Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

20 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I assume North Shore will need them for school trips.   I thought West had a surplus of buses when you count 85 New Flyers and 54 Eldorados for a total of 139 buses.  However I think the spare ratio is going to take a hit because the Eldorados are creeping up to 8 years old and are starting to break down at a higher rate.   West has the oldest Eldorado 40 ft buses.  The Suburbans (6377 to 6389) didn't work as hard as the others and seem to run great on the 606.  Unfortunately the oldest Axxess buses won't be eligible for retirement until 2025 or 2026 at the earliest.  What would probably happen is that West would get some buses from Northwest when Northwest receives their new CNG buses upon the opening of the new Wheeling garage. 

Ye they’ve been there since early summer the thing is I didn’t know where they were until now

• 2 months later...

6563 has the pace bus tracker wrap on it . i first seen it last month on lewis ave it was really moving when i caught up with it i was suprised because i am used to seeing the 6700s. i seen 6563 yesterday on greenbay rd but in all 6563 is the only bus i seen from the 6500 series i know in the past west division has used 6700s from north during the summer but i believe that's before west division got the new flyers

what year are the 6500s, i know the 6700s we have at north are 2017 built but delivered  starting jan 2018. The reason for asking i know the 6700s have cummins L9 motors and  the older axxess are powered with isl9 motors so i wonder whats parts compatibilty those motors have since they are two different series of motor

i have not been inside of 6770. thanks for the heads up also since north is picking up other buses ,are they doing a swap with these other garages or are they hording buses that's the question, Also kinda getting off topic but as we all know north garage would be a electric garage in a few years so that leaves the surplus of buses 6700s i know that there will be a wheeling garage that will be cng along with south which is already cng would it be cheaper to convert the surplus busses to cng and maybe have a few extra years not having to worry about buying new equipment

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

2651 and 2652 appear to have moved from North Shore to River. According to WebWatch both are on the 550 this morning.

If they aren't going to be running Shuttle Bugs for the conceivable future, may as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...