More Bus Moves

sw4400

They could be retiring buses internally within the garage. That would give them less novas. No way does FG have 282 buses. Something must be retiring. I don't think they have a capacity for 280 at the glen.

Officially 257 at FG. Not all running, about 20 sitting dead in the back in parking lot on south side of Armstrong (including 6400)

I would tend to agree that something has to be OOS and on the path to retirement just from how compact space is at FG compared to other garages especially with new development boxing them in essentially and leaving them far less room to go over capacity than at other garages.

As of Sun 3/15 411 6400's still "active", though actual number is less when dead ones are accounted for.

Officially 257 at FG. Not all running, about 20 sitting dead in the back in parking lot on south side of Armstrong (including 6400)

So where are the other 23 buses? I'm assuming the 20 are part of the 257. I started making a list of what I've seen at FG and what I haven't seen. Today 120 haven't been in service so far. I personally have not seen #6403 and #6411 in a while.

Something has been retired if my counts reflect 440 and you state there are 411. Sounds like they are all mostly from FG, maybe that's what happened to the 23?

1286,1488 and 1540 are here at 103rd Garage just saw both of them pull out just now. It may be more loaners but I'm not sure just giving you guys a heads up that's all.

They're loaners because on Busfinder #1286 is on the 79 and #1488 is on the #3, but I don't see #1540

#4193 #4185 #4177 spotted on The J14

4193 I think might be the only thing new to 103rd out of those three (if I'm remembering the prior cutoff between Kedzie and 103rd correctly). 4177 and 4185 have been there since the purging of all artics from 77th garage at the start of last year's fall pick.