Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I've been at home since my shift last night, so many people on Cottage Grove going to work last night were upset at the situation as it unfolded, essential workers are going to be trapped tonight due to the shutdown.  

Yeah, I was actually planning to work Twilight & Midnight shifts tonight at FedEx for extra money, but after I got the curfew notice last night, I was going to wait, then I saw what was unfolding across the city and just decided to stay home.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Its Uber/Lyft or bust.

No it's not. Lyft is paying attention to the curfew, no rides can be given by drivers here in Cook county. Uber you can still use. It was surging heavy last night in the whole city, but I didn't turn it on. I like my car!! Lol!! I did work my other job today driving the UPS workers from 95th/red line to UPS at 5pm. . Saw no buses at 95th/red line. That was surreal!! There was heavy looting at 95th/halsted at a beauty supply place, cars coming in and out, people going in and out. It really was a free for all. A few broken windows, the walgreens at ashland got hit but the police were there. Can't have Beverly go up in smoke. The currency at the ryan was hit as well as a doctors office over just west of wentworth. Don't get that one. I was supposed to work Chicago heights at 11pm but ups canceled the route. I had a problem there last week, some youths were throwing bricks at everything people the terminal, my bus. I picked up a few people from the terminal cause I was doing an #890. Told them I'll take them to harvey transportation center because these kids were assaulting people. So I got out of there. Unfortunately I got a gash in the back of the bus. My Supervisors know, so I wasn't really inclined to repeat that. Got a big surprise on the tri state, I'll post it under another topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

No it's not. Lyft is paying attention to the curfew, no rides can be given by drivers here in Cook county. Uber you can still use. It was surging heavy last night in the whole city, but I didn't turn it on. I like my car!! Lol!! I did work my other job today driving the UPS workers from 95th/red line to UPS at 5pm. . Saw no buses at 95th/red line. That was surreal!! There was heavy looting at 95th/halsted at a beauty supply place, cars coming in and out, people going in and out. It really was a free for all. A few broken windows, the walgreens at ashland got hit but the police were there. Can't have Beverly go up in smoke. The currency at the ryan was hit as well as a doctors office over just west of wentworth. Don't get that one. I was supposed to work Chicago heights at 11pm but ups canceled the route. I had a problem there last week, some youths were throwing bricks at everything people the terminal, my bus. I picked up a few people from the terminal cause I was doing an #890. Told them I'll take them to harvey transportation center because these kids were assaulting people. So I got out of there. Unfortunately I got a gash in the back of the bus. My Supervisors know, so I wasn't really inclined to repeat that. Got a big surprise on the tri state, I'll post it under another topic.

What type of bus do you drive?

The 47th, Western, Fullerton cordon is in effect once again. Not sure what this means, since some routes can be expected not to run (such as 1, 2, 31, downtown only routes, etc) but not sure what this means for routes that have a significant portion of their route inside the affected area (6, 9, 35, 50, etc)

38 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The 47th, Western, Fullerton cordon is in effect once again. Not sure what this means, since some routes can be expected not to run (such as 1, 2, 31, downtown only routes, etc) but not sure what this means for routes that have a significant portion of their route inside the affected area (6, 9, 35, 50, etc)

Good question.   I would imagine the 6 running to 47th, if at all.  The 8 and 9 could run in 2 sections, from 47th south and from Fullerton north.  I would run the 3 and the 4 as an interline.  NB 3s become SB 4s and NB 4s become SB 3s.  Considering 47th is a mess, are they turning buses at 51st?

Yesterday the exit ramps to 87th and Garfield were backlogged onto the Dan Ryan.  Exits to Canalport, Roosevelt,  and Congress (Ida B. Wells) were closed.  Quick rant.  How come Welks wasn't renamed Ida B. Wells?  Now we have an intersection of Ida B. Wells and Wells.

