Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

23 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

1439 has some sort of acceleration lag? Only way to describe it, it took several seconds for the bus to pull off and during that time it sounded like the bus would if it were on the highway

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

5527 was like that driver would hit the gas you hear the motor kick in the bus woukd take a few seconds to start moving once it started moving it would take off slow af took about a whole block for it to reach 20 mph

I hated those 5300 series Flxbles.  They were indeed slow on take off and even slower on inclines.  I was once on a bus by 33rd and Kedzie and by the time we got to the top of that bridge, the bus was barely doing 5 mph.

2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I hated those 5300 series Flxbles.  They were indeed slow on take off and even slower on inclines.  I was once on a bus by 33rd and Kedzie and by the time we got to the top of that bridge, the bus was barely doing 5 mph.

I like them I low-key miss them lol but they was slow going up heal some on take off but 5454 was pretty quick tho

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

SB J14, Balbo/Michigan. You’d think it was the end of rush hour. Bus driver only never skipped anyone (got full at Dearborn) except for whoever was at Columbus/11th (driver proceeded straight onto LSD from Balbo).

436CCCEC-06DC-4BEE-9949-AA236F9AE8F6.jpeg

I'm not sure about now, but last night you couldn't sccedd Columbus or Lake Shore Drive from Roosevelt and Michigan.  I couldn't see if Columbus was blocked,  though WB WB traffic didn't seem to be affected   The police had Roosevelt blocked. 

30 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm not sure about now, but last night you couldn't sccedd Columbus or Lake Shore Drive from Roosevelt and Michigan.  I couldn't see if Columbus was blocked,  though WB WB traffic didn't seem to be affected   The police had Roosevelt blocked. 

Was is the bike cops? I’ve had more than 1 sudden reroute because of them. Last week they let my J14 and the 147 ahead of us drive into a march instead of sending us down Jackson to LSD or Balbo. Just today I caught the 151 from Union Station to take the J14 and they stopped the bus at Jackson & LaSalle, then the bus driver said he was going to State, and then taking that to Ohio before resuming the regular route

14 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Was is the bike cops? I’ve had more than 1 sudden reroute because of them. Last week they let my J14 and the 147 ahead of us drive into a march instead of sending us down Jackson to LSD or Balbo. Just today I caught the 151 from Union Station to take the J14 and they stopped the bus at Jackson & LaSalle, then the bus driver said he was going to State, and then taking that to Ohio before resuming the regular route

It was a squad SUV.  I figured it may be due to protests,  but now we have more protests.  People are protesting the removal of a Christopher Columbus statue from Grant Park.  Will Columbus Drive get a new name next?