Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:
  • We don't know he/she gave that warning, even if it might be true
  • I also don't think it's just that easy to get involved either
  • I do sympathize about the current plight bus drivers are facing right now

That being said, I'll elect to table this conversation between us here, mostly because I think we generally agree with each other on the basics (these teens could've prevented this from happening) and the other details we don't see eye to eye on will just derail any further conversation. I understand where you're coming from, especially on the treatment of bus drivers and for the most part, I agree.

Yea I definitely agree with bro we get treated like sh** & I've had times where I just wanted to strangle a person or just beat them with my military training

11 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Let me ask you this then, you wanted to be an officer in the future, how would you of handled a situation like that? Staying in the proper guidelines of the department I might add.

First I'll come & ask what's going on get both parties sides cuz it's 2 sides to every story then if the driver still want em off I'll be like fellas come on & honestly ask them where is they going & give them a ride there try to calm it down or either talk with the driver &  or he other party to try & get the show back on the road because honestly if it was just for talking loud that's not work fighting & going off the street a hour or more doing arrest report when it's gone be throwed out in court also that hour or so spend doing the arrest report that's a hour that you could have been looking for somebody with a gun or drugs or a stolen car something really worth the paperwork

17 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Let me ask you this then, you wanted to be an officer in the future, how would you of handled a situation like that? Staying in the proper guidelines of the department I might add.

Also sometimes guide lines don't work sometimes common sense & talking to people like human is the best guidelines 

13 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'll end it on this note, it's easy when done correctly to remove someone, I won't say how but a few veteran operators gave me some well needed insight on it.

I definitely agree a vet just told me this morning she pulled me to the side & said rookie this the way you gotta handle things when on the clock she told me next time let a dumb person talk don't get out your seat & say step off the bus & that I'm young with tittie milk behind my ear still & got my whole career ahead of me & that I'm a good driver don't let stupid people make you show your street side when you here 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I definitely agree a vet just told me this morning she pulled me to the side & said rookie this the way you gotta handle things when on the clock she told me next time let a dumb person talk don't get out your seat & say step off the bus & that I'm young with tittie milk behind my ear still & got my whole career ahead of me & that I'm a good driver don't let stupid people make you show your street side when you here 

Yeah that's good advice. That's why you have a bus alarm. You only need to tell them to exit one time and you now have justification to hit the alarm. Let the cops deal with it.

Was noticing yesterday, especially in the hood, ridership is climbing. You have like 10 guys waiting at bus stops. I was counting a good 12 at North/Cicero. I think this free bus rides will end up biting cta in the butt. They need to equip those buses with card readers. There's alot of buses that don't even have them. Do they still enforce the 15 person rule because I would be passing these guys up if I was in the right. Traffic in general on the street is climbing. Don't know where everyone is going but there out there.

You think it's bad now. I think there's gonna be big problems when this mandatory mask thing starts. You will have to enforce that, I wonder can you pass a rider that doesn't wear a mask? I would be asking management that question. Many people can't even locate a mask and city is not providing one. I only have one mask and it's because someone gave it to me.

As far the police incident. The cops must not be too bright. Here they are with cameras all over the bus and they kick the suspect??? Then you have people out here wanting to stick it to the police. It's hard for everyone to do there job these days. Sometimes its better to just hang around and be non combative, you'll keep your job. It's just the society the cameras put us in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah that's good advice. That's why you have a bus alarm. You only need to tell them to exit one time and you now have justification to hit the alarm. Let the cops deal with it.

Was noticing yesterday, especially in the hood, ridership is climbing. You have like 10 guys waiting at bus stops. I was counting a good 12 at North/Cicero. I think this free bus rides will end up biting cta in the butt. They need to equip those buses with card readers. There's alot of buses that don't even have them. Do they still enforce the 15 person rule because I would be passing these guys up if I was in the right. Traffic in general on the street is climbing. Don't know where everyone is going but there out there.

You think it's bad now. I think there's gonna be big problems when this mandatory mask thing starts. You will have to enforce that, I wonder can you pass a rider that doesn't wear a mask? I would be asking management that question. Many people can't even locate a mask and city is not providing one. I only have one mask and it's because someone gave it to me.

As far the police incident. The cops must not be too bright. Here they are with cameras all over the bus and they kick the suspect??? Then you have people out here wanting to stick it to the police. It's hard for everyone to do there job these days. Sometimes its better to just hang around and be non combative, you'll keep your job. It's just the society the cameras put us in.

Exactly & yea I be passing up people when my bus is more then 15 people on it & yea I'll start doing that when somebody start talking big bs on my bus & yea it's cameras everywhere we are on somebody camera somewhere nowadays

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It depends on the bus driver, but most I've seen are definitely skipping stops. People are starting to catch on (like I have, I walk to 79th & King to catch the 79) and are walking the short distance to intersections where they know the bus will stop (Halsted, Morgan, Racine, Ashland, Western, Wood, Kedzie, Pulaski, etc). Some, like the lady I spoke about the other day, get really nasty with it, but what I've seen so far is that they'll skip stops if the bus is full, but they won't regulate how many get on the bus when they do stop (Like my 79 was standing room only when I got on this morning). Routes with multiple destinations and/or don't serve the full route are suffering the most for sure.

Somewhat related is that three 79 buses pulled up to the red line this morning, the one I was on to Ford City (Nova), one to what we found out was Wentworth (artic) and one to Western (shoebox). We had been holding for a minute at the station when the supervisor boards and says some of us need to move to the other bus and this one won't move until that happens. Someone responds back is it going to Ford City (like the one we're on) and he say they're both now going to Western and only 1-3 people get off the bus (it's still more than 15 people). So then it just becomes a staring match btwn the supervisor and passengers.until the supervisor finally gets off.?

