Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

17 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Gotcha, thanks. I only noticed to today cause I saw a 55N come in and change to the 59, which then made me realize I’ve never seen the 165, 63W, 55A or 55N (I don’t even know what bay the 55A/N even stop at) at Midway before (under those routes at least) and I’ve only seen the 62H once. I don’t know how I miss them honestly, I’m usually at Midway for at least 10-30 minutes Tues-Sat. Oh well.

I double checked today, and there's no interline. 63W stands alone to itself as a separately operated route on Sundays. So I stand corrected by myself on that part. 

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It seems this is CTA’s new style of bus stop sign, I like it. Definitely easier to tell what routes are frequent/infrequent or more likely/less likely to be running at first glance.

C7F8390A-6A73-455F-B78D-5AB8ADD121BD.jpeg

CTA's bus stop signs are, in my opinion, the best I've seen in the US. this is a nice enhancement to multi-route signs where the map is impractical.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

CTA's bus stop signs are, in my opinion, the best I've seen in the US. this is a nice enhancement to multi-route signs where the map is impractical.

The 50`s and 60`s signs were not that bad either. Had perfect route descriptions of the routes. The color enhancements of the above sign improves the signs I described as it clearly brings brings out the route descriptions. I still believe money could be saved if the route description was worded for all directions by beginning with (operates between via etc.)  I think most passengers know which direction they want to go. 

34 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Have another other drivers seen they buses mostly empty today compared to a few days ago I guess people are broke since cta said u gotta pay again or lost they bus cards

Definitely lighter than usual. At one point I was a few minutes hot. I’m so used to rolling hard, because after the first few stops I’d already picked 15 plus

17 hours ago, sht6131 said:

The 50`s and 60`s signs were not that bad either. Had perfect route descriptions of the routes. The color enhancements of the above sign improves the signs I described as it clearly brings brings out the route descriptions. I still believe money could be saved if the route description was worded for all directions by beginning with (operates between via etc.)  I think most passengers know which direction they want to go. 

Totally agree. Sometimes, I think the narrative was more useful than the map. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:59 AM, sht6131 said:

I still believe money could be saved if the route description was worded for all directions by beginning with (operates between via etc.)  I think most passengers know which direction they want to go. 

This is often not the case with the amount of times people have asked me is such and such stop going the right way ?. The red line detours (59, 75, etc) often lead to confusion ?

5 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam nice catch bro I did see a train leavinf 63rd rail yard this morning

These have been here for a while, at least 3-4 and maybe longer than that (the 6-car set at least, the 4-car has either been positioned in such a way, I can’t see it when my train leaves/arrives Midway or it truly hasn’t been in the yard before today

Well, a group of bikers has taken over the intersection of Michigan/Ida B in protest. Had to high tail it from Van Buren to Monroe to catch my bus, which is what I get for being lazy and not just getting on the green line. I am surprised Harrison, Adams/Wabash & Harold Washington Library haven’t yet been closed down ?

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

These have been here for a while, at least 3-4 and maybe longer than that (the 6-car set at least, the 4-car has either been positioned in such a way, I can’t see it when my train leaves/arrives Midway or it truly hasn’t been in the yard before today

Aw ok

Is it bad or not that I had to ask the lady at the train station at 63rd & cottage which bus card would I need just to go downtown to traffic court & back I was like dam I didnt know this but I work for these people forgot they even had a bus card that was good for 2 hours ??

50 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Is it bad or not that I had to ask the lady at the train station at 63rd & cottage which bus card would I need just to go downtown to traffic court & back I was like dam I didnt know this but I work for these people forgot they even had a bus card that was good for 2 hours ??

It's real bad.  I thought CTA employees rode free.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It's real bad.  I thought CTA employees rode free.

U know what I forgot all bout the dam bus card I aint never used it since I got it its in my wallet collecting dust I just had to go downtown for traffic court which its still closed but I spend $3 on a 2 hour bus card

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I will never understand having artics out past 9 pm on king drive of all places....

Screenshot_20200627-214424_Chrome.jpg

I see only one, could it just be a driver heading back south trying to get some last few hours in? 

Also, this makes me realize the 4 could probably run out of 103rd when/if all these garage assignments go back to normal 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I see only one, could it just be a driver heading back south trying to get some last few hours in? 

Also, this makes me realize the 4 could probably run out of 103rd when/if all these garage assignments go back to normal 

The thing is they've been quietly running them after peak rush periods during the work week and now the weekends. 

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I will never understand having artics out past 9 pm on king drive of all places....

Screenshot_20200627-214424_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The thing is they've been quietly running them after peak rush periods during the work week and now the weekends. 

23 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I said the same but since I guess more things opened back up more people floating around late at night now 

That was actually from an interline. Later in the day and into the evening 3 and 4 interline at Chicago state terminal. And since #4 started getting regular artics again what you're seen is an artic popping up on #3 that was likely a #4 run earlier in the day. Matter of fact the screenshot shows that the artic was on the #4 most of the day before it did a run on King drive. Idk if it's still a thing or not but I actually remember a few overnight #4's would do a run on King drive before interlining and doing night car

21 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

That was actually from an interline. Later in the day and into the evening 3 and 4 interline at Chicago state terminal. And since #4 started getting regular artics again what you're seen is an artic popping up on #3 that was likely a #4 run earlier in the day. Matter of fact the screenshot shows that the artic was on the #4 most of the day before it did a run on King drive. Idk if it's still a thing or not but I actually remember a few overnight #4's would do a run on King drive before interlining and doing night car

You're correct on the interline part. However, most runs transition from king drive to cottage grove at time of night but I should of mentioned this yesterday evening that this was a late pull out from the garage which I found to be quite strange, the past few weekends runs haven't been getting filled throughout the course of the day on certain streets such as 79th,King Drive and Cottage Grove. I was lucky enough to get a relief last night while operating on 87th. I came straight into the garage area and saw three 4000's sitting idle waiting to pullout and one run was 380 which is a King Drive run while the other two were 678 and 679 which were night-owls on 79th. Normally all PM runs past 8 are filled will 7900's and the occasional #1000's.