5000 official homes:

5001-5042 pink

5043-5146 green

5147-5154 red

5155-5160 yellow

5161-5410 red

5411-5416 purple

5417-5424 red

as a note, 5411-5414 were originally red, reassigned to purple, but 5415-5416 on purple from new.

Interesting #5155-60 are not loaned anymore. But I guess they have to be if the santa cars are gone.

According to the timetable, the one leaving Howard at 4:33 would be back to Howard at 5:52. Not sure if that's your train, but it looks like about 1 hour 19 minutes in any event. (if it was the 4:20, it would be back to Howard at 5:37).

I've forgot to mention this morning that I was at Linden around 7am when I saw the 5000s. I was about to board on them but some idiotic supervisor made me and some people switch to the other side of the platform (2600s mixed with 2400s in the middle of the set) in which that was really bs!!! :(

Here's a slight shot of #5420 leading a 4-car train siding with pitch dark #5307 @ Howard around 2am.

post-1364-0-94635900-1396648928_thumb.jp

Shots of them @ Garfield.

May want to try to be a little more discreet with photographing the cars, garmon. Didn't look like those passengers in #5430 were too happy about their mugs being taken... if you can turn off the flash and find a way to make it look like your texting rather than photographing with the smartphone(if that's what you're taking pics with), it might be a good idea. I don't want you to get hurt showing us the latest 5000's out there...

• Upvote 2

May want to try to be a little more discreet with photographing the cars, garmon. Didn't look like those passengers in #5430 were too happy about their mugs being taken... if you can turn off the flash and find a way to make it look like your texting rather than photographing with the smartphone(if that's what you're taking pics with), it might be a good idea. I don't want you to get hurt showing us the latest 5000's out there...

That's interesting because my flash was never on :o . I indeed use my iPhone 4S for all of my shots except for the Santa Train last year but I really appreciate you expressing your concerns about it. It's sad enough to say that I have to carry my knife with me all the time because of the fact that I travel to/from west and south sides consistently.
  • Upvote 2