7500 Series NABI Videos

ajay

Hello. Just asking about the NABI 60 LFW. I couldnt find NO more then 3 videos that show the inside. One of the is 7646. Another one is a video a video titled "chicago downtown". Are there anymore videos of them?  Not just interior,but also outside. 

44 minutes ago, ajay said:

Hello. Just asking about the NABI 60 LFW. I couldnt find NO more then 3 videos that show the inside. One of the is 7646. Another one is a video a video titled "chicago downtown". Are there anymore videos of them?  Not just interior,but also outside. 

Junk retired after 4 years is not memorable But maybe you can Google some news stories about when they were taken off the street.

14 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Junk retired after 4 years is not memorable But maybe you can Google some news stories about when they were taken off the street.

Feb 2009 they were pulled off the streets. But Im sure you know that right?(not being smart. Just Saying)

14 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

I remember one ride on a Nabi Artic leaking rain water on me while on the LSD

But I agree with busjack they were JUNK and good riddance to them

The main things I remember is that while they looked like any artic with AMSECO seats, they squeaked a lot more, and the exit door buzzer would go off any time they made a left turn.

The problems were with the articulation joint. One DID pull apart - saw the two sections back to front at South Shops. Same exact problem killed Las Vegas' s Neoplan artics after about 6 years.  There were unproven allegations that CTA at least contributed to the problems when the suspensions were tinkered with so they would fit under the Wilson & Ravenswood bridge. Otherwise NABIs were reasonably decent buses.

4 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

The problems were with the articulation joint. One DID pull apart - saw the two sections back to front at South Shops. Same exact problem killed Las Vegas' s Neoplan artics after about 6 years.  There were unproven allegations that CTA at least contributed to the problems when the suspensions were tinkered with so they would fit under the Wilson & Ravenswood bridge. Otherwise NABIs were reasonably decent buses.

I rode their 40' cousins in LA and although they weren't as solid-feeling as NFI buses, they rode OK. Shame that they didn't make a decent 60' low-floor. The NABI BRTs in LA and San Diego, in my opinion, were uncomfortable to ride. Very bouncy and shaky. 

8 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

That's what killed 7542, but the inspections ordered by Dorval Carter recorded on this forum indicated that they were so structurally deficient generally that they weren't worth fixing.

Part of the lawsuit was against DD because the EGR filters plugged.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, andrethebusman said:

Funny thing about NABI's - Vegas had a lot of them when I drove there 2001-2006. 60 40-footers and 46 artics. Best riding and driving in fleet compared to yhe NFIL's. The artics lasted thru early-2010's, last few 40's still running in Laughlin today. 

But the artics were high-floor, which were operated by several TA's. Not sure why they were unable to build a solid low-floor artic, but they couldn't.

I would say blame should really be placed with whoever actually built the articulation joints. I'm sure NABI bought them from an outside supplier. Seems so did Neoplan, but NFIL dealt with somebody else. Much of any bus is actually bought from outside suppliers,  and if one of those makes a defective product the bus builder gets blamed. 

Leaking roofs seems to be an industry-wide problem going back many years, caused by how joints are caulked. Fishbowls (all versions) were notorious leakers. Remember when CTA in the early 1990's attempted to address the issue with saranwrap and a tar-like paint? Basically, as long as there are seams there will be leaks sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...