Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Busjack said:

2697 and 2698 now at Heritage according to @maths22's Pace tracker.

image.thumb.png.e1b58c6ab6cca947fa618f7f26f93062.png

Also, although not technically a recent move, Pace is using 30 ft. buses on 606:

image.thumb.png.d9fab147f91bda6e008cb27664d50373.png

Apparently, Pace is trying to get some mileage on them.

Might as well.  It's not like there's a heavy ridership on the 606 anymore,  even during rush hour.  Nor even Pace employees boarding at Pace HQ.

Either they are getting extra mileage or the A/Cs are cralpubf out on the Axxess Suburbans luke they did last summer on the 606.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea my buddy told me it wasn’t a move after i posted this i jus haven’t seen EZ Riders on a SW route 

SW always had most of the buses in the 2815-2824 range on such routes as 384 and 386. When 895 started, it also got 2785-2789 from NW.

What's strange is a 30' bus on a top 5 ridership route, but @maths22's tracker shows it on evening trips.

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

SW always had most of the buses in the 2815-2824 range on such routes as 384 and 386. When 895 started, it also got 2785-2789 from NW.

What's strange is a 30' bus on a top 5 ridership route, but @maths22's tracker shows it on evening trips.

Depending on the block, there's not much ridership. However, if those blocks have high ridership...that's a crush load dispatch issue.

It was a problem back when I worked there, and I'm not surprised this came back. 

26 minutes ago, MetroShadow said:

Depending on the block, there's not much ridership. However, if those blocks have high ridership...that's a crush load dispatch issue.

It was a problem back when I worked there, and I'm not surprised this came back. 

#1 welcome back to the forums haven’t seen you around 

#2 that’s also true it could be dispatching issue but depends on how much ridership was there last night 

1 hour ago, MetroShadow said:

Blame dispatch.   Maybe there were enough Axxess buses down that forced them to put out an EZ RIDER on the 381.  Maintenance has the last word.

Maybe Oace can make SW all Axxess as it seems there is a surplus of Axxess buses somewhere.  

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Blame dispatch.   Maybe there were enough Axxess buses down that forced them to put out an EZ RIDER on the 381.  Maintenance has the last word.

Maybe Oace can make SW all Axxess as it seems there is a surplus of Axxess buses somewhere.  

Which if that's the case and Pace wanted to make SW all Axxess, wouldn't it make sense to send those EZ Riders to Heritage or River (or even FV) to continue the retirement of their older buses?  For instance, I was amazed to see 2621 still running at FV the other day, it's amongst the earliest of 2600s still hanging around.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

If you look at @maths22's tracker for 2788, 2789, 2816, 2819, 2821, 2822, 2824, there are 381 trips, usually in the evening. So, that appears intentional. On the other hand, 2817 and 2820 show no activity.

What may be surprising is that some are on 390.

The tracker reflects some transfers, such as 2997, 2801 to NW.

1 hour ago, rotjohns said:

Which if that's the case and Pace wanted to make SW all Axxess, wouldn't it make sense to send those EZ Riders to Heritage or River (or even FV) to continue the retirement of their older buses?  For instance, I was amazed to see 2621 still running at FV the other day, it's amongst the earliest of 2600s still hanging around.

That gets down to the question what Pace intends to do with the 44 ordered but not yet put into service 2X300s. But some of that is reflected in 2651-2654 from NS to R.

As implied above, while a certain number of buses have been transferred from contractors to divisions, others apear to have not, and to the extent that Pace has indicated that it is not bringing back feeders, should be. Only contracted routes that appear to be operating are 711 and 715.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

As implied above, while a certain number of buses have been transferred from contractors to divisions, others apear to have not, and to the extent that Pace has indicated that it is not bringing back feeders, should be. Only contracted routes that appear to be operating are 711 and 715.

Although not a 'normal' route First Student Schaumburg are still running the Woodfield Shuttle (905) using 8624-30.

Looks like 2670 has been moved to MV Batavia.  It's on 715 Central DuPage now.  This bus was not showing at all last week.  If I'm not mistaken, wasn't this a First Student Naperville bus?

SN:  There's been no sign of 2731 in the last week, but all the others (2727-2730, 2732, 2808, 2812) has been in service at some point.  So likely 2731 has been moved or retired.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Wonder why?  Is NS at a surplus of buses?  And maybe a couple of 30-footers from NW moving somewhere?

NS had a couple more buses than needed. Remember back almost to the days that W received the New Flyer Xcelsiors? At that point, NS got 6784-6785 from W (6782 and 6783 went to N) and later received 6786 from NW. So, to keep the numbering in continuous blocks, NS sent NW 6564 and 6565.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

As of 9/3/22 following 2600s have been stricken from the active roster:

2606-2612 2614-2620 2622-2626 2628 2683 2686 2699 2721 2731 2733-2735 2749

Total 29

1 minute ago, rotjohns said:

That's lower than I expected, but the feeder buses are not counted into this.  

Apparently the two comments account for all the transfers to R.