th")..

But (a) other than branch lines, there isn't much choice of terminals on the Red Line ( B) a mylar sign would just keep rolling © it wasn't said that the controller on other cars of the consist were out, and (4) there is always Mr. CTA ('this is a Red Line train to 95th")..

Right...luckily it was only the second car. The front sign and the other side signs were working fine. I didn't see if any of the inside signs worked or not.

I must be one lucky guy!!! Shots of #5401-02 and #5403-04!!! What a night!!!!

You see if you stay out there long enough you'll get them. lol!! Next time I'll see if I can give you a run number so there easier to track. You can track them then on train tracker. Something tells me #5405-06 are out there but maybe in howard shop so keep your eyes out. I believe #5407-08 are at Skokie Shops waiting probably for next week.

• Upvote 1

You see if you stay out there long enough you'll get them. lol!! Next time I'll see if I can give you a run number so there easier to track. You can track them then on train tracker. Something tells me #5405-06 are out there but maybe in howard shop so keep your eyes out. I believe #5407-08 are at Skokie Shops waiting probably for next week.

Hopefully I'll have time for spotting later on in the quarter but my schedule is packed right now...my friend and I are going to go spotting in a few weeks though. 5430 might even be out by then :P

• Upvote 1