Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Fall back shelters/relief point waiting areas. Basically due to everything being closed due to COVID-19 buses are being staged at relief points since waiting inside the nearest restaurant or so while your driver to switch with comes is out of the question.

10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

They do pull in and out from the west ends for the first and last few runs but they use the nearest stop to I-57 to do it and head over to the bishop Ford for the garage. I think 103rd just has the extra buses since it's more communter based than 77th. 

Didn't catch it this morning since I had to take the train (thanks whoever is scheduling the 79) but I did see in the evening that a Nova from 77th (79##, had a 7 sticker) was waiting and then a shoebox from 103rd (10##, I think, looking at a distance, had a 3 sticker).

I also noticed CTA is using Lafayette and State to hold artics for relief is my assumption, I usually spot 1-2 coming and going each morning and afternoon

4103 had a ventra reader in the back today that absolutely no one who boarded the bus used bar 1-2 people out of a crowd of 10 getting on and then picking people up further. I hadn't considered how they're going to have the bus driver enforce using the reader. I for one am not looking forward to having to pay for a 30-day CTA/Pace pass and then not even being able to use the Pace function

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Train ridership has to be at an all time low. My Red and Orange line trains today were almost completely empty. Orange and Green (to Ash/63) trains are using 8-car consists however

That's a surprise.   I've always felt the Harlem and Ashland/63 service could use 8 car consists.  I know Cottage Grove trains are stuck using 6 car consists because someone didn't properly measure the correct amount of structure needed at Cottage Grove to berth 8 car consists.  Ironic that Ashland/63 service had 8 car consists during the pandemic but was otherwise running 6 car consists.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Train ridership has to be at an all time low. My Red and Orange line trains today were almost completely empty. Orange and Green (to Ash/63) trains are using 8-car consists however

Green line only run 6 cars broham cuz I worked the green line before I when they run full 4 during late evening & midday

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Green line only run 6 cars broham cuz I worked the green line before I when they run full 4 during late evening & midday

I counted the number of cars in every consist I saw today. 1 Red Line to Howard, 2 Orange Lines to Midway, 1 Orange Line to Loop and 1 Green Line to Ash/63, all 8-car trains

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I counted the number of cars in every consist I saw today. 1 Red Line to Howard, 2 Orange Lines to Midway, 1 Orange Line to Loop and 1 Green Line to Ash/63, all 8-car trains

Oh running to Ashland yea I was thinking to cottage Grove I've seen em run to Ashland with 8 cars before myself see I came from the rails & every train I took to Ashland was 6 cars but they could be then switched it up since I switched to the bus side of the game 

Roll call are all of the drivers & people who take us everyday good y'all healthy & yesterday evening I had a couple who came to the front of my bus & told me they would like to thank me & the rest of the drivers who come in day in & day out & get people to their destinations that felt good & made my day 

39 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Roll call are all of the drivers & people who take us everyday good y'all healthy & yesterday evening I had a couple who came to the front of my bus & told me they would like to thank me & the rest of the drivers who come in day in & day out & get people to their destinations that felt good & made my day 

It definitely feels good to get a thank you every now and then. Because you never expect it. This is what we do 

20 minutes ago, MrH345 said:

It definitely feels good to get a thank you every now and then. Because you never expect it. This is what we do 

Exactly bro i turned my head & looked at em & stare cuz I didn't know what to say at first then I was like thank you & they asked me what time I was gone be heading back west on Roosevelt I told them at 1828 I'm supposed to be back at Roosevelt & state going to Central & they waited for me to pull up since I was running empty  I opened the front doors & let them get on up front 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, Sam92 said:

Fall back shelters/relief point waiting areas. Basically due to everything being closed due to COVID-19 buses are being staged at relief points since waiting inside the nearest restaurant or so while your driver to switch with comes is out of the question.

Well today, it was a bus from 77th and not 103rd. Also spotted 3 drivers just waiting on the raised brick section next to the school. The bus even had a special headsign, although I only caught the second half, which said "WARMING BUS"

35 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What's up with 1249's headsign? I saw it today and instead of the "79 79TH" then "TO WESTERN", it just fit all of that on at once, no changing. Text was also extremely blocky

it has the LED signs like the 8325’s so probably was able to fit it at once i haven’t seen 1249 on 79th in a while

15 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Had 1214 today on the 82 & it's got a K sticker so it's our bus now 7 aint getting it back ??? 

77th will most likely get there #1200's back once things start opening back up again in a few months or so. Stickers aren't always a tell tell sign that a bus move is permanent because a majority of the loaned #4000's we have currently still have there respective garage stickers on them. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

77th will most likely get there #1200's back once things start opening back up again in a few months or so. Stickers aren't always a tell tell sign that a bus move is permanent because a majority of the loaned #4000's we have currently still have there respective garage stickers on them. 

I know bro I'm just talking bs I know that y'all gone get y'all 12's back until they do a bus swap again

I hope it wasn't @YoungBusLover who didn't show up for their relief today leaving us waiting in front of 77th on the bus for 10 mins ?

Jokes aside, I saw a WB 79 today headed to "PULASKI/#1ST" in which the number was a 6 or a 7 I believe. Anyone know what that's about? I checked my bus tracker to see if that was the actual headsign, but it didn't show up, only a 79 to Western in 9 mins

11 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I hope it wasn't @YoungBusLover who didn't show up for their relief today leaving us waiting in front of 77th on the bus for 10 mins ?

Jokes aside, I saw a WB 79 today headed to "PULASKI/#1ST" in which the number was a 6 or a 7 I believe. Anyone know what that's about? I checked my bus tracker to see if that was the actual headsign, but it didn't show up, only a 79 to Western in 9 mins

79 to Pulaski and 81st is a Bogan High school trip

2 hours ago, Javi78 said:

Where did the 50 Damen turn around before the creation of the orange line? 

Southbound buses, when they switches from streetcars to buses, in 1951, would end at Damen/Blue Island, operating in a Damen, Coulter, Hoyne, Blue Island, Damen loop. In 1966, funnily enough, some rush hour buses ran further south to 35th, doing a Damen, 34th, Hoyne, 35th, Damen loop, although this service would be discontinued 3 years later, then resumed 2 years after that, then discontinued again 2 years later (now 1973). The Orange Line and all its stations opened 10/31/93, although the 50 wouldn't be extended to 35th/Archer until 6/18/94, for reasons I don't know