5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

They've been for several updates now, haven't they? You had the Red Line roster for 5000's as the following... 5149-51545161-5368 Now if you said 5369-5370, that would've been new... that or if 5365-5366 was on the Yellow Line tonight would've been something new.

Just because it is on the roster doesn't mean it's in service. It could be stuck in howard yard. #5369-74 will probably be released by next weekend from Skokie but they probably won't go in service all at once. They are just released to the line.

I was out by the Green Line tonight between Harlem and Oak Park. One in service set caught my eye because its interior was illuminated with a blue tint, while the other cars looked normal. Those two cars were the only ones I saw that looked that way. Are LED lights slowly being installed, or has a set been moved to the Green Line with the newer blue interior?

I was out by the Green Line tonight between Harlem and Oak Park. One in service set caught my eye because its interior was illuminated with a blue tint, while the other cars looked normal. Those two cars were the only ones I saw that looked that way. Are LED lights slowly being installed, or has a set been moved to the Green Line with the newer blue interior?

It sounds like two of the newer ser of cars with the blue interior made it over to the Green Line. Depending on the car numbers, these are probably loaners for the time being.

Could be that they might finally be receiving the led interior lights. Does it look similar to #3295?

It sounds like two of the newer ser of cars with the blue interior made it over to the Green Line. Depending on the car numbers, these are probably loaners for the time being.

I was also riding the Green Line with new led interior lights. Cars #5121-22 have new led interior lights. I was on #5121 heading towards Harlem last week and they have new interior lights.

Could be that they might finally be receiving the led interior lights. Does it look similar to #3295?

I rode #3295 a week or two ago. Much brighter interior than the rest of the fleet. I think it's married pair(#3296) does not have the LED lighting. I could be wrong, as I wasn't paying much attention, but that car was the one that stood out. A few days ago, I was on a Brown Line train.... not sure of the car number, but it was 33xx. What stood out on it was that it had a lot of camera bubbles on it's ceilings.

I had a 6 car consist of led lighting last night. Headcar was 5113, 3rd was 5100, and 5th was 5122. They are slowly installing them in what seems like harlem shop, I havent been back there in months.

Weird, they don't seem to be on the newest cars on the Red line. That must have just started a week or two ago on the Green line because I was just over there.

The production of the 5000s seems to be very slow for the time being. I could've thought that it would be in the 5400s but I'm going to keep my prediction of them being delivered before early February.

Well it is a holiday period, garmon757. The staff are probably skeletal at Bombardier right now until after Jan. 1. Production will probably pick up again starting the second week of January.

The production of the 5000s seems to be very slow for the time being. I could've thought that it would be in the 5400s but I'm going to keep my prediction of them being delivered before early February.

Well it is a holiday period, garmon757. The staff are probably skeletal at Bombardier right now until after Jan. 1. Production will probably pick up again starting the second week of January.

Plus, if they are bringing them in on flatbed trucks, driving conditions aren't that good. Especially from the north country of NY.

Plus, if they are bringing them in on flatbed trucks, driving conditions aren't that good. Especially from the north country of NY.

Chicago didn't seem very welcoming either. The snow picked up around 2-2:30 just as I was leaving O'Hare. If Bombardier is low staff right now like sw4400 said, it's probably not that bad of an idea for the moment.

From the quick glance at the Chicago Tribune article, I thought the derailment happened at the south end of Howard. I guess not. I've filmed from the platform next to the train!