Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

I wonder if R will be short on 606 and 616 Monday, or other chess pieces move.

Sure enough, 6704 also moved from R to W.

6704.png.0c13388bd307da68a99c54975f25ec06.png

R still has 6559-6563, 6390 and 6391. R is receiving some of the 6379-6385 group from S (with the forthcoming 18500s replacing the 6379-6385 group as S's highway buses) to make up for the loss of 6703-6706 to W.

6381.thumb.png.13643c729c313bce3ccb09b6dbc1737b.png

31 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

. R is receiving some of the 6379-6385 group from S (with the forthcoming 18500s replacing the 6379-6385 group as S's highway buses) to make up for the loss of 6703-6706 to W.

Sort of confirmed what I implied about our calculations. Looks like at least some of them aren't going to NS. However, I wonder how they work on 606, which is essentially a local route (only express between Rosemont and Elmhurst Road).

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6737 is now on 309.

6736 is on 316.

6732 is on 318.

6735 is on 317.

Some of the 6730-6739 buses moved to West.

Looks like with school out, N didn't have to sit on so many buses, and its lower ones were moved out. We'll have to see if they go back to N in August.

33 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6737 is now on 309.

6736 is on 316.

6732 is on 318.

6735 is on 317.

Some of the 6730-6739 buses moved to West.

This means that even fewer 2003 NABIs should be out except during peak hours when more operable buses are needed, although there are still a few of those NABIs on the road as of this posting.

4 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

This means that even fewer 2003 NABIs should be out except during peak hours when more operable buses are needed, although there are still a few of those NABIs on the road as of this posting.

Looking at Webwatch a couple of minutes ago, that was not the case. Looked like fewer 6323 series buses out.

41 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Looking at Webwatch a couple of minutes ago, that was not the case. Looked like fewer 6323 series buses out.

On top of that, when I was out and about yesterday, there were quite a few 2003 and 2005 NABIs out, which surprised me.  

Also, remember artthouwill's post indicating he spoke to a bus driver who indicated that more El Dorados were coming due to the fact they were short buses at West.  The 6300 El Dorados are 6 years old, maybe going thru mid-life rehab?  

24 minutes ago, rotjohns said:

The 6300 El Dorados are 6 years old, maybe going thru mid-life rehab?  

Would have to be something internal, as Pace hasn't announced anything since 2600-2701 were rehabbed. Maybe these are finally getting the rear signs?

Or maybe it just is that W is short.

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Uh oh. Just a couple minutes ago wgn showed #2749 has hit a tree in a Bolingbrook accident today. Dont see any links so far....

I guess you don't  think  this Pace drive was speeding.  Only CTA 74th garage drivers are speeders and can't  control their buses.

27 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I guess you don't  think  this Pace drive was speeding.  Only CTA 74th garage drivers are speeders and can't  control their buses.

You spelled "29 State" drivers wrong.... You ever seen what happens once state becomes more open? ??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Sounds like the bus may be toast. If the driver was pinned it has heavy front end damage and Pace doesn't have to keep the eldorkos for 12 years IIRC, Hard to say if the driver was speeding. Being its in a suburban location with higher speed limits, it may not be the case.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Sounds like the bus may be toast. If the driver was pinned it has heavy front end damage and Pace doesn't have to keep the eldorkos for 12 years IIRC, Hard to say if the driver was speeding. Being its in a suburban location with higher speed limits, it may not be the case.

Not necessarily .I remember riding a bus that slid on a patch of black ice and took out a light pole.  It was out of service  for months.  Fast forward 2 years and it only was it running in regular service, I actually drove it regularly.  The gear shift was on the floor to the right of the driver.  The best way to put the bus in neutral was to just kick it out of gear, as neutral and reverse were very hard  shift back intuitive.  I dont know if the aforementioned accident had something to do with it .

Well it depends on whether they want to rebuild the front end. With it being next on the retirement list after the 6262s where will it be on the reliability scale in 2 years and then it's not a full size bus which makes it somewhat easier to write off. So I think it has more against it then for it.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:37 PM, artthouwill said:

Spotted 6651 broken down in Elmhurst on Rt 313.  Possibly just one example  why the  extra 6700s are needed at West.  Apparently they didn't have a  replacement for 6651 and passengers had to wait nearly one hour for the  next 313.

6651 was repaired and returned to service. It, along with 6612, may be the last two 6600s left.

By the way, W got all of the 6730s (6730-6739, 10 buses) over the weekend. The 6740s are still at N.

• Upvote 1