Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

11 hours ago, Policeman said:

It hasn't been said in months that's why I'm asking

If you actually looked you would see that both of those buses are on legal hold from accidents, which means they'll be in limbo for months if not years until a settlement is reached and depending on the severity of the damage,age of the bus along with the overall cost for maintenance will play a role if CTA does decide to see if it's worth fixing. That's why buses like 1805 and 1821 are now retired after all these years due to several factors.

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

If you actually looked you would see that both of those buses are on legal hold from accidents, which means they'll be in limbo for months if not years until a settlement is reached and depending on the severity of the damage,age of the bus along with the overall cost for maintenance will play a role if CTA does decide to see if it's worth fixing. That's why buses like 1805 and 1821 are now retired after all these years due to several factors.

I thought 1821 would have came back it aint look that bad till I seen it in person in the boneyard

I've been seeing pictures on Twitter of the CTA crowds for Lolla, absolutely mind-boggling. Blue and Red Lines packed like sardines (and ofc the Blue Line has been running at terrible intervals, saw one pic where expected wait was 17, 28 & 32 mins). I wonder what the Metra trains are like. My grandmother said she'll be avoiding downtown while the festival is occurring, except to take the 3 to Northwestern, and I don't blame her. Personally, they should've never given the ok for this.

23 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I've been seeing pictures on Twitter of the CTA crowds for Lolla, absolutely mind-boggling. Blue and Red Lines packed like sardines (and ofc the Blue Line has been running at terrible intervals, saw one pic where expected wait was 17, 28 & 32 mins). I wonder what the Metra trains are like. My grandmother said she'll be avoiding downtown while the festival is occurring, except to take the 3 to Northwestern, and I don't blame her. Personally, they should've never given the ok for this.

Money talks. Plus it's the last year for Lolla here unless the contract gets extended. When was the last time lightfoot used good judgement? I've been avoiding downtown since the riots and pandemic and dont know if I'll ever feel safe there again. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:29 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

All they want is the money... 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Money talks. Plus it's the last year for Lolla here unless the contract gets extended. When was the last time lightfoot used good judgement? I've been avoiding downtown since the riots and pandemic and dont know if I'll ever feel safe there again. 

I see where you're coming from, I hardly stay in the downtown area after 7 PM especially on weekends during my family outings. To much chaos that goes on with these reckless teens running around starting problems and such with everyone. I feel safe to some degree but it depends on where I'm at in the downtown area and what time as well. I hardly ever go on the hot zone streets which are State,Wabash and Michigan. ??

37 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I see where you're coming from, I hardly stay in the downtown area after 7 PM especially on weekends during my family outings. To much chaos that goes on with these reckless teens running around starting problems and such with everyone. I feel safe to some degree but it depends on where I'm at in the downtown area and what time as well. I hardly ever go on the hot zone streets which are State,Wabash and Michigan. ??

I don't stay downtown after 5:35 pm at most?

21 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Downtown needs to be protected.   If those people and businesses leave. We will be the next Detroit, or worse the next Gary, Indiana. 

Just like the rest of the city needs to be protected but we dont get it we have 100 shootings ask for more police for protection we dont get it all we get is more officers who just wanna ride around & stop cars with expired tags use those plate readers for the same thing that just wanna lock people up they ask for it they get it but when you rich & white thats when the goverment gives a dam about you

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Just like the rest of the city needs to be protected but we dont get it we have 100 shootings ask for more police for protection we dont get it all we get is more officers who just wanna ride around & stop cars with expired tags use those plate readers for the same thing that just wanna lock people up they ask for it they get it but when you rich & white thats when the goverment gives a dam about you

The rest of the city needs to give up the criminals and stop this no snitch stuff.  People know what the jump off is, but they stay silent.   The rest of the city needs accountability.   The crime happens because the community allows it. The downtown community doesn't. 

22 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The rest of the city needs to give up the criminals and stop this no snitch stuff.  People know what the jump off is, but they stay silent.   The rest of the city needs accountability.   The crime happens because the community allows it. The downtown community doesn't. 

