The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#4069 brokedown at Ford City tonight #1321 brokedown just east of 79th and Stony Island.

Dang I saw 4069 yesterday morning not thinking it was gonna break down. And 1321 wow that bus hasn't been out for even 2 weeks after being released from the boneyard and already broke. Both buses were recently in the shops too as you mentioned.  Also, I saw tow truck #250 going north on Michigan yesterday from the south side around Washington probably going to tow another broken bus. That's a lot of broken down buses yesterday

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8285 broke down Narragansett & School NB on rt. 86

7912 broke down Michigan & 27th NB on rt. 4

1202 broke down 103rd & Homan SB on rt. 103

yep I eventually knew 8285 was gonna break down soon after the issue that came last month 

What happened with 8285

On 3/14/2021 at 1:44 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yesterday I was riding 8285 on the 78 and while we was going southbound on Elston, I heard a warning alarm coming from the front of the bus that sounded like there was an issue with the bus. The bus driver continued driving until he pulled over on Montrose & Springfield. The driver got out his cell phone and then exited his cab area of the bus. He said 8285 might be broken so he had to call in control. About 3 minutes later, he finished the call and control said the bus was okay to move again. The bus didn’t have any problems after that but I got off a few blocks later at Kimball.

Read this ^^^

8 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

What happened with 8285

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea #1935 is something else that man got blue smoke pure blowing out probably has to be freshly fueled up or something 

I think it has a oil leak or some cux I know it has to have fresh gas in it as much as I know it gets used & normal it a just be blue smoke for like 15-20 mins that a burn off while still at the garage cuz they let em run there before they go out which all garages do 

9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea #1935 is something else that man got blue smoke pure blowing out probably has to be freshly fueled up or something 

Never saw it on my camera but you guys saw it for long enough now I guess I can trust you lol since mine was in pure daytime and yours was a sighting in easier to see conditions

3 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I think it has a oil leak or some cux I know it has to have fresh gas in it as much as I know it gets used & normal it a just be blue smoke for like 15-20 mins that a burn off while still at the garage cuz they let em run there before they go out which all garages do 

Hopefully they'll fix that so blue smoke won't emit again