The 28 already ends at 47th and the 15 can handle Jeffery without the J14.  I do think there will be a lot of pressure on East West bus routes, especially those that connect to rail service from 47th south and Fullerton north.  I would also assume Brown Line trains are running shuttles between Kimball and Belmont. Are Orange Line trains only running between Midway and Western?  How about Pink Line trains between 54/Cermak and Western?  I'm guessing Green Line trains run Express from 47th to California?  Blue Line trains running Express between California and Western Forest Park branch?  I'm sure Red Line will run Express from 47th to Fullerton.  Will some dummy attempt to pull the cherry in the downtown zone?

With CTA suspended all service again for lockdown (curfew)?

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Good question.   I would imagine the 6 running to 47th, if at all.  The 8 and 9 could run in 2 sections, from 47th south and from Fullerton north.  I would run the 3 and the 4 as an interline.  NB 3s become SB 4s and NB 4s become SB 3s.  Considering 47th is a mess, are they turning buses at 51st?

Yesterday the exit ramps to 87th and Garfield were backlogged onto the Dan Ryan.  Exits to Canalport, Roosevelt,  and Congress (Ida B. Wells) were closed.  Quick rant.  How come Welks wasn't renamed Ida B. Wells?  Now we have an intersection of Ida B. Wells and Wells.

The 28 already ends at 47th and the 15 can handle Jeffery without the J14.  I do think there will be a lot of pressure on East West bus routes, especially those that connect to rail service from 47th south and Fullerton north.  I would also assume Brown Line trains are running shuttles between Kimball and Belmont. Are Orange Line trains only running between Midway and Western?  How about Pink Line trains between 54/Cermak and Western?  I'm guessing Green Line trains run Express from 47th to California?  Blue Line trains running Express between California and Western Forest Park branch?  I'm sure Red Line will run Express from 47th to Fullerton.  Will some dummy attempt to pull the cherry in the downtown zone?

With CTA suspended all service again for lockdown (curfew)?

CTA service suspended at 9:30p

Green Line trains did not run through, can't say for the rest of the lines. Trains were stopped and inspected for passengers before continuing, although Lake Branch Green Line trains didn't run through. Terminus for trains as follows:

• Orange Line: Midway to 35th/Archer
  • Green Line: Harlem to California, 47th to 63rd
  • Brown Line: Kimball to Belmont
  • Purple Line Exp: Linden to Belmont
  • Red Line: Howard to Belmont, 47th to 95th
  • Pink Line: 54th/Cermak to Western
  • Blue Line: O'Hare to Western, Forest Park to Western

Almost every grocery store near us had been hit and we couldn't get to the ones downtown, so we ended up going to the Whole Foods in River Forest. Had to take the 75 to the 94, then get on the Green Line. Lot of people waiting for the bus at 47th/Western, for the 47, 49 and 94.

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

CTA service suspended at 9:30p

Green Line trains did not run through, can't say for the rest of the lines. Trains were stopped and inspected for passengers before continuing, although Lake Branch Green Line trains didn't run through. Terminus for trains as follows:

• Orange Line: Midway to 35th/Archer
  • Green Line: Harlem to California, 47th to 63rd
  • Brown Line: Kimball to Belmont
  • Purple Line Exp: Linden to Belmont
  • Red Line: Howard to Belmont, 47th to 95th
  • Pink Line: 54th/Cermak to Western
  • Blue Line: O'Hare to Western, Forest Park to Western

Almost every grocery store near us had been hit and we couldn't get to the ones downtown, so we ended up going to the Whole Foods in River Forest. Had to take the 75 to the 94, then get on the Green Line. Lot of people waiting for the bus at 47th/Western, for the 47, 49 and 94.