That's what I'm saying, it's sounds like a foreign concept to a majority of people that live in the inner city but that's how you make progress by getting rid of all of those past bs codes and habits to help create a better the future of the communities they live in.

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile I'm stuck on 79th once again and while heading WB this afternoon gunshots rang out when I was about to drop off these two seniors at Eberhart, I told them that it's a warzone out here and dropped them off further west as soon as I got to King drive. When I say everyone scattered like roaches down the street and into the alley they scattered. Luckily my bus wasn't hit or anything but for that to happen no more than a 1,000 feet is crazy. There was already a previous shooting an hour earlier on 79th and Cottage grove. I cant wait for the fall pick because being on the extra board again and getting stuck with 79th all day won't cut it for me.

36 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Meanwhile I'm stuck on 79th once again and while heading WB this afternoon gunshots rang out when I was about to drop off these two seniors at Eberhart, I told them that it's a warzone out here and dropped them off further west as soon as I got to King drive. When I say everyone scattered like roaches down the street and into the alley they scattered. Luckily my bus wasn't hit or anything but for that to happen no more than a 1,000 feet is crazy. There was already a previous shooting an hour earlier on 79th and Cottage grove. I cant wait for the fall pick because being on the extra board again and getting stuck with 79th all day won't cut it for me.

Are you gaining seniority this pick to get off the extras? Might be better off at another garage I know the whole city is hot but I can’t think of any hotter areas than south shore and over east along with 79th in general. I live on jeffry and breaking my lease to get the hell out of here myself ?

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yea tell the police who did it when the police dont even snitch on themselves naw plus why is it the police needs the public help when a normal shooting happens but when its 1 of their own they dont need the public help

38 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yea stick to another garage bro you can always go to FG the country club garage or to NP come fall pick idk I thibk i may wanna go over to C

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yea cuz downtown know that they can get poice protection they knows that city hall care about them & will give them whatever they want the rest of the city dont have that luxury 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Are you gaining seniority this pick to get off the extras? Might be better off at another garage I know the whole city is hot but I can’t think of any hotter areas than south shore and over east along with 79th in general. I live on jeffry and breaking my lease to get the hell out of here myself ?

My seniority isn't to bad so far, I've had a good start so far being full time on the extra board it's just 79th street that irks my skin to the core, I'd rather do it in the late evening than during the mid afternoon when usually all the chaos breaks out. Other than that the 9 to 10 hour runs I've gotten so far haven't been to bad, I had 87th all day Monday then 31st all day tuesday and tonight I just finished up my first half on 79th and have Halsted next. I've done a lot of OT as well which I did enjoy during Lollapalooza. ??I haven't been getting off as late as I thought I  would but I know that'll change once the new pick goes into effect this fall. I'm still not sure if I want to pick or not. 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea stick to another garage bro you can always go to FG the country club garage or to NP come fall pick idk I thibk i may wanna go over to C

Ehhh 77th is the easiest place to work at besides dealing with 79th. If anything I wanted to be at 74th but there's to much south side routes I would have to be on. My main street I'd try to stay on is Halsted and or King Drive. NP is a commuting nightmare along the Glen. 

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

My seniority isn't to bad so far, I've had a good start so far being full time on the extra board it's just 79th street that irks my skin to the core, I'd rather do it in the late evening than during the mid afternoon when usually all the chaos breaks out. Other than that the 9 to 10 hour runs I've gotten so far haven't been to bad, I had 87th all day Monday then 31st all day tuesday and tonight I just finished up my first half on 79th and have Halsted next. I've done a lot of OT as well which I did enjoy during Lollapalooza. ??I haven't been getting off as late as I thought I  would but I know that'll change once the new pick goes into effect this fall. I'm still not sure if I want to pick or not. 

Ehhh 77th is the easiest place to work at besides dealing with 79th. If anything I wanted to be at 74th but there's to much south side routes I would have to be on. My main street I'd try to stay on is Halsted and or King Drive. NP is a commuting nightmare along the Glen. 

Just saying bro if you want it with really no shootings or you can come to either k or C but yea I feel you a few people are like that