The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Never saw it on my camera but you guys saw it for long enough now I guess I can trust you lol since mine was in pure daytime and yours was a sighting in easier to see conditions

Hopefully they'll fix that so blue smoke won't emit again

Was thinking maybe that's why FG had it. Either the other garage didnt want it or they felt fg could fix it. But it looks to be burning oil somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Never saw it on my camera but you guys saw it for long enough now I guess I can trust you lol since mine was in pure daytime and yours was a sighting in easier to see conditions

Hopefully they'll fix that so blue smoke won't emit again

Yea hopefully they do but they may let it run like that

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

#1191 was smoking it up with blue smoke on the #N5 last night. I was watching it from my bus. It was doing it pretty heavy on idle. Looked like a chimney stack.

I noticed that as well with #1316 a bus I operated on 79th and #1327 on Saturday. 

35 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Was coming in late yesterday evening and there was one of the newer novas (8200's) parked on the apron at harlem/forest preserve dr. The bus was off had no lights and appeared to be dead. Maybe it was a tow. Couldnt get the bus number

chances are that’s a #78 they like to come by the hip really early n they won’t leave for like half an hour or more possibly bus driver turned it off and went to the mall 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#1191 was smoking it up with blue smoke on the #N5 last night. I was watching it from my bus. It was doing it pretty heavy on idle. Looked like a chimney stack.

i seen #1023 yesterday it was parked up on the side at the JP terminal by the #85A bus stop and it went on route to #91 Austin once the bus exited the terminal it was smoking like a chimney 

50 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Was coming in late yesterday evening and there was one of the newer novas (8200's) parked on the apron at harlem/forest preserve dr. The bus was off had no lights and appeared to be dead. Maybe it was a tow. Couldnt get the bus number

What time did you see that dead bus?

49 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It was late like 9pm on the hip apron. Seat belt was hanging out the window. Dont know if that means anything. Didnt see an operator either

Oh so Idk honestly since all novas that were out that late yesterday on the 78 were all active this morning. I'mma say it was an 80 probably since some 80's go there as well. And those seatbelts are loose if they hang out the window, because I notice most CTA bus drivers apparently do not wear seatbelts properly or even don't wear them at all, which I think isn't safe. These seatbelts honestly should be retracting when they're pulled and probably that would help out a bit 

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh so Idk honestly since all novas that were out that late yesterday on the 78 were all active this morning. I'mma say it was an 80 probably since some 80's go there as well. And those seatbelts are loose if they hang out the window, because I notice most CTA bus drivers apparently do not wear seatbelts properly or even don't wear them at all, which I think isn't safe. These seatbelts honestly should be retracting when they're pulled and probably that would help out a bit 

We all wear the seatbelts some of us will wrap them around the harness to prevent it from making things more compact around the waist area. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I wear mines cuz we out there on the road can can get smacked real quick

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow that might be the second electric bus to arrive to 77th So these electric buses are having issues now wow. Btw 1738 broke down yesterday night on the 126

Dam I just see 38 yesterday & I was always thinking that the 600's was gone be a issue

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Are the buses breaking down due to running out of power, or other non-obvious issues?

I wouldn't say power is the issue its more so software and mechanics, #600 was active for a majority of the day. I caught it later on in the afternoon at Navy Pier and the bus ran ok.