Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

18 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Now I know every driver then experience this before dont y'all hate when people act tough come close to you talking big bs until you put bus in park then they go sit down cuz common sense then hit them 

I remember the video in Cleveland when the female passenger spit on the Male driver.  He was no small dude so he KO'd her.  Act like a man,  get treated like a man. 

• Upvote 3

One of my cousins has a friend that’s a CTA bus driver and he was told that since a lot of buses don’t have ventra fare readers and buses aren’t collecting fares, so after this crisis is over CTAs going to lay off a lot of employees and cut bus routes around all across. If CTA were to cut bus routes in a budget short fall, what would be the first bus routes to get cut?

7 minutes ago, Javi78 said:

One of my cousins has a friend that’s a CTA bus driver and he was told that since a lot of buses don’t have ventra fare readers and buses aren’t collecting fares, so after this crisis is over CTAs going to lay off a lot of employees and cut bus routes around all across. If CTA were to cut bus routes in a budget short fall, what would be the first bus routes to get cut?

• X routes
  • 85A

Could all probably be up for consideration. There's probably bound to be service cuts more than outright cancellations (39 weekend service gone, for example)

3 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:
  • X routes
  • 85A

Could all probably be up for consideration. There's probably bound to be service cuts more than outright cancellations (39 weekend service gone, for example)

I agree with these routes with the possible exception of the X9 and X49.   When these routes were "cut" in 2007, the buses were just converted to locals. And when they were reintroduced,  most of the then locals were converted to Xs. So in rwa, there's no need to cut the X service if all they are going to do is convert them to locals.  I would truncate the 28 to 47th at all times (eliminating the Express service to downtown).  I would also elimuna the 134, 135, 143, and 148 until ridership rebounded enough to reinstate them.

I would also add the 48 to that list. 

6 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I agree with these routes with the possible exception of the X9 and X49.   When these routes were "cut" in 2007, the buses were just converted to locals. And when they were reintroduced,  most of the then locals were converted to Xs. So in rwa, there's no need to cut the X service if all they are going to do is convert them to locals.  I would truncate the 28 to 47th at all times (eliminating the Express service to downtown).  I would also elimuna the 134, 135, 143, and 148 until ridership rebounded enough to reinstate them.

I would also add the 48 to that list. 

28 needs to go downtown, even if only during rush hour. Stony Island is the only N/S street east of the ryan with no bus connection to downtown or a cta train during all regular service hours. Especially since if most people transfer to the 6, they're going to do it at 47th/Lake Park and not 67th/Stony Island, which is more than likely going to be an already crowded bus. I'd even rather see the original 47/28 alignment along 47th then leave Stony Island w/o an L connection or downtown connection.

I agree with the 48 (don't know how I missed that) and the North LSD routes

3 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

28 needs to go downtown, even if only during rush hour. Stony Island is the only N/S street east of the ryan with no bus connection to downtown or a cta train during all regular service hours.

I agree with the 48 (don't know how I missed that) and the North LSD routes

They at least would still need the 146 and 147 to have a faster alternative to the red line and 151.