Fall 2019 Service Changes

TaylorTank1229

52 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

“Again” there’s no proof...  the 6400’s are still staying FG is getting more flyers pretty sure the ones C took which is 1796-1803

So you're assuming FG is going to lose #8343-#8349 and magically gain that block of buses (#1796-#1803) you mentioned back? Unless you think FG will gain something else to even out the ratio of possible #6400's that may get retired soon. 

22 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

So you're assuming FG is going to lose #8343-#8349 and magically gain that block of buses (#1796-#1803) you mentioned back? Unless you think FG will gain something else to even out the ratio of possible #6400's that may get retired soon. 

Lemme retype what I said 

Fall Pick Starts Sunday. 

FG will get MORE flyers (to possibly get rid of some 6400’s) and my evidence for that is since summer pick FG lost couple flyers to C because for the summer FG doesn’t need a lot of buses but since school and all that are starting up FG will be getting more flyers or the ones they lost 

8343-8349 I don’t think are going anywhere they are in the garage lined up one next to another all the way in the back off of Armstrong next to the wash 

On 8/28/2019 at 10:34 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Fall Pick starts Sunday??expect bus moves 

FG is expected to get 100% flyers 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:29 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

That was my point the whole time just people couldn’t understand I never said FG is losing their novas 

Geting 100% New Flyers is different than getting MORE New Flyers which contradicts your "point" that FG isn't (so you think) gong to lose any Novas.  You said and I quoted you above "FG is expected to get 100% flyers."   If you were misunderstood, its because you misspoke.Now your premise is that FG will get some Flyers to replace some 6400s.  Can you substantiate that with proof?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Geting 100% New Flyers is different than getting MORE New Flyers which contradicts your "point" that FG isn't (so you think) gong to lose any Novas.  You said and I quoted you above "FG is expected to get 100% flyers."   If you were misunderstood, its because you misspoke.Now your premise is that FG will get some Flyers to replace some 6400s.  Can you substantiate that with proof?

Let’s see.....there’s been rumors that 8343-8349 are leaving FG they haven’t been in service for weeks now and I seen them today parked up one by one right next to each other on the other side of Armstrong 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Let’s see.....there’s been rumors that 8343-8349 are leaving FG they haven’t been in service for weeks now and I seen them today parked up one by one right next to each other on the other side of Armstrong 

I said this to another user earlier in the week, that you need to do research thoroughly before posting anything. #8343-#8349 weren't out for about 4 or 5 days after the air and water show, the reason for that was unknown however most if not all 7 have been out once or twice since then. In order for FG to gain anything they'll have to give up something while also replacing whatever #6400's were retired recently. However I wouldn't know what top brass at CTA would do with the current situation at the Glen. I don't see any signs of possible moves in store for them except for school trips and those at the very least would be loaners if needed.

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, artthouwill said:

Coincided with opening of the Dan Ryan line and the Cermak  Chinatown station.  Now that station has an entrance on Archer.   The 24 can still serve the station and avoid the traffic entering and leaving the Chinatown feeder ramp serving the Dan Ryan and Stevenson Expressways.   Most of that traffic uses Cermak and Clark which backs up Cermak in both directions. 

In regards to the 24 reroute to Archer instead of Cermak between Clark and Wentworth, it sounds more like it was more due to heavy traffic on Cermak than serving the Cermak-Chinatown Red Line station. I don't recall it having a direct stop on Cermak itself. Traffic on Cermak in addition to how tight the Chinatown feeder is structured between Clark and Wentworth, made it difficult and even dangerous for that to be the case. Passengers disembarked either on Clark or Wentworth at Cermak and walked to the station. Direct service now is an added bonus of the reroute from the looks of things.

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

In regards to the 24 reroute to Archer instead of Cermak between Clark and Wentworth, it sounds more like it was more due to heavy traffic on Cermak than serving the Cermak-Chinatown Red Line station. I don't recall it having a direct stop on Cermak itself. Traffic on Cermak in addition to how tight the Chinatown feeder is structured between Clark and Wentworth, made it difficult and even dangerous for that to be the case. Passengers disembarked either on Clark or Wentworth at Cermak and walked to the station. Direct service now is an added bonus of the reroute from the looks of things.

The traffic backup was my point if you see that last sentence of my post.  The additional benefit is the new Archer entrance/exit to the Chinatown station.  I also mentioned the source of the traffic, the Chinatown feeder ramp.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, artthouwill said:

The traffic backup was my point if you see that last sentence of my post.  The additional benefit is the new Archer entrance/exit to the Chinatown station.  I also mentioned the source of the traffic, the Chinatown feeder ramp.

I got those points, but from the way you had your post worded it sounded as if you implied the 24 had a direct stop at the station when still routed on Cermak. I was pointing out that it did not, giving more weight to the point that the now having a direct station stop is an added bonus. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

I got those points, but from the way you had your post worded it sounded as if you implied the 24 had a direct stop at the station when still routed on Cermak. I was pointing out that it did not, giving more weight to the point that the now having a direct station stop is an added bonus. 

My quote was more of a response to @andrethebusman's post citing the Clark -Archer-Wentworth was the original 22A ( now 24) Wentworth routing until 1969.  I chimed in that the Clark - Cermak - Wentworth reroute coincided with the opening of the Chinatown station and the new Dan Ryan line, which occurred in 1969.  The reroute was to serve the new station.  We agree the purpose of the return to the original routing is to avoid the traffic although it seems like it hasn't happened yet.  

I remember the 22A and the 36A State.  I'm pretty sure there was a 50A (now 48) South Damen too.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2019 at 3:09 PM, joeysway said:

I've noticed that the 24 is still doing the Cermak-Clark route instead of the reroute. I'm guessing CTA is waiting for CDOT to finish paving Wentworth between Archer and Cermak before they start the new Wentworth-Archer route. 

Until roadwork done - late Sep+early Oct.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, artthouwill said:

My quote was more of a response to @andrethebusman's post citing the Clark -Archer-Wentworth was the original 22A ( now 24) Wentworth routing until 1969.  I chimed in that the Clark - Cermak - Wentworth reroute coincided with the opening of the Chinatown station and the new Dan Ryan line, which occurred in 1969.  The reroute was to serve the new station.  We agree the purpose of the return to the original routing is to avoid the traffic although it seems like it hasn't happened yet.  

I remember the 22A and the 36A State.  I'm pretty sure there was a 50A (now 48) South Damen too.

Before this reroute to the original route structure, I actually forgot that Wentworth continued a little bit further north beyond Cermak. And on that traffic point, I still find myself amazed that the 44's prior weekend terminus in the bus terminal wrapped around the station was possible because of how hectic traffic could be even on weekends because of the feeder ramp. 

24 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Before this reroute to the original route structure, I actually forgot that Wentworth continued a little bit further north beyond Cermak. And on that traffic point, I still find myself amazed that the 44's prior weekend terminus in the bus terminal wrapped around the station was possible because of how hectic traffic could be even on weekends because of the feeder ramp. 

True.  After the Orange Line opened, the 44 was cut to the Halsted Orange Line station on weekdays but inexplicably kept that Red Line Chinatown station routing on the weekends. It took a minute, but someone figured it out and made the proper adjustment. 

• Haha 1