Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Saw a sign on the destination last week that said bus full. Is there new signage pertaining to Covid-19?

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Not sure what to look for, since that seems like something the driver would have to key in everytime (not sure how that system works, correct me if I’m wrong) and the bus is full status could change quickly if people are getting off incrementally

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I’ll keep an eye out for it. Not sure what to look for, since that seems like something the driver would have to key in everytime (not sure how that system works, correct me if I’m wrong) and the bus is full status could change quickly if people are getting off incrementally

Maybe it's there so when you get passed up you know why. Yeah no route number just bus full across the top center. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe it's there so when you get passed up you know why. Yeah no route number just bus full across the top center. 

Not sure why you’d need a sign, people seem to have figured out what the reason is just fine. Still haven’t forgotten the dude who threw his (what I assume to be) orange Fanta at the bus after we passed him near Pulaski

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Not sure why you’d need a sign, people seem to have figured out what the reason is just fine. Still haven’t forgotten the dude who threw his (what I assume to be) orange Fanta at the bus after we passed him near Pulaski

I had a guy who threw his beer at my bus yesterday on Jackson & Pulaski

Now this morning I seen some strange which I figure it was a mistake 1508 got a C sticker in it now aint no 15's ever been at C on their routes that I can recall so by it being outsouth most of its life did it get sent to SS for maintenance or repairs didn't have a garage sticker in it & they may have put the wrong sticker in it 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Now this morning I seen some strange which I figure it was a mistake 1508 got a C sticker in it now aint no 15's ever been at C on their routes that I can recall so by it being outsouth most of its life did it get sent to SS for maintenance or repairs didn't have a garage sticker in it & they may have put the wrong sticker in it 

shops don’t change the stickers it’s the garage

2 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Wow, this is unprecedented. Not just the bus operators either, all service will stop after 6:30p

https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=68681

I'm relieved because I had an overnight shift tonight. They were looting just a block east of 77th/South/Shops about an hour ago.

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm relieved because I had an overnight shift tonight. They were looting just a block east of 77th/South/Shops about an hour ago.

They made it over there? Sheesh. Today I've heard stuff going down around 63rd/Western, 63rd/Halsted, 95th/Western, 87th/Cottage, 87th/Dan Ryan, and more. Target shut down about half their Chicago locations for the next two weeks as well. Please get home safe and stay there.

1 minute ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

They made it over there? Sheesh. Today I've heard stuff going down around 63rd/Western, 63rd/Halsted, 95th/Western, 87th/Cottage, 87th/Dan Ryan, and more. Target shut down about half their Chicago locations for the next two weeks as well. Please get home safe and stay there.

I've been at home since my shift last night, so many people on Cottage Grove going to work last night were upset at the situation as it unfolded, essential workers are going to be trapped tonight due to the shutdown.