From about 3pm yesterday

• Red line: Howard to Sheridan
  • Brown Line: Kimball to Southport
  • Purple Line Express: not running south of Howard

From about 6:15pm

• Red Line; not running Howard to Sheridan

Well, not sure what’s going on this morning. Boarded a 79 bus for Ford City after having to run across the street to catch it (about 7 people waiting for a bus). Driver skipped a lot of people, at least 10+ folks waiting at the Red Line, Halsted, Racine and the 30-something folks on an artic that stopped at Wentworth. We get to Western, only for the supervisor to say she was going to Pulaski/81st instead and now there’s a 25 min wait for another WB bus. I’m at 79th/Western as I type and for once, there are no CTA buses here, layover or otherwise, and it’s been like this for at least 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

From about 3pm yesterday

• Red line: Howard to Sheridan
  • Brown Line: Kimball to Southport
  • Purple Line Express: not running south of Howard

From about 6:15pm

• Red Line; not running Howard to Sheridan

Must’ve been because of the Uptown Target protests

14 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Well, not sure what’s going on this morning. Boarded a 79 bus for Ford City after having to run across the street to catch it (about 7 people waiting for a bus). Driver skipped a lot of people, at least 10+ folks waiting at the Red Line, Halsted, Racine and the 30-something folks on an artic that stopped at Wentworth. We get to Western, only for the supervisor to say she was going to Pulaski/81st instead and now there’s a 25 min wait for another WB bus. I’m at 79th/Western as I type and for once, there are no CTA buses here, layover or otherwise, and it’s been like this for at least 10 minutes.

Apparently no 79 buses are going west of Pulaski

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Green line trains are standing well basically not running pass or before 35th but definitely not going to 47th due to CFD spraying water while crews tear down buildings on 47th right next to the green line 

Wtf??

On Monday, knowing that downtown was closed, I was planning to take the 52 to the 77 to go to work (usually I take 52>Pink>146). But the 77 wasn’t running east of Western, so I had to take an Uber from the nearest 52 stop at Belmont and Rockwell, and on the way back I didn’t feel like spending money again so I walked from my work all the way to Belmont/California (over 3 miles). I can’t keep this up every day, I don’t know what I’m going to do.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Protecting Ford city

They need to make an alert then. They stranded a lot of FedEx workers, a lot of people had to walk from Pulaski to Cicero to catch the 379

and since the orange line isn’t going to Roosevelt and going to work is a $30-$40 Uber 1-way, now I’m forced to take the 386-381-3 home or 386/379-55/47/59-3

Good luck with uber. Its surging hard in three quarters of the city. But unemployment pays more. I've been lightly working myself at the bus company but I haven't ubered in a week and a half. Any charters I take are voluntary so I can work to my limit. The way things have been I dont know if I want to travel the city unless I'm in a bus. 

I heard that any Pace bus operators that drive during the curfew get paid  for hours scheduled they cant work. I assume the cta is the same way. If they are 3rd shift they essentially have a free weeks pay. I dont see things changing this week. 

1 hour ago, KedziePink said:

On Monday, knowing that downtown was closed, I was planning to take the 52 to the 77 to go to work (usually I take 52>Pink>146). But the 77 wasn’t running east of Western, so I had to take an Uber from the nearest 52 stop at Belmont and Rockwell, and on the way back I didn’t feel like spending money again so I walked from my work all the way to Belmont/California (over 3 miles). I can’t keep this up every day, I don’t know what I’m going to do.

How about 52 to 152? The walk from Addison might be shorter.

Bus Map 6-2-2020.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Good luck with uber. Its surging hard in three quarters of the city. But unemployment pays more. I've been lightly working myself at the bus company but I haven't ubered in a week and a half. Any charters I take are voluntary so I can work to my limit. The way things have been I dont know if I want to travel the city unless I'm in a bus. 

I heard that any Pace bus operators that drive during the curfew get paid  for hours scheduled they cant work. I assume the cta is the same way. If they are 3rd shift they essentially have a free weeks pay. I dont see things changing this week. 

Yeah, I’ve used Lyft for about the first time since I partially moved back this week. The prices for Uber have been truly outstanding, especially in areas where there really shouldn’t be any surging (Burbank, Oak Lawn, etc)