2022 Spring Pick

YoungBusLover

On 3/25/2022 at 7:20 AM, TaylorTank1229 said:

According to the newest service alert from the CTA official website, it seems that beach services for bus routes #35, #63, #72, and #78 will be starting earlier this year with weekend service to the beaches starting on Sunday, March 27th all the way to Labor Day in September. Weekday bus service to the beaches will start on Monday, June 20 up to late-August, with new weekday beach service being added to #35 & #78.

I just saw that on a WGN news alert on my phone. It does make sense to start the service during a pick change instead of doing those ridiculous shuttles until the change to summer pick goes into effect.

18 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Routes with new timetables starting tomorrow or Monday

3 King Drive, 4 Cottage Grove, 8 Halsted, 9 Ashland, X9 Ashland Express, J14 Jeffrey Jump (using an old timetable from 2013), 24 Wentworth, 35 31st/35th, 47 47th, 49 Western, X49 Western Express, 53A South Pulaski, 55A 55th/Austin, 55N 55th/Narragansett, 63 63rd, 63W West 63rd, 65 Grand, 67 67th/69th/71st, 71 71st/South Shore, 72 North, 76 Diversey, 77 Belmont, 78 Montrose, 79 79th, 82 Kimball-Homan, 86 Narragansett/Ridgeland, 87 87th, 93 California/Dodge, 95 95th, X98 Avon Express (changed from 10:40pm-11:05pm to 12:40am-1:05am), 125 Water Tower Express, 135 Clarendon/LaSalle Express, 136 Sheridan/LaSalle Express, 147 Outer Dusable-Lake Shore Express (supposed to be Outer Drive Express), 148 Clarendon/Michigan Express, 156 LaSalle, 171 University of Chicago/Hyde Park, 172 University of Chicago/Kenwood, 192 University of Chicago Hospitals Express, 206 Evanston Circulator.

As discussed in a separate thread the route names for 146 and 147 officially changed back in January.

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

I just saw that on a WGN news alert on my phone. It does make sense to start the service during a pick change instead of doing those ridiculous shuttles until the change to summer pick goes into effect.

As discussed in a separate thread the route names for 146 and 147 officially changed back in January.

Yes, I’m still trying to get used to it since I’m not used to the new name yet as I been taking 147 since 2005.

8 hours ago, jajuan said:

What's the new route name for 146?

On 3/26/2022 at 8:10 PM, Tcmetro said:

Route 36 is changing as well. The timetable reads "March 27, 2020" which is an error. The evening service extension to Harrison and Desplaines is being removed.

Some other changes seem to be a reduction of added service during covid on routes like the 36, 79, 82.

More frequency on X9 and X49 as well as the 53A and 8, which was discussed earlier.

Probably changes of a few trips here and there otherwise.

I checked out some of new schedules, and it looks like the early Sunday mornings trips on #82 that run between the Belmont Blue Line & 31st St. has shifted. Schedule says the early northbound trips that terminated at Belmont now terminates at Kimball/Lawrence (Brown Line). But for southbound buses, they still start at Belmont until the time when buses begin going to/coming from Devon/Kedzie… ?

11 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

I checked out some of new schedules, and it looks like the early Sunday mornings trips on #82 that run between the Belmont Blue Line & 31st St. has shifted. Schedule says the early northbound trips that terminated at Belmont now terminates at Kimball/Lawrence (Brown Line). But for southbound buses, they still start at Belmont until the time when buses begin going to/coming from Devon/Kedzie… ?

Did you check all columns? Could be either a misprint or somehow they're actually making that happen cause of demand. 

16 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

What was the trend before? I looked and like you said nothing makes sense  unless the first northbound trips just deadhead back south. 4 min is tight to get back to Belmont from Kimball. We need eyes on the ground to find out what's really going on with this 

20 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Did some comparisons. I think it's a misprint and the trips are still starting and ending at Belmont. Recent timetable has Belmont as a timepoint vs using a letter to denote sometimes the editing department has hiccups with this ?

On 3/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yes, I’m still trying to get used to it since I’m not used to the new name yet as I been taking 147 since 2005.

The name change officially turned over in 2003 with North DLSD Restructuring, when I was in high school. 

On 4/2/2022 at 6:54 PM, MetroShadow said:

The name change officially turned over in 2003 with North DLSD Restructuring, when I was in high school. 

If you're speaking of 146, it's undergone another name change to a third name. The one I think you're speaking of was when it went from 146 Marine/Michigan Express to 146 Inner Dr/Michigan Express due to the then new 144 getting the Marine/Michigan Express name. This time around it changed to 146 Inner Lake Shore/Michigan Express. That happened back in January of this year. At that same time in January, the 147 changed to 147 Outer DuSable Lake Shore Express. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

If you're speaking of 146, it's undergone another name change to a third name. The one I think you're speaking of was when it went from 146 Marine/Michigan Express to 146 Inner Dr/Michigan Express due to the then new 144 getting the Marine/Michigan Express name. This time around it changed to 146 Inner Lake Shore/Michigan Express. That happened back in January of this year. At that same time in January, the 147 changed to 147 Outer DuSable Lake Shore Express. 

Absolutely correct 

But the name changes could have been simplified like this:

Q46 Lake Shore/Michigan Express 

Q47 Dusable Express

Honestly CTA didn’t even have to change either routes considering that Lake Shore wasn't in the route names

You already know what I thought about the name changes 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Absolutely correct 

Q47 Dusable Express

Honestly CTA didn’t even have to change either routes considering that Lake Shore wasn't in the route names

I concur. The former names conveyed the same Info the new names do with less lengthy names; outer drive let you know the 147 stayed on NLSD for most of the trip, Inner Driver had let people know that 146 handles the local drive to Belmont. The new names are no different outside of going out the way to let you know lake shore is now dusable. 

22 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Absolutely correct 

Q47 Dusable Express

19 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I concur. The former names conveyed the same Info the new names do with less lengthy names; outer drive let you know the 147 stayed on NLSD for most of the trip, Inner Driver had let people know that 146 handles the local drive to Belmont. The new names are no different outside of going out the way to let you know lake shore is now dusable. 

Yes. The new name for the Drive itself is already a mouthful. But I guess that's what happens when you go for a compromise when you had one constituency adamantly supportive of a name change and that was just as strongly opposed.