Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Was driving my bus at 87th and lagrange when I saw #20430 and #20431 motor through the intersection. Tried following them to see if maybe they were heading to ups. No they went north. You know, I think those may have come from that place on 191st in mokena. Had a charter out on 191st. You know they are still servicing Pace buses there. I think it's called Chandler. I saw some of the new eldorkos out there too.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:36 PM, BusHunter said:

Was driving my bus at 87th and lagrange when I saw #20430 and #20431 motor through the intersection. Tried following them to see if maybe they were heading to ups. No they went north. You know, I think those may have come from that place on 191st in mokena. Had a charter out on 191st. You know they are still servicing Pace buses there. I think it's called Chandler. I saw some of the new eldorkos out there too.

Back at West. Just saw 20431 yesterday on the 313 too in fact.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6703 6704 6705 6706 6784 6785 have left pace west division and are now at north shore division. West division no longer has the 6700 series.

I assume North Shore will need them for school trips.   I thought West had a surplus of buses when you count 85 New Flyers and 54 Eldorados for a total of 139 buses.  However I think the spare ratio is going to take a hit because the Eldorados are creeping up to 8 years old and are starting to break down at a higher rate.   West has the oldest Eldorado 40 ft buses.  The Suburbans (6377 to 6389) didn't work as hard as the others and seem to run great on the 606.  Unfortunately the oldest Axxess buses won't be eligible for retirement until 2025 or 2026 at the earliest.  What would probably happen is that West would get some buses from Northwest when Northwest receives their new CNG buses upon the opening of the new Wheeling garage.