Edited by NewFlyerMCI
fixed grammer

26 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It depends on the bus driver, but most I've seen are definitely skipping stops. People are starting to catch on (like I have, I walk to 79th & King to catch the 79) and are walking the short distance to intersections where they know the bus will stop (Halsted, Morgan, Racine, Ashland, Western, Wood, Kedzie, Pulaski, etc). Some, like the lady I spoke about the other day, get really nasty with it, but what I've seen so far is that they'll skip stops if the bus is full, but they won't regulate how many get on the bus when they do stop (Like my 79 was standing room only when I got on this morning). Routes with multiple destinations and/or don't serve the full route are suffering the most for sure.

Somewhat related is that one 79 buses pulled up to the red line this morning, the one I was on to Ford City (Nova), one to what we found out was Wentworth (artic) and one to Western (shoebox). We had been holding for a minute at the station when the supervisor boards and says some of us need to move to the other bus and this one won't move until that happens. Someone responds back is it going to Ford City (like the one we're on) and he say they're both now going to Western and only 1-3 people get off the bus (it's still more than 15 people). So then it just becomes a staring match btwn the supervisor and passenger until he finally gets off.?

Smh I know I don't regulate mines I just look in the mirror & see what I think is more then 15 people & I start flying pass stops but I stop at the main streets like Friday when I was on the 12 I stopped at Ashland Damen Western & Cali kedize till my bus was almost empty

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

1798 still rolling around with a C & a F sticker I guess C said why take sticker off when we gone send it right back & F says the samething 

IMG_20200429_093535926_HDR.jpg

1796 and 97 had the same thing but they took the “C” off

1393 1054 1796 1797 1798 all have “F” idk bout 1394 all of 7’s buses will roll with “7” cuz they will go back no doubt so will K’s flyers and 6’s nova’s and P’s flyers 

all of 103rd’s flyers have “3” except for 1169 which is “F”

1799-1825 already have “P” on em (some of em so far)?? so quick to change stickers 

22 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1393 1054 1796 1797 1798 all have “F” idk bout 1394 all of 7’s buses will roll with “7” cuz they will go back no doubt so will K’s flyers and 6’s nova’s and P’s flyers 

1799-1825 already have “P” on em (some of em so far)?? so quick to change stickers 

Well the Nova's at K been there before this kicked off so I think they staying but the flyers yea & I told young bus lover that we keeping 1235 they ain't getting that back ?? that drives & handles good & NP & 7 be quick to change the stickers  like they change them almost as soon as I they get em 

24 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

But I think all the buses gone go back & if it is permanent C ain't change none of the stickers on the buses they got from 3 or NP

51 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

But I think all the buses gone go back & if it is permanent C ain't change none of the stickers on the buses they got from 3 or NP

4000’s will go back to their garages 

52 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Well the Nova's at K been there before this kicked off so I think they staying but the flyers yea & I told young bus lover that we keeping 1235 they ain't getting that back ?? that drives & handles good & NP & 7 be quick to change the stickers  like they change them almost as soon as I they get em 

all of 7’s buses from K will go back those are just there for the 4000’s K lost to 7

2 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4000’s will go back to their garages 

all of 7’s buses from K will go back those are just there for the 4000’s K lost to 7

I know I was just playing but I believe the few 79's K got are staying cuz they was there before Corona lashay virus really showed her a**

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

In the mornings, there's a bus from 103rd that sits on NB Pulaski right before the Pulaski and 79th intersection, does anyone know why this is? I've seen it almost everyday around 10:30a since last Tuesday. It is usually a shoebox, but has been an artic at least once or twice.

I don't know.   My guess is that it comes from either the 103 or the 112, possibly the 119 or a long shot 169.  U suppose if 79th needs help, that bus can run a trip to the Red Line.  I guess that bus would otherwise be heading to the garage.   The odd thing is I would think those bus routes would pull in from 95th Red Line rather than the west end of those routes.

14 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know.   My guess is that it comes from either the 103 or the 112, possibly the 119 or a long shot 169.  U suppose if 79th needs help, that bus can run a trip to the Red Line.  I guess that bus would otherwise be heading to the garage.   The odd thing is I would think those bus routes would pull in from 95th Red Line rather than the west end of those routes.

Outside of shift changes for FedEx, Tootsie Roll and Dart, west of Western doesn't see much ridership, especially not headed east at that time of the morning. I thought initially it was a 53A relief and then I remembered the 53A is run out of 74th.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Outside of shift changes for FedEx, Tootsie Roll and Dart, west of Western doesn't see much ridership, especially not headed east at that time of the morning. I thought initially it was a 53A relief and then I remembered the 53A is run out of 74th.

Isn't 53A out of 77th?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

You're probably right, which is still weird that this 103rd bus is there. I'll check for it these next 3 days to make sure I'm seeing it properly

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Isn't 53A out of 77th?

Yea it is I remember seeing at pic of 1316 that was sideswiped a car at a bus stop on it so 7 runs that which is kinda strange you would think C would run it since both lines start at the same spot 

12 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

In the mornings, there's a bus from 103rd that sits on NB Pulaski right before the Pulaski and 79th intersection, does anyone know why this is? I've seen it almost everyday around 10:30a since last Tuesday. It is usually a shoebox, but has been an artic at least once or twice.

Fall back shelters/relief point waiting areas. Basically due to everything being closed due to COVID-19 buses are being staged at relief points since waiting inside the nearest restaurant or so while your driver to switch with comes is out of the question.

11 hours ago, artthouwill said:

They do pull in and out from the west ends for the first and last few runs but they use the nearest stop to I-57 to do it and head over to the bishop Ford for the garage. I think 103rd just has the extra buses since it's more communter based than 77th.